powerp

What will the final be?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What will the final score be

• SP by 2 td's or less
    • SP by 3 td's or more
    • Coalfield by 2 td's or less
    • Coalfield by 2 td's or more

this team could never run the single wing very effective it takes 2 much practice.and the single wing does not have a QB he is called a bocking back.thats what he was always called when we ran it in 69-72.he mainly blocked so that might get a QB hurt and then our passing game would be gone cause Stone is a good passer and a good runner dont want him getting hurt then we would have 2 run all the time.

I know there was never a qb listed in the program until after 1992. However, I was posting that to a GCA person. However, you seem to forget Chris Ferrel and many of the blocking backs could throw the ball and did so very well. I agree that it is not a offense you shift to occasionally. However, if you go back and look, I said in lieu of the spread. I could see running the single wing and mixing in a spread type offense by moving the BB between the TB and FB with the end split out and the WB out in the slot.

Edit: Mark Allison used to throw it deep to Mack Moore a few times as well ast to Bruce Glenn.

Edit: Edit: Plus, the concern of the qb getting hurt out of the single wing loses its argument when you turn around and play him at safety.

Edited by rlh

Grider could pass out of the single wing. He could have our snapper snap it to the runner and our runner could throw it to our pass catcher. Let me ask you a question. Did you used to nock a hole for that Wigfall man to run through? He was a real good runner. You think im joking but im not.

Don Grider did pass out of the side saddle formation with the BB tacking the snap. Chris Ferrel and Mark Allison were pretty effective at it. Grider had Ferrel take the snap while side saddle as well as under center for pass plays. Ironically, It was often a toss when Ferrel took the snap under center though.

Grider could pass out of the single wing. He could have our snapper snap it to the runner and our runner could throw it to our pass catcher. Let me ask you a question. Did you used to nock a hole for that Wigfall man to run through? He was a real good runner. You think im joking but im not.

No i didnt open any holes 4 him I played DE and OE i blocked some down field if he got held up sometimes.any other time he was alredy down the field so quick i didnt take a chance on a clip or a unsportman like call when the block was away from the play anyway.Yea he was better than just good he was the GREATEST 2 ever run 4 S.Pitt.never seen anybody even close 2 what he could do on the field.Let me ask u something Roy is that your picture u have on here? I know i dont really look around alot into the stands but i do not ever remember seeing u at a Pittsburg game.maybe u have shaved?you dont sit up there with Bob Sherrill and ShawnDunwoody do u? :roflol: seems like i would see you at the concessions getting cocoa anyway.but then again i stay on the north end on the sidelines.

No i didnt open any holes 4 him I played DE and OE i blocked some down field if he got held up sometimes.any other time he was alredy down the field so quick i didnt take a chance on a clip or a unsportman like call when the block was away from the play anyway.Yea he was better than just good he was the GREATEST 2 ever run 4 S.Pitt.never seen anybody even close 2 what he could do on the field.Let me ask u something Roy is that your picture u have on here? I know i dont really look around alot into the stands but i do not ever remember seeing u at a Pittsburg game.maybe u have shaved?you dont sit up there with Bob Sherrill and ShawnDunwoody do u? :roflol: seems like i would see you at the concessions getting cocoa anyway.but then again i stay on the north end on the sidelines.

I dont sit in that Sherrill mans pressbox. Grider only lets the announcers sit in that Sherrill mans pressbox. I usually go to Griders concession stand at halftime to get my thermos refilled with hot cocoa. You think im joking but im not.

I know there was never a qb listed in the program until after 1992. However, I was posting that to a GCA person. However, you seem to forget Chris Ferrel and many of the blocking backs could throw the ball and did so very well. I agree that it is not a offense you shift to occasionally. However, if you go back and look, I said in lieu of the spread. I could see running the single wing and mixing in a spread type offense by moving the BB between the TB and FB with the end split out and the WB out in the slot.

Edit: Mark Allison used to throw it deep to Mack Moore a few times as well ast to Bruce Glenn.

Edit: Edit: Plus, the concern of the qb getting hurt out of the single wing loses its argument when you turn around and play him at safety.

Yea your right u can throw out of it we just would have 2 put n 2 much practice 2 run it then it would take practice time away from what we really run.But there is a big difference n blocking big linemen and linebackers out of the BBposition and making tackles at the safety position.granted he can still get hurt put its more open field tackling and coverage where he can use angles 2 tackle and not have to butt heads with the big boys.in my view they run him 2 dang much anyway.in games that we have been winning big n they still run him and that is bad coaching in my book.he should be on the sideline more with a big lead anyway unless its the state game.

46On2 you sound like you must have played for the orange and black during the side saddle single wing years. You seem to have alot of knowledge about the SP program. What did practice look like to you this week? Did you think the boys looked better than last week?

I really would not know.some people tell me stuff but they r pretty bias so i dont really listen 2 much of it unless its about a injury or something.I do not make it to the practices i am usually still working.Just hope they r ready cause it will not b a cakewalk.

Yea your right u can throw out of it we just would have 2 put n 2 much practice 2 run it then it would take practice time away from what we really run.But there is a big difference n blocking big linemen and linebackers out of the BBposition and making tackles at the safety position.granted he can still get hurt put its more open field tackling and coverage where he can use angles 2 tackle and not have to butt heads with the big boys.in my view they run him 2 dang much anyway.in games that we have been winning big n they still run him and that is bad coaching in my book.he should be on the sideline more with a big lead anyway unless its the state game.

The intentions were to keep stone off of defense but injuries to other put him on the field. Once the Allen boys are healthy u won't see stone on def unless 3rd and long. IMO I think he has done a great job at safety. He will be starting there next year so this is good experience

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

Roy, that pep rally was posted on the Princess' marquee. Glad 2 hear it was the best one this year. I think CF will give it their all. We need 2 b ready. No one felt sorry for us while we battled injuries all year & I am sure CF's coaching staff will have their team fired up.

Go P! Win this one & get ready for the next one!!

SP keep your mouth shut and play ball and you will walk out with a W!

To all fans of SP and Coalfield: Cheer for your team, support them, believe in them, but do not hollar negative comments against kids of an opposite team. Especially don't say any mess about them getting hurt like some other team did last week. Everybody loves this game. But, it is still a game. Root for your team to dominate, not hollar bad things at the players. See everyone at Coalfield :thumb:

Edited by powerp