Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

Alright fanforlife (and others).....got the numbers for you. Not counting OT or punts, we ran 28 offensive plays in the second half. Controlled the 3rd qtr. We score with 3:47 to go in the 3rd to go up 28-0. Of 28 plays, 11 of them are out of 4 wide or 3 wide with a TE, all after our last TD. 9 passes, all AFTER our last TD. At least 7 of the 9 pass plays, Swafford is in the pattern, can't tell on the other two. At least 3 of those are go routes can't tell about the other 2. Of the 9 pass plays, 2 were complete for a total of 12 yards, 2 were incomplete, 1 was a penalty that didn't count and 4 were sacks/scrambles. Had 9 runs inside the tackles in the second half. That includes 3 counter plays and 3 option plays where the QB gave instead of keeping or pitching. 10 runs that were outside the tackles. Out of 28 plays, Swafford had 9 touches, Cook had 6 carries plus the 4 scramble/sacks. Barger 2 and McCord 1. 6 plays where either Slaughter or Casey carried the ball from the fullback position. Given that the fullback carried the ball 20 times out of 40 first half plays, it's tough to fault a man for trying something that had worked so well earlier in the game......but as you can see, wouldn't exactly call it packing it in!

There are the facts......

In re-watching this painful thing, I noted that Clark didn't make or miss any tackles, blocks, or running lanes. He didn't miss an open receiver nor did he bust a coverage or run out

of his lane on kick coverage. He's not scored or given up a single point since 1992, I have been watching.

Now, with all that said, I wish he would have called something different too because the plays he called didn't work to get us a win. But it wasnt because he was too conservative nor because of brain freeze. It had a lot to do with our kids gettin it done and their kids gettin it done. Geeze, this hysterical witch hunt is absolutely the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Call me a homer or whatever else you want to call me, but first off, use facts to make your argument, not some bunch of made up garbage. Second, say what you will bout how much each of you complainers say you care, BUT You don't turn on your own and call yourself a fan!

Good post KPT...It is very easy for us as fans to always blame the coach, especially with the situation yall had their against SC. BUT, like you said, Coach Clark wasn't out there tackling, running the ball, nor was he catching it i am pretty sure. In today's society in America, we always have to lay the blame to somebody, and in sports it is usually the head Coach of whatever sport it may be. We don't understand the pressure these coaches have on them to succeed, especially at a traditional powerhouse like Dobyns Bennett, which expects to win. I think from a distance Clark has done a great job, and unless yall hired quarles, or Rankin, i don't see much reason in hiring somebody else with the overall record that Clark has. Just my two sense, hope yall get the kinks worked out!

• Upvote 1

Gee , I don't know how we'll survive without your support ... I thought you were supposed to be beating someone up tonight ??

You don't need my support, i heard you were the head jock inspector at Maryville. I guess your a graduate of Penn State? No wonder you like that job. It's hard to not pull for a semi-local team but i could'nt stand it if you guys won it again. Enjoy the success because this will all come to an end one day and your going to be on the losing end of a lot of aggression. As far as beating up, i will leave that up to Riverdale tomorrow night. After all, we are all supposed to be adults here even though some jerks make it hard to act like it. Roll Tribe and let's go Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody is all worked up and I bet Coach is playing golf somewhere.

Yeah, he called a bunch of dives and counters when he should have been getting first downs to eat clock.

It wouldn't have mattered, you were headed for a bigger butt whooping the next week.

The last 8 years there was no football title team in Kingsport.

You mention Turner and Rankin. Why would they want to come to DB? Unless Rankin catches heat for this season he will definitely stay. Turner would be taking a BIG step back. He is probably looking at a bigger college job right now.

Join the rest of East Tenn. Grab some popcorn and start watching Basketball. Before long you can start crowing about how this is the year.

You don't need my support, i heard you were the head jock inspector at Maryville. I guess your a graduate of Penn State? No wonder you like that job. It's hard to not pull for a semi-local team but i could'nt stand it if you guys won it again. Enjoy the success because this will all come to an end one day and your going to be on the losing end of a lot of aggression. As far as beating up, i will leave that up to Riverdale tomorrow night. After all, we are all supposed to be adults here even though some jerks make it hard to act like it. Roll Tribe and let's go Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah pep...Thair iz a addultt post if'un eye've evur seen hit.... :popcorneater:

The lil puppy is Yapping ... no wonder people laugh at you .

Losers like you just make Winning that much Sweeter , hope you have a Nice Thanksgiving !!

Alright fanforlife (and others).....got the numbers for you. Not counting OT or punts, we ran 28 offensive plays in the second half. Controlled the 3rd qtr. We score with 3:47 to go in the 3rd to go up 28-0. Of 28 plays, 11 of them are out of 4 wide or 3 wide with a TE, all after our last TD. 9 passes, all AFTER our last TD. At least 7 of the 9 pass plays, Swafford is in the pattern, can't tell on the other two. At least 3 of those are go routes can't tell about the other 2. Of the 9 pass plays, 2 were complete for a total of 12 yards, 2 were incomplete, 1 was a penalty that didn't count and 4 were sacks/scrambles. Had 9 runs inside the tackles in the second half. That includes 3 counter plays and 3 option plays where the QB gave instead of keeping or pitching. 10 runs that were outside the tackles. Out of 28 plays, Swafford had 9 touches, Cook had 6 carries plus the 4 scramble/sacks. Barger 2 and McCord 1. 6 plays where either Slaughter or Casey carried the ball from the fullback position. Given that the fullback carried the ball 20 times out of 40 first half plays, it's tough to fault a man for trying something that had worked so well earlier in the game......but as you can see, wouldn't exactly call it packing it in!

There are the facts......

In re-watching this painful thing, I noted that Clark didn't make or miss any tackles, blocks, or running lanes. He didn't miss an open receiver nor did he bust a coverage or run out

of his lane on kick coverage. He's not scored or given up a single point since 1992, I have been watching.

Now, with all that said, I wish he would have called something different too because the plays he called didn't work to get us a win. But it wasnt because he was too conservative nor because of brain freeze. It had a lot to do with our kids gettin it done and their kids gettin it done. Geeze, this hysterical witch hunt is absolutely the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Call me a homer or whatever else you want to call me, but first off, use facts to make your argument, not some bunch of made up garbage. Second, say what you will bout how much each of you complainers say you care, BUT You don't turn on your own and call yourself a fan!

cook was 3 of 8 for the game, foreman caught 1 pass second half for about 5 yards, you need my glasses

The lil puppy is Yapping ... no wonder people laugh at you .

Losers like you just make Winning that much Sweeter , hope you have a Nice Thanksgiving !!

DB Fans shouldnt yall be enjoying basketball season? I wouldnt be talking crap about maryville when you loose back to back yrs at your home field to a Bearden team that sucked, and a Sevier Co team that got crushed by maryville, so just go enjoy your hoop season and do what you DB fans are gettin good at keep sayin well theres always next season lol

I'm sorry we disappointed you yet again . Now you can cheer for a Memphis team ... Good luck :thumb:

cook was 3 of 8 for the game, foreman caught 1 pass second half for about 5 yards, you need my glasses

Uh......yeah, so what's your point? That's what I'm trying to tell you. You obviously have finally figured it out! Actually Chris was 3 of 9. But there were 17 pass plays called, only got 9 of them thrown. Only got 4 off in the second half, but not because the COACH didn't call the play!!!!! If you call the go route and the D line is hanging on your facemask before your 3 step drop....Chris pulls it down and runs for his life! It dont show as an attempt in the stats if he scrambles or is sacked. I have never said that the results were what I wanted them to be. They were not! But it was not because of play calling!!!!! The passes were called....the go routes to Swafford, the streaks, stops and crossing routes to Malik, the sweeps and counters that have been our bread and butter! All were called in the second half! SC hit them right in the mouth! We didn't make a play!

I REALLY don't want nothing to do with your glasses! They ain't working for you. I might suggest you retake that football 101 Course that you were crowing about the other day. You might consider a different book or instructor. You have proven on these last few pages that you don't know enough about the game to even know what you are crying about, much less how it might get fixed......best move on to making stuff up bout Charlie or Roger!

I'm sorry we disappointed you yet again . Now you can cheer for a Memphis team ... Good luck :thumb:

Not all of us Pep. Y'all got a lot of support up here. I'd just like to get a shot at the World Champs one time! Ha!

Seriously, good luck to the Red Rebs next week! Bring that ball back East!

Not all of us Pep. Y'all got a lot of support up here. I'd just like to get a shot at the World Champs one time! Ha!

Seriously, good luck to the Red Rebs next week! Bring that ball back East!

I know , and I have a lot of respect for Kingsport DB Too , just rattling db91's cage a little bit :roflol: