Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

Really would hate to go play by play bc it's not necessary and it would require naming players. That's not acceptable either. I only go play by play because of the incorrect allegation, by you and your devout followers, that "we went conservative and quit at halftime"

The big picture is that we came out of halftime with good enough halftime adjustments to control the ball and the clock for the 3rd quarter and scored the first points of the second half with 3:47 to play. The halftime adjustments were fine. Then...and only then, did SC go unconventional. The coaches pick up on it immediately....you saw the results. YOU, sir, obviously have NO clue what all was done, called, tried, re tried, and attempted to overcome what they were doing. You SIR, have no idea who all was consulted and had input on the decision making and the play calling during the fouth quarter. You make your assumptions and your big questions all that you like. But you are wrong.

I have told you what happened to blow a 28 point lead, but I get chewed out because I suggest that we have to do what we are coached to do in coverage, special teams and tackling. At some point it requires that that somebody in maroon has to beat somebody wearing purple at the point of attack. Somebody has to make a block, somebody has to break a tackle, somebody has to find an open receiver and make a play even though they are hanging on your arm and are in your face, somebody has to get open OR make a block on the edge. Otherwise, the play calls are worthless...

Not any one single person or player...nobody wasn't playing hard or trying....it's a team.

How do you beat a stacked line??? Run right at it? Didn't work. Run around it? Tried that. Throw over it? No time. Short dumps? Didn't work. Pick routes, shallow crosses, rub routes? Nope, couldn't get the pass off...those were scrambles. Vary the snap count? Go on first sound? Didn't help. Misdirection? Fail. Oh, cut the line splits, max protect an get your speed down field with your best player underneath....they can't cover both!!! Yeah, they did.

Maybe coach Waco has another idea? No....Waco doesn't have to have any answers, in fact, let's just attack the guy that's providing the proof that the mighty air bag, I mean Waco, is full of it!

having the qb watch the umpire, to watch him start counting down is not changing the snap count, you have answered every question but this why didnt foreman touch the ball,and dont tell me you couldnt get it to him, what your admitting to is we got out coached, oh my fault out played,my eyes tell me we were trying to run the clock out, so who am i going to believe you or my lying eyes, and to keep harping on 21-2 record for a school who has spent a ton of money, so who have we beat?, maryville hasnt spent a 10th of what we have spent nor has oak ridge, yet oak ridge has gone to the 3rd round the last 2yrs i went and watched the farragut vs oak ridge game farragut rushed for over 400 yards, so you tell me kptvol this time next year you can say 32-3, had a 27 zip lead at half couldnt do anything second half got beat 32-27 sound familar

Edited by dbfanforlife

54 pages of TRIPE, and y'all are still no closer to getting past the third round of the playoffs more than y'all have been in the last ahhhhhh 12 years or so.

Do any of y'all know something POSITIVE to do for the program other than whining and argueing like a bunch of 10 year old GIRLS?

To be blunt ALL of you need a SLAP!

To be blunt.....First everybody has to agree that there is a problem in the first place. If you've read very many of these post you know we have a couple on here that think everything is fine. You know you have some serious problems with your program when you win as many regular season games as we do and can't get past the second round. I don't know, maybe its been going on for so long some people think its normal.

To be blunt.....First everybody has to agree that there is a problem in the first place. If you've read very many of these post you know we have a couple on here that think everything is fine. You know you have some serious problems with your program when you win as many regular season games as we do and can't get past the second round. I don't know, maybe its been going on for so long some people think its normal.

I have read EVERY page. To be blunt while Coach Clark is a VERY good regular season Coach, he just CHOKES in the playoffs on a GRAND SCALE.

Now what are y'all going to do about that? Has anybody actually asked him to his face if he has a theory as to why that happens?

I have read EVERY page. To be blunt while Coach Clark is a VERY good regular season Coach, he just CHOKES in the playoffs on a GRAND SCALE.

Now what are y'all going to do about that? Has anybody actually asked him to his face if he has a theory as to why that happens?

thanks for the intrest old dad im glad somebody cares, and i love the smyrna nashville area, i have a sister and brother down there, would love for the football championship to move back to the boro, im glad the basketball is still there it gives me a reason to go to toots, no more football post for me until spring everyone be safe and have merry christmas and happy new year, ps santa please bring me a 3rd round game i have been so good, cookies and milk under the tree (hard stuff in the cabinet help yourself its going to to be a long nite in kpt everybody is wanting the same thing)

having the qb watch the umpire, to watch him start counting down is not changing the snap count, you have answered every question but this why didnt foreman touch the ball,and dont tell me you couldnt get it to him, what your admitting to is we got out coached, oh my fault out played,my eyes tell me we were trying to run the clock out, so who am i going to believe you or my lying eyes, and to keep harping on 21-2 record for a school who has spent a ton of money, so who have we beat?, maryville hasnt spent a 10th of what we have spent nor has oak ridge, yet oak ridge has gone to the 3rd round the last 2yrs i went and watched the farragut vs oak ridge game farragut rushed for over 400 yards, so you tell me kptvol this time next year you can say 32-3, had a 27 zip lead at half couldnt do anything second half got beat 32-27 sound familar

I personaly dont see a problem with waiting and watching the count in this situation, but when that ball is snapped, you still gotta move the ball. Was it the actual play calling or complete lack of execution. I have a hard time believing it was the latter. By the way, the qb watches the Back Judge, not the Umpire for the count. :P

Commented a few times on this thread already, but I don't think I ever addressed DB directly. I think a multitude of things resulted in this loss or previous exits from the playoffs. One reason in my opinion is psychological. Stress and anxiety has played crucial roles in some of these games in regard to the coaching staff, players, and fans. After the Sevier County player returned the blocked punt for a touchdown making it a 28-14 ball game it felt as if there was an ominous cloud over J Fred. You could see it in the body language of the players and by the silence of the home crowd. The fans, players, and coaches have experienced several early exits after initially going 10-0 in the regular season and those type of losses are usually some of the hardest to get out your mind.

Another reason in my opinion is GC's philosophy. I think he's more conservative in these types of games and approaches them from the standpoint of "play not to lose" as opposed to "play to win." One thing that comes to mind is the slow time consuming drive that milked 9 minutes in the second quarter and resulted in 0 points on the board. That type of approach may have worked against a team specializing in similar types of time consuming drives, but not against a passing team with the potential to score quickly.

The third reason and the one that's been said countless times is the regular season schedule does nothing to properly prepare DB for their playoffs. The conference schedule to pretty weak overall and I know DB can't do anything about that, but there's no way that a schedule with 7 5A teams (all of them average to below average 5A teams) and 3 6A teams (all of them average to below average 6A teams) can prepare a team to beat 5 average to above average 6A teams in consecutive weeks. The game just gets faster the further you progress. Going 9-1 or 10-0 and winning conference championships almost every year, but struggling to get past the 2nd round tells me that your team isn't getting tested in the regular season; it just creates unrealistic expectations. DB needs to couple of teams on their schedule that could potentially mirror the quality of a team they would expect to face in the later rounds. Maybe that type of adversity in the regular season could even help the coaching staff.

Don't take any of what I posted as an attack on DB. I enjoy watching DB play and only root against them when they play THS.

Edited by THSVikings2004

Commented a few times on this thread already, but I don't think I ever addressed DB directly. I think a multitude of things resulted in this loss or previous exits from the playoffs. One reason in my opinion is psychological. Stress and anxiety has played crucial roles in some of these games in regard to the coaching staff, players, and fans. After the Sevier County player returned the blocked punt for a touchdown making it a 28-14 ball game it felt as if there was an ominous cloud over J Fred. You could see it in the body language of the players and by the silence of the home crowd. The fans, players, and coaches have experienced several early exits after initially going 10-0 in the regular season and those type of losses are usually some of the hardest to get out your mind.

Another reason in my opinion is GC's philosophy. I think he's more conservative in these types of games and approaches them from the standpoint of "play not to lose" as opposed to "play to win." One thing that comes to mind is the slow time consuming drive that milked 9 minutes in the second quarter and resulted in 0 points on the board. That type of approach may have worked against a team specializing in similar types of time consuming drives, but not against a passing team with the potential to score quickly.

The third reason and the one that's been said countless times is the regular season schedule does nothing to properly prepare DB for their playoffs. The conference schedule to pretty weak overall and I know DB can't do anything about that, but there's no way that a schedule with 7 5A teams (all of them average to below average 5A teams) and 3 6A teams (all of them average to below average 6A teams) can prepare a team to beat 5 average to above average 6A teams in consecutive weeks. The game just gets faster the further you progress. Going 9-1 or 10-0 and winning conference championships almost every year, but struggling to get past the 2nd round tells me that your team isn't getting tested in the regular season; it just creates unrealistic expectations. DB needs to couple of teams on their schedule that could potentially mirror the quality of a team they would expect to face in the later rounds. Maybe that type of adversity in the regular season could even help the coaching staff.

Don't take any of what I posted as an attack on DB. I enjoy watching DB play and only root against them when they play THS.

scheduling three different schools as out of conference still won't help when you play the sorry programs we have to play every year. We will never get better as long as we are in this conference. We need to be playing Knoxville area schools maybe even Greenville and Oak Ridge and pick up a Maryville or an Alcoa. I would gladly take a 7-3 record and be ready for the playoffs. Not taking anything away from Farragut or Sevier County but should be beating them consistantly. As for the coaching, and let me say i hate this saying," it is what it is". Roll Tribe!!!!!

scheduling three different schools as out of conference still won't help when you play the sorry programs we have to play every year. We will never get better as long as we are in this conference. We need to be playing Knoxville area schools maybe even Greenville and Oak Ridge and pick up a Maryville or an Alcoa. I would gladly take a 7-3 record and be ready for the playoffs. Not taking anything away from Farragut or Sevier County but should be beating them consistantly. As for the coaching, and let me say i hate this saying," it is what it is". Roll Tribe!!!!!

I just like to go back to the Big East and the old system.Get the number 1 in your district and play three monsters outside of the conference {win or lose},your still a 1 seed.That doesn't mean DB would go to the finals,but the games would be great to watch during the regular season.Sevier county had two very tough games before Maryville and they got spanked anyway.

Old Dad I appreciate your input here. I've read alot of your post for several years and have jousted with you a few times. You know your football, more than me or anyone else on this thread thats for sure. Yea, I get pretty silly sometimes on here but I just want to see DB make it to the championship game, just once. We have some fans that just make one excuse after another or think the answer is to make a mockery of the discusion by posting silly little cartoons. Theres just enough of them to prevent any changes that need to be made. The vast majority of fans know what the deal is. Your right about Clark being a VERY good regular season Coach. He's also a good man. Your right that he CHOKES in the playoffs. That is a no-brainer. I don't know if you remember or know the details of the playoff game we lost to McMinn Co. a few years ago. We were up 24-0 at halftime over McMinn who wasn't a very good team that year. We blew that lead and at the end Clark called a play that I can't even describe. It was designed to run out the clock by our offensive line tackleing their defensive players and holding them down while our ball carrier ran around running time off the clock. Ever here of that? So after the penalty we punted directly to their best player who returned it for a TD. End of game.... we lost. That was an embarressement of epic proportions to the entire city of Kingsport. Aftwards Clark claimed blame and was very somber in doing so. And thats what he should of done. I figured that was good enough. Every coach pulls a bonner sometime. I figured he learned a good lesson that night. NOT SO. After the Sevier Co. loss in the playoffs this year blowing a 28-0 lead late in the third quarter he blaimed the "Oak Ridge refs" and falure of the players to execute. Said he just needed to call "one more play". Now I know you know what has happened in the playoffs for the past 12 years as does the rest of the state. We are now forever branded as the team that CHOKES in the playoffs. Different players and teams every year....same coach. Who should take the blame????? I don't think theres another coach in the country, high school, college, or pro that has the wins in regular season and and dismal playoff record that Clark has. Countless conference championships, top five state ranking almost every year and several regular season #1 rankings. Can't get past the first or second rounds sometimes against 5-5 teams that arn't very good at all. To answer your last question, How do you ask the man if he does't think he is the problem? The same thing is going to happen next year. Maybe he'll do the right thing and resign. Its a shame we're going to wast another good team.

Old Dad I appreciate your input here. I've read alot of your post for several years and have jousted with you a few times. You know your football, more than me or anyone else on this thread thats for sure. Yea, I get pretty silly sometimes on here but I just want to see DB make it to the championship game, just once. We have some fans that just make one excuse after another or think the answer is to make a mockery of the discusion by posting silly little cartoons. Theres just enough of them to prevent any changes that need to be made. The vast majority of fans know what the deal is. Your right about Clark being a VERY good regular season Coach. He's also a good man. Your right that he CHOKES in the playoffs. That is a no-brainer. I don't know if you remember or know the details of the playoff game we lost to McMinn Co. a few years ago. We were up 24-0 at halftime over McMinn who wasn't a very good team that year. We blew that lead and at the end Clark called a play that I can't even describe. It was designed to run out the clock by our offensive line tackleing their defensive players and holding them down while our ball carrier ran around running time off the clock. Ever here of that? So after the penalty we punted directly to their best player who returned it for a TD. End of game.... we lost. That was an embarressement of epic proportions to the entire city of Kingsport. Aftwards Clark claimed blame and was very somber in doing so. And thats what he should of done. I figured that was good enough. Every coach pulls a bonner sometime. I figured he learned a good lesson that night. NOT SO. After the Sevier Co. loss in the playoffs this year blowing a 28-0 lead late in the third quarter he blaimed the "Oak Ridge refs" and falure of the players to execute. Said he just needed to call "one more play". Now I know you know what has happened in the playoffs for the past 12 years as does the rest of the state. We are now forever branded as the team that CHOKES in the playoffs. Different players and teams every year....same coach. Who should take the blame????? I don't think theres another coach in the country, high school, college, or pro that has the wins in regular season and and dismal playoff record that Clark has. Countless conference championships, top five state ranking almost every year and several regular season #1 rankings. Can't get past the first or second rounds sometimes against 5-5 teams that arn't very good at all. To answer your last question, How do you ask the man if he does't think he is the problem? The same thing is going to happen next year. Maybe he'll do the right thing and resign. Its a shame we're going to wast another good team.

Do any of y'all know something POSITIVE to do for the program other than whining and argueing like a bunch of 10 year old GIRLS?

Yes.I've talked to many of the dads with upcoming kids{grade school} on how to to prepare their sons with a good home workout program.I've talked to several that had thought about not going to DB and have brought them back into the system.I can't control who coaches at DB,but will support whoever it is and do what I can in helping the program.I think many dads could have done a lot better job before their sons ever got to Dobyns-Bennett.I'm trying to help many now to atleast get their sons on a good pushup and situp type of workout program to prepare them for the big weights.