Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wasn't you giving Tom a hard time in Chat last night was it Riverdale(woman)06 ?? lol

I believe Tom questioned if it was Mrs. Riverdaleman. I know there are hard feeling in the Boro between Tom and Riverdaleman...lol. See Tom, all the more reasons to make the move to Maryville. I have a very good Realty Agent that would like to show you some property and then pay for your meal at the Milling House. If you come to Maryville, we would not care if you reported on the other schools in the county....so long as it is the week they play Maryville. :thumb:

I believe Tom questioned if it was Mrs. Riverdaleman. I know there are hard feeling in the Boro between Tom and Riverdaleman...lol. See Tom, all the more reasons to make the move to Maryville. I have a very good Realty Agent that would like to show you some property and then pay for your meal at the Milling House. If you come to Maryville, we would not care if you reported on the other schools in the county....so long as it is the week they play Maryville. :thumb:

Lol ... true , then maybe Tom could introduce the Daily times to the 2010's and beyond ... lol

That would be nice to have a weekly chat with a Knowledgeable Local Sportswriter during Football season ... Tom did mention looking at some Property , he would be very welcome here , lol :roflol:

That really blows my mind that they don't cover the Top Program in the state! WOW!

This is one reason I don't subscribe. I thought it would get better when the out of state ownership group sold the paper to the Greeneville Sun. They proceeded to lock most of the articles from (free) internet viewing.

MARYVILLE -- The sale of The Daily Times of Maryville and its related Websites to Blount County Publishers, LLC is final, having closed at midnight Sunday.

Blount County Publishers LLC is owned by the Greeneville-based John M. Jones family and is a sister company of Jones Media, Inc., parent company of The Greeneville Sun.

An agreement in principle for the sale to Blount County Publishers by Horvitz Newspapers, LLC was announced by the two companies on July 2.

The terms of the sale were not announced.

As the sale became final, Gregg K. Jones, president and chief executive officer of Jones Media Inc. and Blount County Publishers LLC, announced that Ralph C. Baldwin Jr. has been named interim publisher of The Daily Times.

Baldwin has been chief operating officer of Jones Media Inc. for a little more than two years, after having served as publisher of The Daily Post-Athenian in Athens for 20 years.

The Daily Post-Athenian's parent company is Jones Media, Inc.

Jones said that the process of selecting a publisher to head The Daily Times is under way, and that the company expects to have a publisher named in the next several weeks.

The Jones family, whose history in the newspaper publishing business in East Tennessee dates to 1916, is the owner of 14 community newspapers and nine travel/tourism guides published in East Tennessee and western North Carolina.

Greeneville Sun