Rankin going to Catholic?

falconvol

I don't think Alcoa really played at the top of their game after the injuries until Bledsoe County. The Team left it all on the field at the second CAK meeting.

As great as the Alcoa offensive play call was in the 1st QTR against CAK, it was as bad in the 2nd Half. The series of play call with the Alcoa Offense 1st-10 on the CAK 35, 4 minutes in the game, and up 28-24 was the worst I've seen. Toss sweep to the short side of the field 3 straight times and then a option to the same short side on 4th down.....really? After the CAK "D" was loading the box and keying to the short size?Talk about letting the Seniors and the Team down..............sad.

I don't think Alcoa really played at the top of their game after the injuries until Bledsoe County. The Team left it all on the field at the second CAK meeting.

As great as the Alcoa offensive play call was in the 1st QTR against CAK, it was as bad in the 2nd Half. The series of play call with the Alcoa Offense 1st-10 on the CAK 35, 4 minutes in the game, and up 28-24 was the worst I've seen. Toss sweep to the short side of the field 3 straight times and then a option to the same short side on 4th down.....really? After the CAK "D" was loading the box and keying to the short size?Talk about letting the Seniors and the Team down..............sad.

BC, unfortunately, I did not get to make it to the game, but I had a friend that went to this game with his son. After the game he called me and was talking about the game and he kept going back to this particular drive as being the drive that confused him, he said pretty much what you said about the play calls after marching straight down to the 35.

That's what some of the players came home saying today after school. From the dollars they were talking, it would be hard to walk away from that. If it's true, I can't blame the man. A person has to do what's best for his family. I just think the timing could have been a little better. The boys are still feeling quite a sting from Friday, and then to hear the coach is leaving...well, you can imagine how that drives the sting a little deeper.

Why would you leave Alcoa for catholic? Doesnt make much sense to me. You have a Dynasty at Alcoa and all the talent in the world , but o wait I want to go to catholic were they play in the toughest district in the state and never have a chance to win in that district there just not talented enough. Face it catholic cant compete with the big boys that has been proven, so Rankin if your that big of a fool to leave a team like Alcoa than go right ahead your digging your own grave

Why would you leave Alcoa for catholic? Doesnt make much sense to me. You have a Dynasty at Alcoa and all the talent in the world , but o wait I want to go to catholic were they play in the toughest district in the state and never have a chance to win in that district there just not talented enough. Face it catholic cant compete with the big boys that has been proven, so Rankin if your that big of a fool to leave a team like Alcoa than go right ahead your digging your own grave

Because Rankin can retire from public schooling and go into private school coaching and double dip his income. Basically pull twice the money. Plus, its not going to be easy for Alcoa from here on out. The days of Lindsey, Warren(s) and Tysons are behind us.