Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

Mobley, as HTV has said numerous times on these boards, will be a full academic qualifier. That can't be the issue. He had a slight (VERY MINOR) disciplinary hiccup at the end of last year, but has stayed out of trouble completely since then. I could see that having some negative impact on his recruitment, but the kid can still flat out play. I haven't seen Ridgeway in person, though, I did watch them play a little bit online before posting this. There is no way they have 3 guys of Mobley's caliber. Also, Mobley's YPC is remarkable. Without seeing stats on the HC guys, I'd have to think that Mobley is averaging more per carry than they are. That being the case, your argument clearly doesn't "obtain" haha. Like I said, the HC skill kids looke really, REALLY good. I just don't think they have anyone with the size speed combo of Mobley (34 looks to be bigger than Mobley and maybe a little stronger and 7 looks to be faster but not one kid with the same combo)

Mobley, as HTV has said numerous times on these boards, will be a full academic qualifier. That can't be the issue. He had a slight (VERY MINOR) disciplinary hiccup at the end of last year, but has stayed out of trouble completely since then. I could see that having some negative impact on his recruitment, but the kid can still flat out play. I haven't seen Ridgeway in person, though, I did watch them play a little bit online before posting this. There is no way they have 3 guys of Mobley's caliber. Also, Mobley's YPC is remarkable. Without seeing stats on the HC guys, I'd have to think that Mobley is averaging more per carry than they are. That being the case, your argument clearly doesn't "obtain" haha. Like I said, the HC skill kids looke really, REALLY good. I just don't think they have anyone with the size speed combo of Mobley (34 looks to be bigger than Mobley and maybe a little stronger and 7 looks to be faster but not one kid with the same combo)

powellpantherfan, All i have heard about is Mobley this and Mobley that. One man teams 99% of the time don't win championships. HC is a complete top to bottom, left to right who plays 11 guys together. Hc has more than just 1 weapon on the offensive side and defensve side of the ball. Mobley is the panther powell team. You can only ride a guy for so long till you meet a team that shuts the horse down. What does powell do when hc's defense shuts mobley down? It would be guess but i would have to say that mobley handles 90% or so of the carries given his outstanding season! Hc on the other hand has 2 backs and the qb that can run on you all night long. Hc's offense will wear down mobley when he plays defense and the wood will be laid to him while he plays offense. Look for HC to stop mobley and the panthers to looked stunned as HC hoists the gold and brings it back to west tn.

P.s.: If suggested the referee's may let powell play with 13 or 14 guys because they are going to need ever single one of them! RRR!!!!!

Reading on this thread about HC coming to support Milan reminded me to send out a call to all my Powell friends. All of us at CAK would love to have the Panther Nation get to Cookeville early enough to help make a little noise for my Warriors. I know many of us are planning on staying around to pull for the Panthers after our game. I know many of you Powell parents personally and I know one things for sure, you know how to make a lot of noise, ha, :D

Go Panthers and Go Warriors!!! Lets bring home the Gold. :thumb:

We are coming down early to watch CAK!!! :thumb:

GO WARRIORS & GO PANTHERS!!!

Oh and GO #18!!!

powellpantherfan, All i have heard about is Mobley this and Mobley that. One man teams 99% of the time don't win championships. HC is a complete top to bottom, left to right who plays 11 guys together. Hc has more than just 1 weapon on the offensive side and defensve side of the ball. Mobley is the panther powell team. You can only ride a guy for so long till you meet a team that shuts the horse down. What does powell do when hc's defense shuts mobley down? It would be guess but i would have to say that mobley handles 90% or so of the carries given his outstanding season! Hc on the other hand has 2 backs and the qb that can run on you all night long. Hc's offense will wear down mobley when he plays defense and the wood will be laid to him while he plays offense. Look for HC to stop mobley and the panthers to looked stunned as HC hoists the gold and brings it back to west tn.

P.s.: If suggested the referee's may let powell play with 13 or 14 guys because they are going to need ever single one of them! RRR!!!!!

I'm not sure why I'm trying to argue this point, but if you knew anything about Powell, you would know that like HC, Powell is a very deep team. Mobley is a key cog, but Dustin McPhetridge is equally important to this team. So are Darian Logan, Montario Washington, the Owenby brothers, and the entire Powell offensive line. I haven't even mentioned the defense.

Sound familiar? It should. That's the same formula that makes HC so potent. That's the beauty of a 2+ platoon system.

13 opponents have learned (AC twice) that you have to stop more than just Mobley to beat Powell. HC has taught that same lesson to everyone they've pounded this year, and even last year. I've seen a lot of one-man, even two-man, Powell teams in the past, and they couldn't even get beyond the second round of the playoffs. Why? Because they lacked depth, and they couldn't play defense. That's what makes this Powell team so much different than those I've seen in previous seasons. Are they good enough to win the whole thing? I guess we'll find out on Friday.

For the record, Mobley only plays about 40-50% of the time on defense, because he doesn't need to. The Panthers rotate 2-3 different sets of defensive linemen and 2 different sets of linebackers. Anyone who has seen this Powell team play knows that this is not a one man team.

Edited by osunut2

vols1234, Here to let you know that henry county is going to prove like they have all season and during the playoffs that they are the team to beat and are more hungry to win a state title than anybody. All season long and all during the playoffs, hc fans have heard about how soft our schedule was and how we havent played anybody good. We prove the critics wrong time and time again. Lets take in some numbers: henry county offense has scored 599 points to powell's 579. Hc's defense has given up 149 to powell's 172. Hc hasnt given up more than 17 points in a game (hendersonville beech, second game of season) vs powell giving up 26 points to a Lenoir City team that was (7-5) I have seen powell on film and they are a good team. Mobley will get his touches im sure but i will guarantee you that he will not get his usual 200 yards rushing. Hc's offensive line and defensive line will control the line of scrimmage all night long. Mobley along with the rest of the powell panthers better be ready for some smash mouth football cause HC will be bringing the wood all night long. Mobley better be ready to get rocked by our defense and may need an extra mouth piece and chip strap. believe this when i say it, HC will prevail in this game and bring home the gold.

Listen here buudy, East Tn football is on a whole different level than anywhere else in TN. Im not a powell fan but if you think mobley is gunna get rocked by your defense than you got another thing coming for you. Knox West was suppose to have a great defense and well , everybody saw what powell did to them. But you can keep talkin all you want ,bc come friday youll see what east tn football is all about. Get ready to play with the BIG BOYS

Listen here buudy, East Tn football is on a whole different level than anywhere else in TN. Im not a powell fan but if you think mobley is gunna get rocked by your defense than you got another thing coming for you. Knox West was suppose to have a great defense and well , everybody saw what powell did to them. But you can keep talkin all you want ,bc come friday youll see what east tn football is all about. Get ready to play with the BIG BOYS

Ahemmmm, yes you will find out come Friday who the Big Boys really are. Better find a new level to talk about...buddy.

Go Big RED!!!

I'm one HC fan that doesn't think Powell is a one man team. I'm not sure you can make it to the title game riding one horse. Mobley gets most of the press because of his stats. However, if Mobley is shut down then Powell will have a hard time winning. That is easier said than done and all the predictions by the message board messiahs won't have any impact on the game Friday.

This is probably one of the most uninformed posts I've seen in quite awhile.

All i am going to say is this the Powell defence will have there hands on there hipps trying to catch there breath by the end of the 2nd quarter. Our offence will wear them down I have watched it all year long. Half way through the 3rd we will take control of the game then the rout will be on HC42 Powell 14 The gold ball goes to west tn. Do YOU POWELL PEOPLE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?

All i am going to say is this the Powell defence will have there hands on there hipps trying to catch there breath by the end of the 2nd quarter. Our offence will wear them down I have watched it all year long. Half way through the 3rd we will take control of the game then the rout will be on HC42 Powell 14 The gold ball goes to west tn. Do YOU POWELL PEOPLE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?

Sounds familiar...