Henry County vs Powell

Shortstop15

I'm curious as well. hc was absolutely packed my two visits there.

I believe the rumor around the school was that they had over 100 students signed up to ride the charter buses and you got to count the some parents or adults riding the buses to the game as well. Henry County travels well to every game, and I see them coming to Cookeville very packed. It would be wild if us Henry Countians could fill up our whole side of the stadium! The stadium will be rocking all game long and hopefully with a win over Powell Cookeville will be rocking all night long!

GO BIG RED!

Anyone have stats for HC??

Mobley does have a bunch of yards, but really he doesnt carry the ball a lot. 2 games he had 20 or more carries in the regular season..Averaged 13.3 carries a game..and still managed that many touchdowns...Hes pretty dang good...but hes not the only player that powell has..they will have a few surprises for you

as for this game, i'm a gallatin fan so i'm an unbiased observer. i know nothing about powell, but from what i've seen of henry co. (last 2 games) they will be very hard to beat. this really is what its all about, though. two undefeated teams squaring off with a chance at the gold, makes me sad my teams not playing. other than mobley, what other threats does powell have? are they a good passing team?

From another Gallatin guy, Powell has a quarterback that has a 1000+ yards passing and rushing.

• Upvote 1

Anyone have stats for HC??

Mobley does have a bunch of yards, but really he doesnt carry the ball a lot. 2 games he had 20 or more carries in the regular season..Averaged 13.3 carries a game..and still managed that many touchdowns...Hes pretty dang good...but hes not the only player that powell has..they will have a few surprises for you

Here is a brief statistical overview with stat leaders from each school:

http://www.powellpanthersfootball.com/Blue_Cross_Bowl_Day_2.html

having calculated the scoring average of each Powell and HC's opponents these are my results

Powell averaged scoring 41 points a game while giving up 12

HC averaged 43 while giving up 11

Powell averaged scoring 17 more points than their opponents averaged giving up while givning up 10 less than their opponents averaged scoring

HC averaged scoring 16 points more than their opponents gave up, and gave up 18 points less than their opponents averaged scoring

With HC averaging 43 Powell giving up 10 less that is 33 points

With Powell giving up 12 and HC scoring 16 more that is 28 so

lets give HC 31

With Powell averaging 41 and HC giving up 18 less than averaged that is 23

With HC givng up 11 and Powell scoring 17 more that averaged that is 28

Powell get 26

Game Score HC 31 Powell 26 strictly a numbers prediction no biased opinions

In opponents averages I did not count the games against HC or Powell because I felt like that would not show a true difference in the average

WOW!!! Now if we could just convince Powell we already have this in the bag and the numbers show there is no reason to play this game out we could all save on gas money and just ship the trophy to HC. LOL Go Patriots

having calculated the scoring average of each Powell and HC's opponents these are my results

Powell averaged scoring 41 points a game while giving up 12

HC averaged 43 while giving up 11

Powell averaged scoring 17 more points than their opponents averaged giving up while givning up 10 less than their opponents averaged scoring

HC averaged scoring 16 points more than their opponents gave up, and gave up 18 points less than their opponents averaged scoring

With HC averaging 43 Powell giving up 10 less that is 33 points

With Powell giving up 12 and HC scoring 16 more that is 28 so

lets give HC 31

With Powell averaging 41 and HC giving up 18 less than averaged that is 23

With HC givng up 11 and Powell scoring 17 more that averaged that is 28

Powell get 26

Game Score HC 31 Powell 26 strictly a numbers prediction no biased opinions

In opponents averages I did not count the games against HC or Powell because I felt like that would not show a true difference in the average

Very nice website.

The statistical similarities between these two astonish me. If both play to their potential, this one will be remembered a long time.

Agreed.

Given the similarities, I think this game will be decided by the battle in the trenches. That has been our advantage all year, and our biggest strength. You don't put up the kind of numbers Powell did without some good play up front as well, so if they can counter it, this should be a classic.

Is it Friday yet?

GO PATRIOTS!!!

Powell getting to practice on the indoor field for UT ia awesome for them. Im sure thats something a lot of the guys will never forget. hopefully practicing there gets them a little used to the turf field that they will be playing on. This will probably be then best game of the championships...

This could be the best game of the season, playoffs included.