Wayne Co. vs South Pitt

wchs78

Huntingdon people thought that Rice couldn't pass and that he was out only play maker but they found out just like SP will find out that WC has more than just him! #10 and #19 get over looked and #42 and #4 really do a lot! People just don't realize how they set up the big plays by pickin up 3-4 yards a carry up the middle!!!

Your computer has been hiccuping this about 10 times. You are right though, this Pirate defense has average speed and average hitters. Nothing for Wayne to worry about too much.

I posted a little earlier and as I said I like Coach rice and Wayne Co. has a good football team but I saw both in person and unless South Pittsburg turns it over 2-3 times they will win this one. Wayne Co. does not have the Speed of South Pitt. #2 Johnson has a different gear than most single A players. The only kids I have seen this year with close to his burst are the #4 Lewis kid from Union City and the #10 Boyd Kid from Lake County. I know there are others but the only 2 I have witnessed in person. #6 Lankford is fast as well and a good all-around back who is physical and finishes runs. The Pirates have always been fast but what sets this team apart from last year's team and the team in 2009 that lost to UC is the size up front. They have the biggest line in Single A. #73 Roberson is on a different level. I watched him take a Mr. football linemand(#53) from g'ville and manhandle him all night. For the record #53 was a GREAT player and made alot of plays just not when he had to match up with Roberson. The thing I think may hurt South Pitt is if Chubb is not 100%. He is their only true deep threat at WR and if he can't run by the WC defense they can sit on the short stuff. Also the Pirate secondary looked vulnerable friday vs G'ville. The Tigers #18 dropped 2 wide open passes 1 that most likely would have been a TD on the wheel route.On the other side Wayne Co. is a very physical well coached team. Rice does a good job with those guys. They must be able to execute very well to stay in the game though. See UC game plan 2009! South Pitt. has more size and speed but Wayne Co. will fight and scrap to the end. For a prediction,I expect the game to be close early but South Pitt to pull away late 35-20 Sp wins.

hey plankwalker are you any kin to Luke skywalker?

CB thats funny. Everyone knows that he is not a real person. Also, I hear there is another Blevins boy coming along that will hit you real hard. Does that Blevins family get together in that little town of new hope and plan these things out? Seems like there is always one there on that defense that will hit you real hard.

It was called smashmouth football...running right at you and if you don't remember. Your team came in like all they had to do was show up. Yep..show up and get your Silver ball. No, we aren't there this year but i can pull for a team and know about yours. Wayne County is the real deal. In 2009, we beat Wayne County to play South Pitt. Wayne County could have beaten you that year also. Wayne County can throw...throw...and run...and run. so be ready Black and Orange, Wayne County will be ready to play.

I assure we would like to see you one hit, international exchange student kicker jokers show back up in Cookeville when we are. The irony is, it too Onion City's A game and some breaks and it still came down to that field goal. You turkeys have a average day against the Pirates and you would never be able to get back in it with the Veer.

Huntingdon people thought that Rice couldn't pass and that he was out only play maker but they found out just like SP will find out that WC has more than just him! #10 and #19 get over looked and #42 and #4 really do a lot! People just don't realize how they set up the big plays by pickin up 3-4 yards a carry up the middle!!!

wildcat, who is the blue and white team in the highlight film?

What I saw that day was a team with average athletes physically dominate the line of scrimmage against a team that had superior athletes. There was no reason SP should of lost that game. UC threw one pass and that was intercepted.

All I know is the VEER can neutralize the talent gap and let less talented players stay on the field and compete.

Why name call? Are you still in disbelief that a team led by Terrell Robinson could lose to a bunch of hard nosed high school players.

I agree we got out coached and out played that day. My point was is that you and others like to make it sound like we got blown out that day. The goober reference was due to your arrogance at times in conjunction with your screen name. Maybe I should change mine to Jack Youngblood.

Edit: BTW, this isn't the 2009 team and it isn't the 2010 team. It certainly isn't the 2007 team. A bit of trivia, SP has only been blown out in 1 of the 9 state title games they have played in and that was by Brentwood Academy.

Edited by rlh

I am not a UC fan, I just remember that game and SP's inability to stop the run.

There was also the missed FG early that to be honest would have been better off to have gone for it and took a chance to either convert or score or turn it over on downs since we are 1/2 in the past 13 years kicking. Plus, that drive stopping unforced fumble was major. The point is we cold have won that game in spite of the veer. Its not like we were blown out and actually were up 29-28 with a few seconds on the clock.

Hey Wayne County, how is your field goal kicker...can he hit from 35 or closer. S P won't have no field goal kicker I don't think. They didn't think they would ever need one. Also, they remember a number ...hummmm...#27 from Union City who set a all time state record in all 6 classifications on times of rushing at ( 47 ). Basically running the ball right down their throats. Union City had two other touchdowns called back also. Just go up there...don't worry about their little pregame show they do...if they still do so and take care of business. Play your game til the end...it will work. Don't get me wrong, South Pitt is very good but so is Wayne County. This should be a really good game. Good luck to you Wayne County.

That is a pretty good assessment given they have not even tried a P.A.T. kick since week 3 or 4. They decided to break up the 37 game streak of missing at least 1 P.A.T. per game.

Edited by rlh