Milan VS CAK

Slim88

RECRUITING + OPEN ZONES + PRIVATE = GOLD BALLS. THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE IN THE EAST AND I'LL NEVER STOP BELIEVING WHAT IS AS PLAIN AS THE NOSE ON YOUR ARROGANT FACES. ALL THAT GOLD IS BOUGHT AND PAID FOR. MARYVILLE, GREENVILLE, ALCOA AND CAK. HOPE YA'LL ENJOY YOUR ** ASTERISK** GOLD BALLS. MONEY TALKS, BULLCRAP WALKS. :twisted:

Please stop this; stop embarassing yourself. thw good fans of Milan (and and there are many) and West Tennesseans. Please just zip it and take your lumps until next season. Of course you'll "never stop believing" what you see as plain but others don't. No one doubts that of you. But, who else on this board gives a flip what you think? High school teams can't defense excellent passing attacks, and Milan certainly didn't. Milan has a fine football tradition, no thanks to people like you.

Oh, and by the way, didn't Milan have to forfeit a few games just a couple of years ago? Of course, that wasn't Milan's fault either.

Edited by Augielio

Charlie High is the truth. Best high school quarterback/offensive system I've seen in 10 years of going to the State Championships. CAK defense is average but the offense is ridiculous. I don't even think Henry Co. would stop them, much less Maryville.

I would venture out in saying that Alcoa, CAK are the best teams in Tennessee.

I still think CAK and Alcoa right now could beat anyone in this state.

Now I can give credit where credit is due, but c'mon man! You obviously were making a joke. CAK is a very, VERY good team but by no means on the level of Maryville or Henry County. Henry County's running game would destroy your "little" defensive line and score at will. They scored easier on Milan than you did and never had to pass the ball. Maryville would do the same. 5A and 6A state championship teams are another beast this year. I would also say Powell would beat the CAK team. You aren't gonna throw all over the field on the defenses of these teams cause the defensive lines overpower your "little" offensive linemen. Did you not see the sheer size and speed of these programs lines? I am by no means trying to insult the CAK program, but they are beatable. Did they not lose 2 games this year to a 3-7 LaVergne and 10-0 Grace Christian? If they can't beat one of the worst upper class teams, how do you expect them to hang with the elite? Don't puff up your chest too much just yet. Gotta go undefeated to make these statements.

Please stop this; stop embarassing yourself. thw good fans of Milan (and and there are many) and West Tennesseans. Please just zip it and take your lumps until next season. Of course you'll "never stop believing" what you see as plain but others don't. No one doubts that of you. But, who else on this board gives a flip what you think? High school teams can't defense excellent passing attacks, and Milan certainly didn't. Milan has a fine football tradition, no thanks to people like you.

Oh, and by the way, didn't Milan have to forfeit a few games just a couple of years ago? Of course, that wasn't Milan's fault either.

i was done with this til you showed up. football dad kinda put things in perspective for me. i'd say alot of people on this board give a flip what i think, otherwise they wouldn't have responded to anything i said. so come on with some of those NOTRE DUMB shortstories you tend to write on here and i'll spar with you a while. :blink:

Thanks Blaster, sorry we didn't bump into each other and thanks for asking about my son. (broke ankle, but that will heal) In some small way I hope that victory helped lift some spirits in Polk Co. Good luck next year and I hope we get to see you guys again.

I hope he has a fast recovery. I was puling for you guys and when I seen him get hurt I felt so bad for him. But I think it did in a way. I believe we at Polk have to work on the pass game to get there. Don't get me wrong I love how we play that smash mouth football. I was excited to see you guys come home with the gold ball. Nothing but respect from Polk. Once again tell your son he is one heck of a ball player and the CAK players they play with class and Pride. Congrats once again.

oh yeah. those forfieted games weren't milan's fault. they were the kids family fault for not telling coach morris that even though they rented a house in milan they still owned a house in jackson and coach marley from usj sold that to tssaa. that's why when the coleman kid moved to milan all the i's were dotted and t's were crossed before he even stepped on the practice field.another example of how powerful the private's are. not just on the field but with persuasion also. :thumb:

Reitzfan, you've been around for some time. You think Huntingdon would have stopped CAK? lol. you've lost your mind. Milan overachieved, Yeah, I said it, down year. Milans been blowing Huntingdon out the past 5 years until this year. Charlie High would throw for 1,000 on you.

Charlie High is the truth. Best high school quarterback/offensive system I've seen in 10 years of going to the State Championships. CAK defense is average but the offense is ridiculous. I don't even think Henry Co. would stop them, much less Maryville. Milan needed turnovers. There was no way they were going to stop CAK, Milan just was outmatched on the OL of CAK and the WR..the WR had 4 inches and faster than Milans DB's. Milan should have caught the kickoff, instead of dropping it. After the pick, they should have ran #29 into the zone to cut the lead. Milan is a run first team and should have taken advantage of that. Arkel Coleman had his way at tailback. I probably would have just taken him out at MLB and left him to tailback duties because Milan was bringing 7 on the blitz and couldnt get to High, even though they missed sacks by not wrapping up.

Lets face it..Milan keeps making the state championship game because they have a grip on West Tenn..but im not sure they can keep compete with possibly the best teams in the state in that division of 3A. I would venture out in saying that Alcoa, CAK are the best teams in Tennessee.

If CPA's qb had stayed in the game, Milan wouldn't have made it to state. That's a pretty true statement.

As I said earlier this is probably the 6th or 7th best team in the last 10 years, potential and size wise. Milan overachieved this season. However, I would have liked to see Milan just do what they do instead of trying to throw the ball in the redzone and kill themselves with penalties.

Congrats to CAK on a fine season. Anybody that can beat Alcoa twice should have known CAK was destined to win it all.

One thing you can say, is that Milan stays consistent. They play with what they have and have been doing it a long time.

One good thing to say is that #29 Arkel Coleman and #3 Finch will be back next season, along with the QB. With about 15 more pounds on Coleman and some height on Finch, I don't think anybody will be able to touch them in the West next season. What is scary is that CAK was young too. With High coming back, you would have to think that they are picked again to win it.

The only chance Milan had to win it was to keep the ball, and chew the clock with the power runing game. They strayed away from it and shot themseleves in the foot early with the botched Kickoff, and the INT in the redzone. Hard to come back from being down like that to the offense of CAK. I think most people would agree that Milan should have stuck to the running game and worry about trying to match scores instead of trying to stop High.

Reitzfan, one more time..dude you are a joke. Nobody really cares about Huntingdon. You got burnt on a one man route down the middle of the field ,Double Coverage,on your home field with a mintue left in the game. All you had was Warbritton. Now that hes gone, Milans about to start hanging 50 on you and shoving it right down Swensons throat again.

Again, Congrats to CAK. I still think CAK and Alcoa right now could beat anyone in this state. I feel unlucky that Milan is 3A having to deal with that two headed beast on the east side of the state.

I look for Milan to be back next year with more size and EXP. #29 should be the real deal next season, along with #3 finch.

Was #16 for CAK a Sr.?

Please show me where I have been singing the praises of Huntingdon. I think you have me confused with another poster. Otherwise, I agree with the balance of your post. I will accept your apology now.

Edited by ReitzFan

Now I can give credit where credit is due, but c'mon man! You obviously were making a joke. CAK is a very, VERY good team but by no means on the level of Maryville or Henry County. Henry County's running game would destroy your "little" defensive line and score at will. They scored easier on Milan than you did and never had to pass the ball. Maryville would do the same. 5A and 6A state championship teams are another beast this year. I would also say Powell would beat the CAK team. You aren't gonna throw all over the field on the defenses of these teams cause the defensive lines overpower your "little" offensive linemen. Did you not see the sheer size and speed of these programs lines? I am by no means trying to insult the CAK program, but they are beatable. Did they not lose 2 games this year to a 3-7 LaVergne and 10-0 Grace Christian? If they can't beat one of the worst upper class teams, how do you expect them to hang with the elite? Don't puff up your chest too much just yet. Gotta go undefeated to make these statements.

First of all, I don't think Matt is a CAK fan, so you're probably out of line to refer to CAK as "his" ("your") team. Second, you might very well be right that Maryville and/or Henry County could beat CAK, but I doubt it would be a cakewalk as you imply. Third, if you think CAK's offensive line is "little," you must not have watched the game (my son is one of them, and you should see my grocery bill). Also, keep in mind that line played for almost 500 pass attempts this year and only gave up a handful of sacks all year. They also played well enough to rush for over 200 yards against Alcoa in the mud-pit game in week 10.

As for the CAK losses to Grace and Lavergne, I will not offer excuses but rather explanations. Grace was a VERY good team this year and would likely have won 2A if not for being on probation; Grace beat CAK by one point early in the year (before CAK made some defensive personnel changes) in a game in which CAK's kicker was 1/4 in PATs.

The Lavergne game is a different story. CAK was up 14-0 early in the first quarter and was about to score again when Lavergne made an INT in the endzone. About that same time, CAK's most dangerous WR left the game with a high ankle sprain. The team seemed to fall apart for a couple of quarters, with 6 turnovers. CAK rallied late and forced overtime. Lavergne won in OT by going for 2 after its TD and making it. As it turned out, I believe it actually helped CAK to lose to Lavergne--Lavergne had a lot of team speed, so that prepared CAK for a playoff run. Also, after losing in such an ugly fashion to a 6A team that it probably should have beaten, CAK was angry and hungry when Alcoa came to CAK for the final regular season game the following week.

Finally, it's always difficult to compare teams that are 3 classifications apart like CAK and Maryville. Maryville has about 140 kids playing football (obviously they don't all dress out for varsity games--Maryville brought 3 chartered buses to a 7 on 7 against CAK before the season, which was pretty much a draw). On a good day, CAK has 48-50 players, including freshmen. However, I saw both Maryville and CAK play on multiple occasions this year; I'm not sure CAK could beat Maryville's 2011 team. It would certainly be a BIG challenge, but I do believe CAK could give them a good game in spite of the size differences of the schools.

Now, feel free to call me crazy, just try to be respectful and gentle when you do so (you might have noticed some on here can't disagree with someone without getting personal).

oh yeah. those forfieted games weren't milan's fault. they were the kids family fault for not telling coach morris that even though they rented a house in milan they still owned a house in jackson and coach marley from usj sold that to tssaa. that's why when the coleman kid moved to milan all the i's were dotted and t's were crossed before he even stepped on the practice field.another example of how powerful the private's are. not just on the field but with persuasion also. :thumb:

I wonder why we had to forfeit those games?!?!? Oh that's right....we're not an open zone school! Silly me....those Alcoa fans almost had me convinced otherwise! :thumb::roflol:

As for the CAK losses to Grace and Lavergne, I will not offer excuses but rather explanations.

Be careful with those explinations...as Milan fans have been told, just admit you were beaten by the better more talented team. :thumb:

I wonder why we had to forfeit those games?!?!? Oh that's right....we're not an open zone school! Silly me....those Alcoa fans almost had me convinced otherwise! :thumb::roflol:

Be careful with those explinations...as Milan fans have been told, just admit you were beaten by the better more talented team. :thumb:

Oh, I know very well--from a youth spent playing on several losing teams (for which I had no excuse like my opponents were "open zone" or "private"--simply that some of my teams were BAD) how to lose as graciously as win. I will gladly say, as I have written on here on other threads, that Grace earned its win over CAK and so did Lavergne. My comments about those games were, as you probably know if you read my post honestly, simply to put in context someone else's opinion that Maryville would easily beat CAK in a hypothetical matchup because CAK had lost a couple of season games.

The poster that you're taking up for, thedawg, earned every bit of scorn he has received on this site. There's a big, and obvious difference between whining/being a sore loser and honestly assessing a game after the fact. Please don't nit-pick my post and try to lump me in the same category with him. Thanks.

Edited by Warriors2011

Oh, I know very well--from a youth spent playing on several losing teams (for which I had no excuse like my opponents were "open zone" or "private"--simply that some of my teams were BAD) how to lose as graciously as win. I will gladly say, as I have written on here on other threads, that Grace earned its win over CAK and so did Lavergne. My comments about those games were, as you probably know if you read my post honestly, simply to put in context someone else's opinion that Maryville would easily beat CAK in a hypothetical matchup because CAK had lost a couple of season games.

The poster that you're taking up for, thedawg, earned every bit of scorn he has received on this site. There's a big, and obvious difference between whining/being a sore loser and honestly assessing a game after the fact. Please don't nit-pick my post and try to lump me in the same category with him. Thanks.

Actually, I wasn't taking up for anyone. My comment towards your post was based on the criticisms I received from numerous posters (not necessarily CAK fans) after my analysis of Milan's performance Friday. Don't reckon I lumped you into any category, I was just making a generalized statement....but guess since I'm a Milan fan, we're not allowed our open honest opinions without being criticized and called sore losers. Everyone else can...just not us Milan faithful......

As an avid Milan Bulldawg supporter, I thought I would get on here and post some of my thoughts on what I saw this past weekend. I just returned home from watching all the games this weekend and read all of the posts before I attempted to say anything. First, let me say I graduated Milan in '99 and played football in Milan. I know what it is like to have a championship caliber football team. Also, I have seen or played in every Milan football game but 3 since 1995 and am very familiar with Coach Morris and this program.

First, and foremost, hats off to CAK. You have an amazing team and the best passing game I have ever seen. Milan has never played a passing team as proficient as the one we saw this past Friday. I am not going to make any excuses. We were methodically picked apart by a better team, plain and simple. I know some Milan fans have gotten on here and tried to offer up the open zone/private school recruiting debate as an excuse. I am not going to defend or support that, because I have not seen any facts to support it. What I will say is that the ultimate goal is to win a state championship. We have to beat who is in front of us to win a state championship.

Milan's team is built to stop the run. If you go back and look at the games we played this year, we were very proficient most of the time in doing so. Yes, we had some issues in the secondary at times, but at times they played very well and had a lot of picks and returned them for touchdowns. Nevertheless, this is a weak spot on our team. I feel that we are better equipped to stop the run and just don't see an offense like CAK's enough to get the needed experience. Having said that, there is no excuse for giving up almost 500 yards passing. Again, hats off to CAK and what you guys accomplished. However, coach Morris and the bulldawgs need to do some serious soul searching and get ready for next year. We have the potential to definitely see these guys again next year. We have too much talent on this team to settle for the performance we but on the field Friday.

Finally, I have heard many people state that the caliber of football team is much higher in East Tenn than it is in the West in regards to 3A football. This may very well be so. Bottom line again is that we have to play who is put in front of us. We must do the work and prepare for the teams that we will see next year and improve to close the gap on teams the caliber as CAK Seasons over, hit the weights, get ready for next year. We cannot except what happened on the field.