Open zones, Privates, and Public Schools

Govolsknox

Take your high school aged student and $500 and see if it is SIMPLE AS THAT! :roflolk:

Not a chance! Due to over-crowding starting in 2008, OZ students have to be accepted

from the Middle school with a very high academic and disciplinary record. Now,that the middle school is at capacity, acceptance only comes through the Elementary school. Plus,there is a 2 year wait to get a OZ into Elementary school.

ALL new players to the Alcoa Football team this season took a 37701 zip in get in. Even the future QB that lives in Blount County have to MOVE to Alcoa. FACT! :thumb:

Im searching Pre-K now for some stud players!! :roflol:

Wasn't whining and your post isn't even relevant to the subject at hand. CPA's success, as a 347 student school in a district with schools over 1,000 and a division with schools over 700, isn't due to recruiting or violating the rules - it is due to a dedication to success, hard work by the kids, and a tradition that stands for excellence. Some places have these things,both public and private, other don't. CPA has success because they accept the situation they are in, and work to make the best of it. Win or lose, that commitment is what prepares kids to face the challenges of life after high school.

You may have followed CPA athletics for 20 years, but you are nieve if you don't think their success is not somewhat due to recruiting. Craig Bradshaw just doesn't all of the sudden up and leave Greenbrier....a place he has lived his entire life, to move over to CPA for the great "CPA experience".

Jalen Lindsey (top 50 prospect), Allsmiller (dad made the asst. coach), Vic Wharton (dad made asst. coach), and Thomas Richard all don't just magically show up at CPA to compete in athletics.

I'm not against CPA's accomplishments, but seriously quit with the "we don't recruit" when anyone who is in the know knows exactly what Drew and Co. do.

You may have followed CPA athletics for 20 years, but you are nieve if you don't think their success is not somewhat due to recruiting. Craig Bradshaw just doesn't all of the sudden up and leave Greenbrier....a place he has lived his entire life, to move over to CPA for the great "CPA experience".

Jalen Lindsey (top 50 prospect), Allsmiller (dad made the asst. coach), Vic Wharton (dad made asst. coach), and Thomas Richard all don't just magically show up at CPA to compete in athletics.

I'm not against CPA's accomplishments, but seriously quit with the "we don't recruit" when anyone who is in the know knows exactly what Drew and Co. do.

I am not naive (spellcheck), but you are if you think private schools do not have to do all they can do to attract students, whether they are athletes or not. Otherwise, why would any parent spend thousands of dollars to buy the private school product versus free public education? Have you ever seen a public school running newspaper or magazine ads or holding open house tours to sell their product? Private schools have to attract (recruit) parents and students (sell their product) or they go out of business. They have to have attractive academics, fine arts, programs, athletics, values, etc. that justify the tuition fees or they do not attract any customers (parents). What would you have them to do? Have an average programs, sit back, and just hope parents and kids are stupid enough to pay extra for that? CPA has an attractive basketball program and a good coach. People know it and it attracts good players.

ah yes, the ole "everybodies doing it" defense. :roflol:

i love our little talks, babs. :wub:

no that's the "just doing what everybody else is doing but smart enough to do it out in the open" defense. Truth is, every school system in the state is open zone if you know how to work it...and trust me there are plenty who do and not surprisingly the ones who are best at it have outstanding athletics. For every kid ruled ineligible by TSSAA every year there are probably 10 who scam the system. If these schools weren't succeeding, yall wouldn't give a fat hairy rat's behind whether they were open-zoned or not. I haven't heard one of you complain about Sevier County Schools and they have always been open zoned...no tuition required. Do you assign a multiplier to them? SCHS is already 6A.

easy solution.....if anyone has to pay tuition to go to a school (public or private..even if it's 50 bucks like Maryville or Alcoa).....put them in the league with the privates..let them battle it out....schools that play with what gets off the yellow bus..let them play for the true state championship like it used to be...

no that's the "just doing what everybody else is doing but smart enough to do it out in the open" defense. Truth is, every school system in the state is open zone if you know how to work it...and trust me there are plenty who do and not surprisingly the ones who are best at it have outstanding athletics. For every kid ruled ineligible by TSSAA every year there are probably 10 who scam the system. If these schools weren't succeeding, yall wouldn't give a fat hairy rat's behind whether they were open-zoned or not. I haven't heard one of you complain about Sevier County Schools and they have always been open zoned...no tuition required. Do you assign a multiplier to them? SCHS is already 6A.

great lesson for the kids out there, barb, "if you're gonna cheat the system, be the best at cheating the system." how mafioso!

while we are playing the "if" game, i'd bet if you supported a school that did things by the book you wouldn't be so vehement in defending what you know is a flawed argument. thumb[1].gif

and yes, you most certainly used the ole "everybody's doing it" defense, no matter how much you whitewash it. roflolk.gif

Edited by snoball5278

great lesson for the kids out there, barb, "if you're gonna cheat the system, be the best at cheating the system." how mafioso!

while we are playing the "if" game, i'd bet if you supported a school that did things by the book you wouldn't be so vehement in defending what you know is a flawed argument. thumb[1].gif

and yes, you most certainly used the ole "everybody's doing it" defense, no matter how much you whitewash it. roflolk.gif

I do support a school that does things by the book.Maybe you need to read the book.