Can Maryville Win It Again?

GovMan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think Maryville fans? I know the Rebels bring back tons of talent, but they also lose a whole lot of key leaders. What do you expect next year?

Never too early to start thinking about next year Gov Man.

Barring something unforeseen,I think MHS has to be on a very short list of bona fide contenders for the 6A title next year. You are correct about losing key players and leaders, though. However, Maryville always seems to reload so I wouldn't bet against them.

I do think it is unfortunate that sometimes the incredible accomplishments of each individual team during this dynasty gets a little lost because of the tendency to view the overall accomplishments of the "program". Every year and every game starts out 0-0. One of my favorite sayings from my first employer after I graduated from college, who is now deceased, was that "Yesterday's home runs won't win today's ball game". The 2011 team didn't win the state title because the 1998 team or any other championship team did. The same will go for the 2012 team. But the 2012 team will have a leg up on the field because they will have a coaching staff that has a proven track record of teaching the principles that are required to play championship level football.

Edited by Norman Dale

What do you think Maryville fans? I know the Rebels bring back tons of talent, but they also lose a whole lot of key leaders. What do you expect next year?

After watching Maryville play twice now, I have to say that Riverdale may have something to say about that next year. If Riverdale would have had Woodruff at QB I think that outcome would have been much different. They are returning almost all there starting lineup next year and cant help but feel they will be highly motivated..

After watching Maryville play twice now, I have to say that Riverdale may have something to say about that next year. If Riverdale would have had Woodruff at QB I think that outcome would have been much different. They are returning almost all there starting lineup next year and cant help but feel they will be highly motivated..

No, it wouldn't have.

:roflol:

We've got a game coming up against Cleveland, and no idea who's coaching them or what they run or who's under center after Voytik's gone. I don't like to look much beyond the next one! One game at a time... I will say that I think Maryville can compete with anyone they'll play.

What do you think we're going to look like next year? We're certainly going have a different look on both sides of the ball.

We've got a game coming up against Cleveland, and no idea who's coaching them or what they run or who's under center after Voytik's gone. I don't like to look much beyond the next one! One game at a time... I will say that I think Maryville can compete with anyone they'll play.

What do you think we're going to look like next year? We're certainly going have a different look on both sides of the ball.

I think replacing Patton will be the huge task. David loses a "ton" of really, really good linemen but he has a way of reloading the o line every year. Running game will be top notch. Lose some senior receivers, but the Carrol kid and Winders + a few others will step up there.

Defensively, I know it will be hard to replace that secondary ... not sure about how many lb's graduate or d line.

Watched the freshmen team play several games, they were loaded. Still think replacing Robinette is the most daunting task. What do you all think? Garrett? Myers? Edmiston? young Vaught?

I know they are going to go to work and set that as their goal. My Sophomore said there were tons of WB students in the student section at the championship game. She also said they were cheering for the Rebels! :rolleyes:

I talked to quite a few WB students that said they were making the trip. I know they like to talk a big game when they are playing each other, but when it come right down to it most of the kids have known and grown up together their entire lives. I love to see the support between the schools.