New Marion County Head Football Coach

ElderMtnWarrior

volsbbfan, just a correction that would be Crockett Co. not Lake Co. that Mac was at for a brief time. Good luck to the Warriors, Coach Mac is a great guy and very good football coach he will do a good job in Jasper. Coach Ziegler made a good hire in my opinion.

It is a good hire, will faint if they run wing-t. If they do SP will own you. In a way I wish I were at Whitwell next year, it would be fun. However Whitwell is probably more interested in prom. Happy where I am at, but it would be fun. Good luck to all.

If he has and this Childress man finds out, I garuntee you they will have to vacate some wins. This Childress man will not let these boys do anything for three weeks. Grider can not even let our boys lift weights until Dec 23. This Childress man is not playing about this mess. He made those Signal boys and those Perry County boys vacate wins for not following his rules and I garuntee you he will make this McCurry man vacate wins if he catches him having practice right now. You think im joking but im not.

Roy I hate to type it but you need to worry about the ones not sending in their stuff for that $10 football book and leave when Marion County High School can start weightlifting to football coach. That Childress man does not have to worry about MCHS being on the level.

Guest Purplepastry

It is a good hire, will faint if they run wing-t. If they do SP will own you. In a way I wish I were at Whitwell next year, it would be fun. However Whitwell is probably more interested in prom. Happy where I am at, but it would be fun. Good luck to all.

Wrong. The wing-t is a nightmare for a team that is soft up front like SP. There are a lot of teams that say they are running the wing-t and use the formation but they are not dedicated to running it proper. Done right wing-t is a tough nut. McCurry runs it right, pound it till it bleads.

Guest Purplepastry

By design the true wingt isn't a pounding offense. The wingt is really designed for smaller, quicker offensive linemen. I'm not saying you can't pound out of it, but in reality it is about misdirection.

That is not exactly true. This misconception is why it is run wrong all the time. The veer is a misdirection offense. The Wing-t is about getting overwhelming numbers to the point of attack. They key to the wing-t is getting the defense to overplay and then switch the point of attack with a different play, a coaching decision. It is more of set up offense than a misdirection offense. The key to a misdirection offense like the veer and the option is the quarterback read. Basically the the wing-t depends on the coach sticking to the game plan, setting up the other team, and calling the right plays at the right time, where the veer and option depend on the quarterback making the right read.