2012 So. Pittsburg Pirates

OLD PIRATE

Teamwork

I notice you left out the state record pass play where your db got his butt wipped as well as the chump call be the official following it. At least you replayed the lucky catch at 2:18 showing it looked like he trapped it. It was still a game going into the 4th Qtr but your 1 sided highlights make it appear as a blow out. The SP melt down at the 1st and goal in the second half was the difference in the game.

Over the last few years Ive seen it, fans have seen it, opponents have seen it as well as talk about it, coaches have been heard saying it and film shows it.....Its not a opinion that at times SP has struggled with team Unity game in and out and sometimes are their own worst enemy last few years...Hopefully this years Sr's and Jr's put in the work and make a run

That wasn't necessarily the part I contrasted the definition of opinion vs. fact. However, if you look back at the 1998 team and 2008, 2009, 1011 teams and make that assessment, it is still an opinion. Everyone assumes GV is the team to beat this year and they should be given the number coming back as well as number of seniors. However, it is of my opinion that they have had discipline problems at the player and coaching level going back to the 2007 season. Team unity maybe be an issue for us, but discipline is also an issue for them. In fact, there were a bunch of naysayers against us in the semi-final game. The difference was the defense kept the bad snap qb fumble exchange in the gun from killing us like it did in the Title game. That bad exchange happened several times in big games. It isn't like it was a bad center or bad QB. Sometimes, your best just isn't good enough on a particular day. The Coaching staff is in fact, part of the team. The buck stops with the head coach.

Edited by rlh

I notice you left out the state record pass play where your db got his butt wipped as well as the chump call be the official following it. At least you replayed the lucky catch at 2:18 showing it looked like he trapped it. It was still a game going into the 4th Qtr but your 1 sided highlights make it appear as a blow out. The SP melt down at the 1st and goal in the second half was the difference in the game.

That's why the description says "Wayne County highlights". It is what it is. If it'll make you feel better, I can throw some SP highlights together real quick. Shouldn't take long.

Edited by wildcatpride70

That's why the description says "Wayne County highlights". It is what it is. If it'll make you feel better, I can throw some SP highlights together real quick. Shouldn't take long.

No need for that WcPride Yall won the champioship. That says it all. Congrats.

This isn't a Wayne County thread. The entire game is online somewhere.

No need for that WcPride Yall won the champioship. That says it all. Congrats.

That wasn't the point I was making. He jumped on the bandwagon griping about the 2011 Pirates.

Edited by rlh

Old Pirate ain't sure but as for seniors that started at some point during the season Jones DL, Hale LB, Collier OL, Stone QB & Johnson @ RB is all this skillet head can remember. Sure ole Roy would know for sure since he carries that Murphy book all the time.This looks like a rebuilding year for the Pirates.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate ain't sure but as for seniors that started at some point during the season Jones DL, Hale LB, Collier OL, Stone QB & Johnson @ RB is all this skillet head can remember. Sure ole Roy would know for sure since he carries that Murphy book all the time.This looks like a rebuilding year for the Pirates.

There is a few more. Lankford for one. There should be some guys that got playing time when some guys were injured.

I was simply showing Mr. Tracks what teamwork can accomplish. No cheap shots. 2011 SP was an excellent team. I think WC caught them by surprise.

I'm sure someone has already said, but I don't feel like digging around. How many seniors does SP return? Starters?

If you had the secrete to the universe of football, why did it take you all 42 years to get that gold ball?:roflol: As far as returning starters go, I think a couple of them were in the highlights you showed, the ones showing Rice getting ran down. Basically the whole backfield will be back. The line is decimated by graduations with 1 OL returning as well as the receiving corp graduated.

If you had the secrete to the universe of football, why did it take you all 42 years to get that gold ball?:roflol: As far as returning starters go, I think a couple of them were in the highlights you showed, the ones showing Rice getting ran down. Basically the whole backfield will be back. The line is decimated by graduations with 1 OL returning as well as the receiving corp graduated.

My secretions have nothing to do with football.

• Upvote 1