2012 So. Pittsburg Pirates

OLD PIRATE

Not even Cody Walker when he was a Freshman?

Well Walker was fast as a Freshman yes but no he wasn't as fast as Johnson as a Jr and def not as a Sr. Walker as a Freshman and Lankford as a Soph were close in speed...Comparing this Freshman to Cody Walker is not fair to the new kid..If he is 1/2 of a Cody Walker as a Freshman then he has a bright bright future in Orange and Black...Speed though no I'm not buying he is even faster than Lankford. Johnson from what I was told is in low 4.5 to high 4.4 range. Now I will say this Walker was not just pure speed but if I remember correctly and from I was told did run a high 4.6 low 4.7 when timed...That kid though was side to side and straight away running over people stayed same speed. SP doesn't have a back like that. Lankford can be at times when he wants but Walker was as a Freshman a different animal and likely the best Freshman to ever play at SP...Sad he lost his way or he could be playing on Sundays. I think he was as a Freshman RB comparable to Eddie Moore as a Jr.

Edited by TrainTracks99

You are right Mr Train. Cody Walker was unbelievable as a freshman. Too bad he quit school when he did. As for a new freshmen on the team. I doubt he could outrun Lankford, much less Johnson. Those two have two different speeds. Lankford has average speed for a 1A running back. Johnson is above average for 1A.

What ever happend to Cody Walker? I remember him playing that 1 year when we had 2 good games against you guys, then he disappeared.

He never played for SP after his Freshman year.

Edited by rlh

Well Walker was fast as a Freshman yes but no he wasn't as fast as Johnson as a Jr and def not as a Sr. Walker as a Freshman and Lankford as a Soph were close in speed...Comparing this Freshman to Cody Walker is not fair to the new kid..If he is 1/2 of a Cody Walker as a Freshman then he has a bright bright future in Orange and Black...Speed though no I'm not buying he is even faster than Lankford. Johnson from what I was told is in low 4.5 to high 4.4 range. Now I will say this Walker was not just pure speed but if I remember correctly and from I was told did run a high 4.6 low 4.7 when timed...That kid though was side to side and straight away running over people stayed same speed. SP doesn't have a back like that. Lankford can be at times when he wants but Walker was as a Freshman a different animal and likely the best Freshman to ever play at SP...Sad he lost his way or he could be playing on Sundays. I think he was as a Freshman RB comparable to Eddie Moore as a Jr.

There were a couple of coaches went up to get a look at him after soom games because they though Moore was playing as a ringer.

There were a couple of coaches went up to get a look at him after soom games because they though Moore was playing as a ringer.

rlh, you gonna make any of the big home games this year?? Old Beck even has to visit, but he's bringing a team with him this time....and a football coach too , I might add.

HA!! Listen up Beaver

1. I don't have to talk bad about MC

2. YOU could never ruffle TT's feathers roflol.gif

3. MC has been terrible for a while so why kick a dead horse while it's down..??? I have stated I wished they would get back to greatness and bring back the rivalry many times so obviously u don't understand comprehension very well

4. I don't take untrue jabs about your community, your fans or make comments belittling a coach that "YOU" only wished you had

(I can be critical of our coach you see cause he was my coach and I actually "PLAYED" while in school) You of all people should know all to well about jock sniffing.....That is all!!

Stick to your MC boards and worry about winning games before slamming the team and school down the road that is the measuring stick in the County

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a joke this is^^^^ MARION COUNTY has one bad year and you say they have been terrible for a while? it wasnt to many years ago MARION made a deeper playoff run then sp and they did it against harder competition

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a joke this is^^^^ MARION COUNTY has one bad year and you say they have been terrible for a while? it wasnt to many years ago MARION made a deeper playoff run then sp and they did it against harder competition

No, they went deep in the playoffs until they met competition...

Dad burnit, Old Pirate been hit too many times by the SS or did Jasper jest win a playoff game a few years back after a long dry spell in the playoffs a losing? How bout it Bill49, OP figures you is sure to know. Edited by OLD PIRATE

Dad burnit, Old Pirate been hit too many times by the SS or did Jasper jest win a playoff game a few years back after a long dry spell in the playoffs a losing? How bout it Bill49, OP figures you is sure to know.

Marion County won three playoff games in 2008. They lost to a young Alcoa team in the semifinals that year. Marion was driven that season by a very talented player that actually played with the guys from South Pitt for a long time. That 2008 team got hot at the right time and got some good breaks as well. That is easily the best MC team in the past 16 seasons.