IS THIS A JOKE?

BTWSheriff

That's true, some teams will accept it, some won't. Chattanooga Christian didn't want to this year, they have very limited seating for football, but that's their right not to do so. This guy on here turning this into a issue, including talking about how it's even worse since it's February, is disgraceful. It sounds as if he is just looking for a way out if and when BTW wins by a large margin again.

There are always people that get on here and cause an uproar when their team is doing good, come next year he/she won't even be on here...

I doubt the offer was ever made. This Guy, Sheriff, is an overzealous misguided fan that supports his team beating undermanned teams by 120 points with full court presses and running clocks. Tssaa used to have a minimum seating capacity for regional games and if u didnt meet it, u could change the venue. If u look, sheriffs is starting all these post to make it look like everyone in the state is afraid to play BTW, well there are many that would relish the opportunity to play a team that has a schedule strength of 104 out of 110, trust me on that.

How many times will you beat a dead horse? The 120 point game has passed, let it go. Again, Coach T strength of schedule only is based on wins and losses, it does not take in consideration the toughness of a paticular district etc. Personally, I think this is racial, if this is true. I wouldn't want to go to Scotts Hill. As for the 120 point blowout......Here is my take again........

I get so tired of this so called not being professional, no class etc....Blah, Blah, Blah. First of all Coacht strength of schedule is not a good measuring point. It's based on wins and losses. It doesn't take into consideration out of state opponents etc. boys basketball is better/stronger in West TN #fact Some of the teams that I've seen play in Middle and East Tn, don't have the skill set of a high school team/player. It simply wouldn't matter if JV played or not, some teams are just that bad. So what do you do, tell a kid to quit, when he is taught to give his all or get benched. I don't think so. It's good to get beat bad sometimes, it should teach a child to try harder, I would tell my kid this same exact thing. Some Parents coddle kids entirely too much. I'm not saying that Booker T. Washington is going to win the A gold ball, because they don't have a good coach. But the gold ball will come back to West TN.

Scotts Hill is expecting BTW to come into an environment that would be completely advantage Scotts Hill when the game at BTW is completely advantage BTW. BTW would be in a VERY hostile environment by going into Scotts Hill for a game. If anyone denies that, you're WRONG. I don't think this is anything about how many people could come to the game etc., I think Scotts Hill is just scared to go into Memphis and play BTW. BTW was awarded this first round home game and their gym is plenty big enough to hold enough for a Scotts Hill v. BTW game.

How many times will you beat a dead horse? The 120 point game has passed, let it go. Again, Coach T strength of schedule only is based on wins and losses, it does not take in consideration the toughness of a paticular district etc. Personally, I think this is racial, if this is true. I wouldn't want to go to Scotts Hill. As for the 120 point blowout......Here is my take again........

I get so tired of this so called not being professional, no class etc....Blah, Blah, Blah. First of all Coacht strength of schedule is not a good measuring point. It's based on wins and losses. It doesn't take into consideration out of state opponents etc. boys basketball is better/stronger in West TN #fact Some of the teams that I've seen play in Middle and East Tn, don't have the skill set of a high school team/player. It simply wouldn't matter if JV played or not, some teams are just that bad. So what do you do, tell a kid to quit, when he is taught to give his all or get benched. I don't think so. It's good to get beat bad sometimes, it should teach a child to try harder, I would tell my kid this same exact thing. Some Parents coddle kids entirely too much. I'm not saying that Booker T. Washington is going to win the A gold ball, because they don't have a good coach. But the gold ball will come back to West TN.

Well I guess ill beat the dead horse as long as I can, considering this thread is about the dead horse. this thread is about BTW and their dominance or lack there of. Your right it doesnt take into account out of state foes and it shouldnt. But what it does do, is takes your schedule and everybody u play schedules, and puts them in, and the computer spits out the numbers. I just looked at Coacht's top ten in all three divisions and theres only 1 of 30 teams ranked, that is from Memphis. Look at the schedule strenths and BTW is 105 out of 110. I mean all we have to go by is the numbers provided to Coacht and thats the fairest comparison we have at this point. I mean when u guys say west tn, Im beginning to see a pattern here. Basically any team that wins a state title west of Nashville and all u Memphis guys claim them as your own. I will continue to beat the horses #### until you see that your wrong about the beating they gave this team. This aint about coddling, and trying harder or more parents. This is about a team that already beat a team twice by an average of 110 points, then goes out and presses them into a 149-23 game and some jerk wants to get on here and post how dominant they are, and if u go back and read the post you will see you and sheriff are in the Minority on this topic. I agree they have a bad coach too, one that should be taken to task over this sort of sportsmanship.

• Upvote 1

Well I guess ill beat the dead horse as long as I can, considering this thread is about the dead horse. this thread is about BTW and their dominance or lack there of. Your right it doesnt take into account out of state foes and it shouldnt. But what it does do, is takes your schedule and everybody u play schedules, and puts them in, and the computer spits out the numbers. I just looked at Coacht's top ten in all three divisions and theres only 1 of 30 teams ranked, that is from Memphis. Look at the schedule strenths and BTW is 105 out of 110. I mean all we have to go by is the numbers provided to Coacht and thats the fairest comparison we have at this point. I mean when u guys say west tn, Im beginning to see a pattern here. Basically any team that wins a state title west of Nashville and all u Memphis guys claim them as your own. I will continue to beat the horses #### until you see that your wrong about the beating they gave this team. This aint about coddling, and trying harder or more parents. This is about a team that already beat a team twice by an average of 110 points, then goes out and presses them into a 149-23 game and some jerk wants to get on here and post how dominant they are, and if u go back and read the post you will see you and sheriff are in the Minority on this topic. I agree they have a bad coach too, one that should be taken to task over this sort of sportsmanship.

I don't really care about being in the minority, I have been in the minority for 41 years. I'm not trying to win a popularity contest. If you don't like what I say, that's fine, don't read my post and the same goes for me. Sometimes, some of you, take these posts to serious. There is nothing worse, than someone trying to force their beliefs down your throat. BTW was 50pts better than Power Academy, if they played a 2/3 zone and walked the ball up the court, without pressing. Is that BTW's fault. Oh,I understand,Getting beat by 50pts is better than 100pts, no it's not, both are humiliating. Personally, I think, when teams just don't have the talent to compete, maybe they should have a division 2 for small public schools. Why should BTW have to alter their game? That's like asking the wealthy to pay more taxes, it will never happen. At the end of the day, in this media driven society, where we have National Signing Day, High School Sports on National TV etc. What do you expect a kid to do, after all the star athlete/jock is exploited on a daily basis. Until we fix the root of the problem, I don't want hear about the fruit. If you don't like what I say, oh well.

There are always people that get on here and cause an uproar when their team is doing good, come next year he/she won't even be on here...

not trying to cause any uproar. and BTW consistantly does well. im new to the message boards but i like the dialogue sand intend to be here. (i also discuss and post on other teams besides mine)

Edited by BTWSheriff

High school sports is about teaching kids sportsmanship, teamwork, comraderie...in situation like this, knowing going in you have beaten a team twice by an average of 110 pts, you go in and use it as a teaching moment... go into the game with a 4 pass limit, teach guys how to run a slow down half court offense, no 3's throughout the game, proper technique on a box out, things of that nature, teach them a zone defense (as i am certain this team most likely runs straight up man)...I was part of a game we led 65-15 at half-2nd half we ran zone defense in half court sets, we had a pass minimum and no 3's for the entire 2nc half and the coach was using every second to teach us better use of fundamentals-at one point he called a timeout and took the team to the opponents bench and the rest of the game was like a scrimmage, we as players were even helping to teach some things to the other team, yes we beat them110-65 but we got more instruction from that setting than we would have in practice...next time we played them we played our starters for 4 mins (we knew ahead of time this would happen) and the game was much closer 85-60 and we were awarded the sportsmanship trophy for tbe way we conducted ourselves as players

High school sports is about teaching kids sportsmanship, teamwork, comraderie...in situation like this, knowing going in you have beaten a team twice by an average of 110 pts, you go in and use it as a teaching moment... go into the game with a 4 pass limit, teach guys how to run a slow down half court offense, no 3's throughout the game, proper technique on a box out, things of that nature, teach them a zone defense (as i am certain this team most likely runs straight up man)...I was part of a game we led 65-15 at half-2nd half we ran zone defense in half court sets, we had a pass minimum and no 3's for the entire 2nc half and the coach was using every second to teach us better use of fundamentals-at one point he called a timeout and took the team to the opponents bench and the rest of the game was like a scrimmage, we as players were even helping to teach some things to the other team, yes we beat them110-65 but we got more instruction from that setting than we would have in practice...next time we played them we played our starters for 4 mins (we knew ahead of time this would happen) and the game was much closer 85-60 and we were awarded the sportsmanship trophy for tbe way we conducted ourselves as players

thats one way of looking at it