A Highly Touted QB from PA already Grabbed up by Friendship

RUBlind!!!

I have no idea what you're talking about. I know there is no endowment. If there is a "private foundation" then that's what it is - "PRIVATE" meaning not owned or controlled by the school. Yes, we have consistent, significant donors. And some of them may use private foundations to direct their charitable giving. Otherwise, as previously stated, we could not meet expenses. But If you will simply read what I write without twisting or taking things out of context, you would know we are not much different than the small county schools, but we get our money differently. We CAN give scholarships to non-athletic students, but to my knowledge we do not.

Really... i've been to ya'lls trailer park of a school. Don't even compare to our OLD high school roflolk.gif At least ya'll had the sewage problem fixed last time we were there. roflol.gif

Right now its get the privates out, and thats all you read about on here. Sure kick us out, next the open zoned will have to go, cause they have an advantage too...I thought you were sharper than that slim... :blink:

They don't have to kick ya'll out....just put all of the privates in the same playoff quad without any publics, only 1 survives..that way the clinic bowl will have the best private vs the best public school. Thats what everybody wants to see anyway.

Back when I first got on these boards, I use to try and fight this argument. Over the years, it has got to the point that I could really care less who or where we play. Just makes it that much easier for us to win a state title cause we would have to go through less teams if a split happend. :roflolk:

If all the small private schools that used to be in 1a were fighting it out for a title,the championships would be few and far between.that could be one heck of a division.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I know there is no endowment. If there is a "private foundation" then that's what it is - "PRIVATE" meaning not owned or controlled by the school. Yes, we have consistent, significant donors. And some of them may use private foundations to direct their charitable giving. Otherwise, as previously stated, we could not meet expenses. But If you will simply read what I write without twisting or taking things out of context, you would know we are not much different than the small county schools, but we get our money differently. We CAN give scholarships to non-athletic students, but to my knowledge we do not.

You said " We CAN give scholarships to non-athletic students, but to my knowledge we do not." Does this mean you only give scholarships to ATHLETIC students? If so, in my way of thnking, you are "recruiting" student athletes by offering financial aid, via scholarships to these young people.

you can go to the website :http://foundationcenter.org/findfunders/990finder/

this is a site that shows non profit organizations & has the Form 990 that is filed with the IRS. when you get to this link, type in the nonprofit, such as Friendship Christian School. Then it will take you to a list of the 990 forms that have been filed. the latest filing is for 5/31/2011. on page 10 it shows expenses that includes over $128,000 in scholarships. also if you continue looking thru the form it shows all assets for the organization along with other interesting items.

So, FCS along with most of all the private schools do give financial aid to students. You are correct the athletes are not supposed to get any of the financial aid if they are in D1, but can in DII. There are ways to circumvent these rules, just check into the private christian school in Madison, TN (another story for another day). IMHO all the private schools should be in the DII.

You said " We CAN give scholarships to non-athletic students, but to my knowledge we do not." Does this mean you only give scholarships to ATHLETIC students? If so, in my way of thnking, you are "recruiting" student athletes by offering financial aid, via scholarships to these young people.

Please read back through what has been written. No we don't give athletic scholarships.

Grace Didn't Either... :roflolk: And Signal Mountain Was Framed...And Lee Harvey Acted Alone! :roflolk:

Any of these schools that want to cheat can.If some booster is willing to pay someones way,all they have to do is give the money to the kids parents and let them pay the money. Put um all in D2 and let um do as they please. From the way it looks,we have 3 private schools that are pretty much going to dominate all the sports.If the TSSAA isn't smart enough to see this,someone needs to sit down and have allllooonnng talk with that Childress man.