Reclassification

fblover

The current system is all about $. Has nothing to do with helping in travel distance or rival's. To prove that point,had they gone with their plan for 5 classes, look at the AAAA in the Knoxville area: Halls, Karns, West, South Doyle, Seymour, Gibbs, and I believe 2 others. All these schools are about 45 minutes apart. Each Region game would have drawn huge crowds compared to what some of them draw now. For those of you that believe that the TSSAA listens to the coach's, no way. The listen to the few, who have thier own key people in place to cast a vote that improves their schools situation and the heck with everyone else.

Well all the coach's need to quit crying and worry about coaching. Dob-Bennett fans crying about the district being weakk go out and play a tough non-district schedule. I say Maryville, Alcoa, CAK will play

The current system is all about $. Has nothing to do with helping in travel distance or rival's. To prove that point,had they gone with their plan for 5 classes, look at the AAAA in the Knoxville area: Halls, Karns, West, South Doyle, Seymour, Gibbs, and I believe 2 others. All these schools are about 45 minutes apart. Each Region game would have drawn huge crowds compared to what some of them draw now. For those of you that believe that the TSSAA listens to the coach's, no way. The listen to the few, who have their own key people in place to cast a vote that improves their schools situation and the heck with everyone else.

You hit the nail squarely on the head. Its just a case of doing what you think is best for you're own situation.

Well all the coach's need to quit crying and worry about coaching. Dob-Bennett fans crying about the district being weakk go out and play a tough non-district schedule. I say Maryville, Alcoa, CAK will play

What coaches are crying? The TSSAA asked for their input. The coaches gave their input. Input was ignored, or so it seems. 5 classifications was the better plan for travel and money for each school and a playoff system that EVERYONE could understand easily. However, it would have cost the TSSAA money.

Edited by galloppingghost77

What coaches are crying? The TSSAA asked for their input. The coaches gave their input. Input was ignored, or so it seems. 5 classifications was the better plan for travel and money for each school and a playoff system that EVERYONE could understand easily. However, it would have cost the TSSAA money.

I believe you have been bellyaching through this whole process as well on how unfair it would be to play Alcoa. Pot meet Kettle.

Travel and rivalries would have been adversely affected for some middle Tenn schools had they gone back to 5. East Tenn wanted to go back but Middle wanted to keep it. There is no way the 5 class plan would have been fair or increased revenue for my school. 10 district games versus 5 in some districts,no way was that right. Tweak the playoffs and play ball.

Travel would have been affected all over the state. There might be rare cases here and there but overall there is no way the three class regular season would have more travel difficulty than the five class system. To say otherwise is a little silly. There are legitimate gripes about the playoff scheduling/format but the travel is a plus.

Travel would have been affected all over the state. There might be rare cases here and there but overall there is no way the three class regular season would have more travel difficulty than the five class system. To say otherwise is a little silly. There are legitimate gripes about the playoff scheduling/format but the travel is a plus.

Travel is better overall with the 3 classification and 6 playoff system. Not perfect but much better than the 5 classification system they were talking about. Regular season travel considerations have to be considered more strongly than post season play. We all expect traveling then, and it's only a few trips most of the time.

However I will agree the playoff set up leaves much to be desired. But I can live with that until someone figures out a better way to determine those playoff teams.

Well, that didn't take long. Not surprised at staying with 6 classes, but I am somewhat that the multiplier for independent D1's stayed at 1.8.

Discuss.

I actually was surprised that they did stay with the 6 classes, not surprised about the multiplier staying the same. I was for 5 classes so that we could get more teams in our district for more guaranteed games. But when I saw the projected districts under the 5 classifications, it didn't add 1 single school to the total number of teams in our (CAK) district and it dropped Alcoa to 2A. So, staying with the 6 classes is fine with me. (For what it's worth APB: I asked Bradley a few weeks ago what he was going to do if they did go with the 5 classes and one of the interesting things he said was that he absolutely would keep Alcoa on the schedule regardless. So I guess I was wrong a while back when a poster asked me if CAK would schedule Alcoa if they didn't have to and I said probably not. Oh well, shows how much I know.)

Edited by FootballDad

Well the "Good Ole Boy" network is still at it. The 1.8 multiplier is the most ridiculious rule in TN High School sports. No other state that has a multipier is even close to ours. Most states are now doing away with it. I'd like to know of one good thing that comes out of that number?? All it does is penalize smaller schools and without a doubt, cause more injuries. It's painfully obvious that the TSSAA is all about making money and not the well being of our student athletes. It's total BS. The TSSAA is a complete JOKE!!!