SP Pirates

BGA,DCA,FRA,CPA, AND BOYD, back then wasn't very good............so try again............. keep thanking that your team could beat the teams at SP the last few years, but your wrong...........

SP and Trouserdale County folks don't refer to The Alphabet Schools to refer to those teams for nothing. TC and SP were some of the very few public schools that compete with them. Most were complaining about them and that influenced the eventual split in the late 90s.

I'm one of the the old ones........I would like to think that we would beat these younguns......But they would kick our butt all over the field. So stop looking thur those rose colored glasses.......and stop living in the past........its 2012 not 1969 or 1998 or 1999

The 80s and 90s Pirate teams were a lot more physical on both sides of the ball.

I'd like for all of the SP faithful to remember Mark Griffith's daughter Kennedy in your prayer's. He is our superintendant of the Marion county school's and this young lady that is 15 now has battled cancer for over three year's and if God doesn't heal her body she only has a few week's to live. My heart goes out to the family.

Amen

I'd like for all of the SP faithful to remember Mark Griffith's daughter Kennedy in your prayer's. He is our superintendant of the Marion county school's and this young lady that is 15 now has battled cancer for over three year's and if God doesn't heal her body she only has a few week's to live. My heart goes out to the family.

Amen!

I have talked to many of my friends who have played at South Pittsburg and Jasper over the years and we all agree on one thing. All the teams of today have way better and more athletes on their teams but they have fewer and fewer football players. Some people may not understand that but I will tell you that if you give me a team of football players, I will beat a team of just athletes more than they will beat me.

I was reading my newspaper yesterday about that Johnson boy. It said he runs a 5. 0 yard dash in 4.45 seconds. I looked at the schools looking to train this Johnson boy and their are no SEC schools listed. Why has Grider not told any SEC schools about this Johnson boy? This is a bunch of mess. You think im joking but im not.

I was reading my newspaper yesterday about that Johnson boy. It said he runs a 5. 0 yard dash in 4.45 seconds. I looked at the schools looking to train this Johnson boy and their are no SEC schools listed. Why has Grider not told any SEC schools about this Johnson boy? This is a bunch of mess. You think im joking but im not.

roy you used to be so funny. what happened?

'sportman'

May God in His infinite goodness , heal Kennedy to a full recovery..for by His stripes we are healed.Amen

Vic just got the tssaa to let SP play all it games on Thursday nights......This is great news...They will put up a big screen on Friday nights ,so all the old timers can watch all the games back when they played...and relive their glory days.....the gate will be only 2 dollars..And now I can go watch all of SM games.....

Edited by lancer10