BA vs Trinity

doct

I was not at the game but listened to it online through a radio station in louisville that broadcast the trinity games... The announcers were former players from trinity and were nothing but complimentary of BA's players and talent. They were comparing BA to the catholic schools in Cinci and were saying this team matched up better physically and skill position wise better than anyone they have seen in 2 years. I think this team has a chance to be one of the better BA teams and it would not surprise me if they are right there in the state championship this year. We shall see when BA starts play in the division but Trinity is also an elite national team that would blow out 99 percent of every high school football team .. No matter where they are. BA can take a lot from that game .. They ran out of gas somewhat in the 2 nd half but they played a good 2.5 quarters and look better than last year in my humbe opinion.

agree with you BBD1976. we ended up being outmanned - too many guys having to go 2 ways. 6 were at my house today and all had severe cramps last nite. the diff between 200 or so boys and 1400

you are right on - they learned a lot. i was pleasantly surprised to be frank. one issue - max may be out next wk with his ankle

I was not going to respond to this thread but after reading a thread that calls out a 17 yr old i find it is necessary. These kids are 17 and 18 yrs old (and even younger)and in HS for heaven's sake and you have the audacity to call them out??? Max is a very good friend of our family, and our son who starts for BA. I was at the game and the score is nowhere indicative of what went on. We had 3 major special teams errors that resulted in 21 points. We also dropped a TD pass in the 1st 1/2 that would have put BA up by 2 scores and derek barnett was in their backfield play after play but the holding was never called. At least 2 times that resulted in TDs. My son came home from watching film today and said the coaches were livid after watching the tape. and by the way, the ramsey pass was thrown where it should have been thrown. Don't know what you watched. This is HS not college or the pros. These kids are doing the best they can do. For those that saw the score in the newspaper, and not witnessing the game, they will say it was a blowout and you know what, that's great as i have said in 4 posts now that this team will be dangerous come yr end. Let them think that. The Trinity sideline was as silent as anyone probably ever heard it in the 1st 1/2. At 1/2 time, trinty fans told me they could not believe what was going on and that BA had given them the biggest challenge they had had in yrs. Yep, BA blew it in the 2nd but the trinity coach knows whether or not he wants to admit it, he had a battle on his hands. In the end, this game means nothing and come Nov, i think you might be surprised to see where this team comes out. They are trying to sched trinty for mid-season next yr and that is wise considering they are in pads for 6 wks longer than us.

in any case, calling out HS kids ?? wow! My kid was one of the skill guys and had more catches than anyone on the team - do you want to call him out also because maybe he should have done more? I sure hope you are not a BA fan

we agree on one thing - put up or shut up

So doct can criticize a player by name and you hurl the venom. At the same time, you should apologize to the parents and boys on the special teams that made the errors that resulted in 21 points. What about the boy that dropped the sure TD pass? You should apolgize to him too. For gosh sakes, he's 17 or younger! Doct made an observation that's worthy of a question.

Meritage, please comment on the first 3 drives in the 3rd quarter. I thought the QB missed some obvious reads, just like the special teams missed some plays. What's the difference in doct's criticism and your explanation?

I was not going to respond to this thread but after reading a thread that calls out a 17 yr old i find it is necessary. These kids are 17 and 18 yrs old (and even younger)and in HS for heaven's sake and you have the audacity to call them out??? Max is a very good friend of our family, and our son who starts for BA. I was at the game and the score is nowhere indicative of what went on. We had 3 major special teams errors that resulted in 21 points. We also dropped a TD pass in the 1st 1/2 that would have put BA up by 2 scores and derek barnett was in their backfield play after play but the holding was never called. At least 2 times that resulted in TDs. My son came home from watching film today and said the coaches were livid after watching the tape. and by the way, the ramsey pass was thrown where it should have been thrown. Don't know what you watched. This is HS not college or the pros. These kids are doing the best they can do. For those that saw the score in the newspaper, and not witnessing the game, they will say it was a blowout and you know what, that's great as i have said in 4 posts now that this team will be dangerous come yr end. Let them think that. The Trinity sideline was as silent as anyone probably ever heard it in the 1st 1/2. At 1/2 time, trinty fans told me they could not believe what was going on and that BA had given them the biggest challenge they had had in yrs. Yep, BA blew it in the 2nd but the trinity coach knows whether or not he wants to admit it, he had a battle on his hands. In the end, this game means nothing and come Nov, i think you might be surprised to see where this team comes out. They are trying to sched trinty for mid-season next yr and that is wise considering they are in pads for 6 wks longer than us.

in any case, calling out HS kids ?? wow! My kid was one of the skill guys and had more catches than anyone on the team - do you want to call him out also because maybe he should have done more? I sure hope you are not a BA fan

we agree on one thing - put up or shut up

Meritage, you are right. I should not have said what I did. I was frustrated. Our QB will win a lot of games for us, and the team will work out the kinks.

Doct - i think we all were hence my terse reply. in retrospect, mine was too harsh. i am sure we both saw many things that had they just gone our way a few times, we could have hung in there. i wish we could play them a month from now. that said, i just hope we can stay healthy to make a run at it - we are pretty thin in spots

agree with you BBD1976. we ended up being outmanned - too many guys having to go 2 ways. 6 were at my house today and all had severe cramps last nite. the diff between 200 or so boys and 1400

you are right on - they learned a lot. i was pleasantly surprised to be frank. one issue - max may be out next wk with his ankle

Brentwood Academy knew that Louisville Trinity had 1400 (est.) young men in their school and Brentwood Academy had 200 (est.) young men to slect from when the game was scheduled. Please don't use that as an excuse! The final result was that Brentwood Academy lost a football game to a very talented Louisville Trinity team on Friday evening.

Brentwood Academy knew that Louisville Trinity had 1400 (est.) young men in their school and Brentwood Academy had 200 (est.) young men to slect from when the game was scheduled. Please don't use that as an excuse! The final result was that Brentwood Academy lost a football game to a very talented Louisville Trinity team on Friday evening.

Going both ways early in the year (especially in the first game) is a whole lot harder than it will be as the year progresses and they get some "game shape". I don't see BA using this as any kind of "excuse" - just legitimate game discussion (similar in many ways to discussing a physical size advantage that a receiver might have over a corner or vice-versa).

Glad BA played well!!

Going both ways early in the year (especially in the first game) is a whole lot harder than it will be as the year progresses and they get some "game shape". I don't see BA using this as any kind of "excuse" - just legitimate game discussion (similar in many ways to discussing a physical size advantage that a receiver might have over a corner or vice-versa).

Glad BA played well!!

We had BA on one computer, MBA on another and Ensworth on the television. Watching all three was a little difficult and obviously we missed alot. Having seen all three teams, the following is an overview: BA truly ran out of gas and was outgunned after a solid half and another half quarter. Ensworth was sloppy at times and got a big break when the referee called the MUS back down on forward progress when he had broken out for a game tying touchdown. MUS can throw the ball and they have a very good Division I back. MUS was about to be blown out and got tough to make it very close. They will have a great season. Kingsbury was so pathetic that it was impossible to tell what MBA has this year.

We had BA on one computer, MBA on another and Ensworth on the television. Watching all three was a little difficult and obviously we missed alot. Having seen all three teams, the following is an overview: BA truly ran out of gas and was outgunned after a solid half and another half quarter. Ensworth was sloppy at times and got a big break when the referee called the MUS back down on forward progress when he had broken out for a game tying touchdown. MUS can throw the ball and they have a very good Division I back. MUS was about to be blown out and got tough to make it very close. They will have a great season. Kingsbury was so pathetic that it was impossible to tell what MBA has this year.

Glad you watched the BA game! Hope you enjoyed the broadcast. Trinity threw us some curveballs that made for a few technical difficulties, but we got things running eventually.

Hope you watch more of our ESBN broadcasts when you can't make it to the game. My brother and dad had the call Friday, but I'll be doing a few games later in the year.

As for the game, I don't think it's shocking that Trinity was able to leverage its depth and talent to pull away in the second half. This loss will pay dividends for the Eagles later in the season.

BA has many times more talent than most 400 student schools will have, look how many FBS and FCS players in the past and present. I did not see or listen to the game but if I had one of the top 15, ranked players in the country I'd try to get the ball in his hands 25 times a game.

I am on here late, but a few thoughts from the game. First, BA was a tough team. They gave us all we wanted in the first half and brought a ton of fans. The QB and WR, as well as that No 84 are very tough. I thought BA had a very good game plan that paid off for them in the first half. The difference in the second half I thought was two big factors. First, the defense made some small adjustments that allowed them to get to the QB a lot faster. He didn't have much time to throw in the snd half. Second, I thought out team got up to game speed much better in the second half. Our QB was making his reads much faster in the 2nd half and that made a big difference. I thought the two way players made a difference late, but the game was in hand by then. Finally, someone mentioned that we had been in pads for six weeks, We can't go into pads until August 1.

As for the game, I don't think it's shocking that Trinity was able to leverage its depth and talent to pull away in the second half. This loss will pay dividends for the Eagles later in the season.

And that's the point, and not just for this season. The sting of the loss will go away. The thrill of knowing that one night, you played agaainst the best team in the country...I can't imagine that ever goes away