Youth Football in Blount County 2012.

REBELRON

I'm so glad our new Maryville posters have taught all of us old Maryville farts how Ashamed and Embarrassed we should be of ALL of our Classless Coaches who run the score up on their poor , helpless victims . I was one of these Clueless Maryville guys who thought Coach Quarles was a Great , Classy individual till StrongX with his highly trained sensitivity level of Class behavior pointed out to all of us how Embarrassing Coach really was . What's even more amazing with these new , sensitive Maryville fans is that they don't even have to be present to detect Classless behavior ... now that is a highly trained sensitivity level few can Master !!

Oh ya , I forgot , we should all be Ashamed of that fancy field too ... I hang my head with shame every time I see it and think of all those poor Hungry kids in Africa ... maybe we should come up with a " Wall of Shame " to please our New , more Sensitive Fans ...

Pep,

Not to worry. GQ and staff have been to sensitivity training this week. I understand they have put in a new offense that is designed to net negative yards. This will help in games where we get ahead and our 3rd and 4th strings continue to score. We must be careful that our offense is not offensive to anyone. Why can't we just give everybody a gold ball?

Went to the Alcoa vs Rebs and Southerners games last night.

Southerners dominated the game last night. Defense is a brick wall. While the 1st string defense was out there Alcoa never got a 1st down. Southerners have a lot of talent. I can't see no one beating the Southerners.

Rebs were great on offense and defense last night. Rebs are freaking loaded. Another thing that impressed me is the Rebs have a kicker that can hit extra points and probably hit a field goal. Rebs are loaded and shouldn't lose a game.

Coach Sentell did not run up the score. They completely shut down the second half and went very simple with what they did on offense and defense. Alcoa played their starters until 3 minutes left in game. Rebs began playing their 2nd and 3rd team players in the 3rd quarter / along with some of the starters still in the game.....this helps in keeping some of the smaller / younger players from being completely over matched with Alcoa Starters (big boys) still playing. Rebs 2nd team QB was out of game (not dressed) because of injury, 3rd team QB came in late in 4th quarter when both teams made complete switch to all younger players ( 3 or 4 minutes left in game ). Alcoa scored with Rebs playing a lot of 2nd and 3rd team players and this helped in keeping the scoring down in second half. Also these kids who are starting this game for the Rebs have worked hard all week at practice and have worked hard for this game all year....IMO if other Team is still playing all starters there is nothing wrong with allowing these kids to play 2 or 3 quarters who have worked all week in practice.

icon_rolleyes.gif Oh well cant make everyone happy with how a youth team plays, someone will always get their toes stepped on..

icon_e_wink.gif

Edited by Rebels5star

I'm so glad our new Maryville posters have taught all of us old Maryville farts how Ashamed and Embarrassed we should be of ALL of our Classless Coaches who run the score up on their poor , helpless victims . I was one of these Clueless Maryville guys who thought Coach Quarles was a Great , Classy individual till StrongX with his highly trained sensitivity level of Class behavior pointed out to all of us how Embarrassing Coach really was . What's even more amazing with these new , sensitive Maryville fans is that they don't even have to be present to detect Classless behavior ... now that is a highly trained sensitivity level few can Master !!

Oh ya , I forgot , we should all be Ashamed of that fancy field too ... I hang my head with shame every time I see it and think of all those poor Hungry kids in Africa ... maybe we should come up with a " Wall of Shame " to please our New , more Sensitive Fans ...

I can't figure out if strongx is really a Rebel Fan or not. It seems he just wants to dog anything Rebel related... from youth football to MHS. He once mentioned the glasses he looks through. Hard to figure out the color of the glasses he wears. Maybe he rotates those glasses depending on his agenda. I could be wrong, of course.

I can't figure out if strongx is really a Rebel Fan or not. It seems he just wants to dog anything Rebel related... from youth football to MHS. He once mentioned the glasses he looks through. Hard to figure out the color of the glasses he wears. Maybe he rotates those glasses depending on his agenda. I could be wrong, of course.

You are newbie, wrong, that is... SX's views may differ from some on here, but trust me, nobody is more Maryville than he is. While a lot of the so called die hard Rebel fans on here actually graduated from another school in the county, he graduated from MHS. Where did you come from?

You are newbie, wrong, that is... SX's views may differ from some on here, but trust me, nobody is more Maryville than he is. While a lot of the so called die hard Rebel fans on here actually graduated from another school in the county, he graduated from MHS. Where did you come from?

Thanks for the help jake, but we might as well let it go. Someday I too may realize that my alma mater is perfect, all the youth programs with a similar names are perfect, all our coaches are perfect, all our fans are perfect (even if they are wb/alcoa grads), the refs on our fields are perfect, all decisions about restructuring schools are perfect, etc. In short, we are just perfect. There should be absolutely no questions about anyone associated with our program being anything but perfect - unless of course you are a hater.

My alma mater has completely changed. And pep vol is right, it is embarrassing. Good luck to you murvil fans. Long live STARS!

I got a question.

Why are some of these teams not consolidating???

Eagleton and Rockford should not have separate teams and neither should Friendsville and Southside.

All four of these teams struggle to keep 15 kids on the roster and get hammered in league games.

Eagleton and Rockford are 3 miles apart and should consolidate immediately and Friendsville and Southside are connected by hwy 95 and should not be that difficult to find a place to practice agreeable to the parents.

They would at least then be able to field a competitive team.

It would also be a step closer to having the kids that are potential HS teammates (unless they get recruited) an opportunity to play together.

Thoughts?

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge

I got a question.

Eagleton and Rockford should not have separate teams and neither should Friendsville and Southside.

All four of these teams struggle to keep 15 kids on the roster and get hammered in league games.

Eagleton and Rockford are 3 miles apart and should consolidate immediately and Friendsville and Southside are connected by hwy 95 and should not be that difficult to find a place to practice agreeable to the parents.

It would also be a step closer to having the kids that are potential HS teammates (unless they get recruited) an opportunity to play together.

Thoughts?

As Stars would say APB, gooder point.

Coach Sentell did not run up the score. They completely shut down the second half and went very simple with what they did on offense and defense. Alcoa played their starters until 3 minutes left in game. Rebs began playing their 2nd and 3rd team players in the 3rd quarter / along with some of the starters still in the game.....this helps in keeping some of the smaller / younger players from being completely over matched with Alcoa Starters (big boys) still playing. Rebs 2nd team QB was out of game (not dressed) because of injury, 3rd team QB came in late in 4th quarter when both teams made complete switch to all younger players ( 3 or 4 minutes left in game ). Alcoa scored with Rebs playing a lot of 2nd and 3rd team players and this helped in keeping the scoring down in second half. Also these kids who are starting this game for the Rebs have worked hard all week at practice and have worked hard for this game all year....IMO if other Team is still playing all starters there is nothing wrong with allowing these kids to play 2 or 3 quarters who have worked all week in practice.

icon_rolleyes.gif Oh well cant make everyone happy with how a youth team plays, someone will always get their toes stepped on..

icon_e_wink.gif

Thank you 5star for your explanation of what really happened at the game. I had no agenda as mlreb wants to claim, I just wanted to understand. Although I do not agree with playing starters that late in a blowout, I know there are things going on behind the scenes that all fans do not realize. mlreb it is clear you are a fine Maryville fan, but I think sometimes your glasses get a little to much paint on them. We have a common goal to see Maryville football succeed, and I want it to be done the right way.

I got a question.

Thoughts?

Agree with your points APB and I think the county middle school teams should be combined for the same reasons. Would make them better and us {Mary, Alcoa} better by getting to play stronger teams.

Thank you 5star for your explanation of what really happened at the game. I had no agenda as mlreb wants to claim, I just wanted to understand. Although I do not agree with playing starters that late in a blowout, I know there are things going on behind the scenes that all fans do not realize. mlreb it is clear you are a fine Maryville fan, but I think sometimes your glasses get a little to much paint on them. We have a common goal to see Maryville football succeed, and I want it to be done the right way.

My suggestion to you CR is if you want it done the "right" way by your standards then you should donate your time coaching youth football. The youth leagues are always in need of good people to coach that are there for the right reason.