Greeneville vs MoWest

DevilMan03

"Go stand on a corner with a bucket or something", this doesn't sound disrespectful? Full of degradation towards a people (West Greene High School's community)? No, for that I have no respect nor sympathy when I reply with a comment such as the original post. I don't care if you "recruit" from county schools or any of the other U.S. State or even Territories. My issue is with fans who take a simple game that is used to teach young men how to work hard, fight through adversity, take responsibility for their actions, work as a team so that everyone can achieve goals that have been set, and allow them to mature in all the right ways and they turn it into a battle of off-the-field pride. I love football, played from the time I was 5 until I graduated high school. I was all-conference and all-county twice. But, I graduated, i've matured and I understand that it taught me a lot of pivotal lessons that I use every day. There is plenty of room for pride and loyalty in this game, but when you begin to cross that line and trample a school or its community for their lack of monetary contribution to their facilities, etc. there is something that needs to be said.

If a little light trash talk gets you this upset now, by the time the Greeneville/WG games rolls around, you are gonna be losing your mind flower.gif

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what really grinds my gears? people like you who blast someone who is reacting to another post that is blasting Greeneville for "recruiting". How about you read the thread before you decide to get on a soapbox(see page 6). Maybe some of the WG posters on the board should quit whining about county schools losing talent to Greeneville (who has a tougher open enrollment policy than any of the county schools) and concentrate on the continued improvement of the Buffs. Then maybe WG could attract more of the county talent. If all we have to bust each others chops over is "recruiting", milk cans, and bleachers then I don't see what the big deal is. You overreact like somebody shot your best dog...maybe whiny little girl is not so far from a fair description

you know what grinds my gears? a bad transmission.....on top of that, something that really ticks me off is a losing streak...lets see to it as fans that our part is done to prevent that from happening tonight..>GO DEVILS, let's turn those trojans inside out and shake the ........oh wait, wrong topic...let's beat MOTOWN!!!!

"Go stand on a corner with a bucket or something", this doesn't sound disrespectful? Full of degradation towards a people (West Greene High School's community)? No, for that I have no respect nor sympathy when I reply with a comment such as the original post. I don't care if you "recruit" from county schools or any of the other U.S. State or even Territories. My issue is with fans who take a simple game that is used to teach young men how to work hard, fight through adversity, take responsibility for their actions, work as a team so that everyone can achieve goals that have been set, and allow them to mature in all the right ways and they turn it into a battle of off-the-field pride. I love football, played from the time I was 5 until I graduated high school. I was all-conference and all-county twice. But, I graduated, i've matured and I understand that it taught me a lot of pivotal lessons that I use every day. There is plenty of room for pride and loyalty in this game, but when you begin to cross that line and trample a school or its community for their lack of monetary contribution to their facilities, etc. there is something that needs to be said.

may i just throw this in here....keeping in mind im not in this argument, just making a casual observation...this is a forum for folks to boast about their team, talk a little smack about their rivals and have a little good hearted fun with opposing teams fans...sometimes it goes to far, sometimes its just down right FUN....if we just keep in mind that it's all suppose to be entertainment for us adults, i think we could probably avoid some of the bickering that goes beyond football.....and then again, maybe not...GO DEVILS

you know what grinds my gears? a bad transmission.....on top of that, something that really ticks me off is a losing streak...lets see to it as fans that our part is done to prevent that from happening tonight..>GO DEVILS, let's turn those trojans inside out and shake the ........oh wait, wrong topic...let's beat MOTOWN!!!!

sending luck from South Carolina...Go Devils!!!

If a little light trash talk gets you this upset now, by the time the Greeneville/WG games rolls around, you are gonna be losing your mind flower.gif

Barb, you trash talk and do so in fun. But a couple, and only a couple, of greeneville supporters completely cross the line and attack WG's lack of facilities, etc which they (WG) have no real control over. These are the posts that he was responding to.

may i just throw this in here....keeping in mind im not in this argument, just making a casual observation...this is a forum for folks to boast about their team, talk a little smack about their rivals and have a little good hearted fun with opposing teams fans...sometimes it goes to far, sometimes its just down right FUN....if we just keep in mind that it's all suppose to be entertainment for us adults, i think we could probably avoid some of the bickering that goes beyond football.....and then again, maybe not...GO DEVILS

I completely agree with this statement. Fun can be had in the rants going back and forth about teams and smack talking about teams. Who's going to win and whatnot. However, I don't agree with bashing a community and especially the players. Keep it clean and classy. Remember, we aren't the one's out there on Friday's anymore. On a side note, I hope Greeneville does come away with a win tonight because they represent Greene County....Btw, thank you, gcfball, for understanding what I was reacting over.

If you find that degrading, maybe you should find a nice quiet message board...knitting maybe

What is interesting is that anytime anyone takes a shot at greeneville (SM, Giles, County school fans), then MOST greeneville fans come right back at them. However, if a WG fan defends their team, they are a whiny girl who needs to hold a bucket at a corner to get money for bleachers for greeneville fans to sit in every 2 years, and worry about winning the milk can again, while greeneville continues to hoist their gold balls (which they just began competing for 4 years ago).

Barb, you trash talk and do so in fun. But a couple, and only a couple, of greeneville supporters completely cross the line and attack WG's lack of facilities, etc which they (WG) have no real control over. These are the posts that he was responding to.

It's the same herd of dead horses that get beaten every season...recruiting, Niswonger,milk cans,bleachers, Dalton Boles and his uncle, uppity city folks, redneck county folks...all the usual smack and somebody inadvertantly gets way too bent out of shape.

What is interesting is that anytime anyone takes a shot at greeneville (SM, Giles, County school fans), then MOST greeneville fans come right back at them. However, if a WG fan defends their team, they are a whiny girl who needs to hold a bucket at a corner to get money for bleachers for greeneville fans to sit in every 2 years, and worry about winning the milk can again, while greeneville continues to hoist their gold balls (which they just began competing for 4 years ago).

I'm pretty sure it was a WG fan who fired the first shot...or at least agreed with Tadvol's comment about recruiting. WGHS1987 wasn't defending his team. Maybe you should go back 6 pages, GC, to where this all started like I suggested to our new friend 33. And I'm pretty sure we have been competing for gold balls longer than 4 years...making runs as deep as the semi's. I guess you just didn't notice because the county schools were already playing basketball.