Greeneville vs MoWest

DevilMan03

not so fast there....I'm still here and NEVER turn my back on my teams...ive been an arizona cardinals fans since they were in st louis in 76, if that doesnt prove my staying power, nothing does...i work weekends and dont get alot of time to post on here....Ran into Tanner yesterday and he was a little sore saturday..haha...ithink we knew that was comming...the big greene will do work this week and come back strong Friday and i think knock off the trojans...my pick right now....subject to change....28-21

BV, I think everyone is forgetting a young Devils squad in '09 that started the season 2-3 and played Giles County for the state championship in one of the best games I have seen in a long while. This Devil squad is no less talented and experienced than the '09 team that lost to Sullivan South, Elizabethton, and Tennessee High. I think they are a bit better on offense and have a much bigger and more experienced line. They might lose 2 or 3 early, but you forge steel in fire.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You poor little girls at WG will whine no matter what. I know this argument is beaten to death but so is yours. Would you rather play for milk cans or gold balls? I know its rough getting your @s$ handed to u every year, but please put your efforts in to something useful, like getting some visitors stands. Go stand on the corner with a bucket or something.

Your comments are the reason why so many county people don't like greeneville! County schools don't have the donations that Greeneville gets to have the facilities they do and pay a coach from out of state 50,000 under the table in order to get the football program on track.

As far as the getting butts (I choose to be more classy than your choice of words) handed to us...the county schools have beaten greeneville in every sport except football and golf since greeneville decided to join the BRAC.

Wow '87, you failed to mentioned that all of the Greene County schools can have any player in the county that chooses to attend...tuition free. Win a few more games and maybe a few more of the county boys will choose the Mighty Buffs!!!

The Mighty Buffs have more wins than any other county team the past 4 seasons...and 3 straight wins over SG for the ever-so-popular milk can!

BV, I think everyone is forgetting a young Devils squad in '09 that started the season 2-3 and played Giles County for the state championship in one of the best games I have seen in a long while. This Devil squad is no less talented and experienced than the '09 team that lost to Sullivan South, Elizabethton, and Tennessee High. I think they are a bit better on offense and have a much bigger and more experienced line. They might lose 2 or 3 early, but you forge steel in fire.

I agree barb. All these people saying greeneville can't win it all this year are crazy. I personally don't think they will win it all, but I do think they will make it to at least the semis and maybe even the championship game. They just lost a lot on defense and will need some time for the new starters to get more game action. Three of their four non-conference games are brutal for the first half of the season.

The Mighty Buffs have more wins than any other county team the past 4 seasons...and 3 straight wins over SG for the ever-so-popular milk can!

really? 3 straight wins over one of the smallest, if not the smallest school in 3A? And still there are whiners that Greeneville attracts all the county talent. Tragic...

Your comments are the reason why so many county people don't like greeneville! County schools don't have the donations that Greeneville gets to have the facilities they do and pay a coach from out of state 50,000 under the table in order to get the football program on track.

As far as the getting butts (I choose to be more classy than your choice of words) handed to us...the county schools have beaten greeneville in every sport except football and golf since greeneville decided to join the BRAC.

facilities dont win games, players do......Rocky beat Dragos russian ars by running in waiste deep snow and lifting logs........just sayin....cant we just all get along......to quote rocky " ADRIENNNNNNNNNNNNNNE"....LOL....

Mo West is gonna score a lot this year too, so I guess you're in trouble. And I simply said if Greeneville chose to play up, which some schools do, they would have finished 3rd in the IMAC, simple observation. I never said they weren't playing where they were supposed to be playing. Greeneville will be just fine they'll bounce back after this game and roll off some wins, although I don't see them beating Alcoa, and will make it deep in the 4A playoffs, Fulton will be a tough out this year but I think gville is better coached and can get past them.

i agree...fulton has always scared me for some reason....speed maybe....

if scrimmages counted we would have beaten sevier county three times in a row now. Greeneville 21 Mo west 17. Too good of coaching at Greeneville to let another loss go down two weeks in a row.

West's coaching is just as good, they'll have the defense fired up after a slow start on saturday, Greeneville will not score 21, their high powered offense only had 4 snaps from inside the 50 last year and this years offense has dropped off, while West's defense is just as good, if not better than last year. Nothing against Greeneville they just don't have the horses this year.

Edited by motownanddown

really? 3 straight wins over one of the smallest, if not the smallest school in 3A? And still there are whiners that Greeneville attracts all the county talent. Tragic...

They may be the smallest 3A in state...I haven't received my annual update on every school in the state's enrollment numbers. However, there is no more of a gap in enrollment between WG and SG as there is between Greeneville and WG. SO, not sure what your point is.