Greeneville vs MoWest

DevilMan03

All this talk about who GHS plays is wack. We can't help who is in our conference. Bottom line there has not been a lot of super strong teams in upper east tn the past few years. Sullivan south has dropped off a little. Tennessee high has been a little down. Science hill is turning the corner. DB is DB. They are good but have had their troubles in the playoffs. I was a Riverdale graduate and there are just not the power houses here there were in middle tn, west tn, and Knoxville. Greeneville has had to earn their stripes in the playoffs and have. The beat a darn good Red bank team in Chattanooga 3 years ago. Played maple wood twice, Giles was loaded last year, beat really athletic teams from Chattanooga 2 years ago and a whites creek team. All I'm saying records and divisions and conferences don't mean anything. Do you say Alcoa was not good because they are AA. Bottom line we earned our 2 gold balls because of conditioning, heart, and skill. You all may very well come hand us a whoopin. Don't let last Fridays game paint you a picture of GHS this year. That was a loaded team in SH at home and a buzz saw game. All we can do is kick it off Friday and see what happens. I promise you the devils will be ready. See you then.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk about who GHS plays is wack. We can't help who is in our conference. Bottom line there has not been a lot of super strong teams in upper east tn the past few years. Sullivan south has dropped off a little. Tennessee high has been a little down. Science hill is turning the corner. DB is DB. They are good but have had their troubles in the playoffs. I was a Riverdale graduate and there are just not the power houses here there were in middle tn, west tn, and Knoxville. Greeneville has had to earn their stripes in the playoffs and have. The beat a darn good Red bank team in Chattanooga 3 years ago. Played maple wood twice, Giles was loaded last year, beat really athletic teams from Chattanooga 2 years ago and a whites creek team. All I'm saying records and divisions and conferences don't mean anything. Do you say Alcoa was not good because they are AA. Bottom line we earned our 2 gold balls because of conditioning, heart, and skill. You all may very well come hand us a whoopin. Don't let last Fridays game paint you a picture of GHS this year. That was a loaded team in SH at home and a buzz saw game. All we can do is kick it off Friday and see what happens. I promise you the devils will be ready. See you then.

And this West team isn't loaded? Greeneville can be as ready as they want. If both teams play their best games West wins by at least 14

Edited by motownanddown

Yeah, Mo West by 14+. Greeneville is down a bit. But that doesn't mean G'ville will have a bad season. These games playing up could help the Devils make another deep playoff run at their level. That's what matters anyway, right? I think anyone would take two losses vs. two solid 6A and 5A teams and still be able to heft that gold ball in December.

I think this Gville/Mo West game will actually tell us mostly how good Science Hill is or isn't. Sounds like Mo West is solid and played good gave vs a huge KY team.

I guess its just me and you Devilman holding it down for our boys... the other Greene Team fans will be back after we win on friday... Us real fans are here NO MATTER WHAT...... GO BIG GREENE..

not so fast there....I'm still here and NEVER turn my back on my teams...ive been an arizona cardinals fans since they were in st louis in 76, if that doesnt prove my staying power, nothing does...i work weekends and dont get alot of time to post on here....Ran into Tanner yesterday and he was a little sore saturday..haha...ithink we knew that was comming...the big greene will do work this week and come back strong Friday and i think knock off the trojans...my pick right now....subject to change....28-21

What are you basing this on? Is Greenevilles D gonna be fixed overnight?

not overnight, over the course of the week..PLUS...its not just about our defense...its about that offense that was on the field at SHHS...those kids are gona score a ton of points on a ton of teams this year....you sure are popping off alot and i guess that's what this forum is for...i think i remember you making a remark about greeneville "choosing" to play in the region we play in and that we would have finished 3rd in the imac last year....HAHAHA....come on dude, we play where we play because the TSSAA put us here...i think most everyone would rather see us in the imac...we have abou 850 kids, MoWest has over 1600...do the math....nearly twice as many kids, so i 'd say for a small little school, we hold our own NO MATTER who we go against...GO DEVILS

not overnight, over the course of the week..PLUS...its not just about our defense...its about that offense that was on the field at SHHS...those kids are gona score a ton of points on a ton of teams this year....you sure are popping off alot and i guess that's what this forum is for...i think i remember you making a remark about greeneville "choosing" to play in the region we play in and that we would have finished 3rd in the imac last year....HAHAHA....come on dude, we play where we play because the TSSAA put us here...i think most everyone would rather see us in the imac...we have abou 850 kids, MoWest has over 1600...do the math....nearly twice as many kids, so i 'd say for a small little school, we hold our own NO MATTER who we go against...GO DEVILS

Mo West is gonna score a lot this year too, so I guess you're in trouble. And I simply said if Greeneville chose to play up, which some schools do, they would have finished 3rd in the IMAC, simple observation. I never said they weren't playing where they were supposed to be playing. Greeneville will be just fine they'll bounce back after this game and roll off some wins, although I don't see them beating Alcoa, and will make it deep in the 4A playoffs, Fulton will be a tough out this year but I think gville is better coached and can get past them.

It does help that Greeneville can pull any player from anywhere in Greene Co to go to school there though !!!

Mo West is gonna score a lot this year too, so I guess you're in trouble. And I simply said if Greeneville chose to play up, which some schools do, they would have finished 3rd in the IMAC, simple observation. I never said they weren't playing where they were supposed to be playing. Greeneville will be just fine they'll bounce back after this game and roll off some wins, although I don't see them beating Alcoa, and will make it deep in the 4A playoffs, Fulton will be a tough out this year but I think gville is better coached and can get past them.

Dont know about Greeneville being better coached there Motown .. Fulton still has about 7 or so coaches on staff that were there with teams that made it to state finals 5 of 6 years from 2002 - 2008 .. so there are some good coaches there ... fulton will be more competitive I think this year in 4A .. they are still young team with only about 4 seniors that play roles ... strong Soph / Jr class .. but we will see .. they play Knox West and Alcoa out of district so they will be battle tested.

What Tadvols said! Nice post!

You poor little girls at WG will whine no matter what. I know this argument is beaten to death but so is yours. Would you rather play for milk cans or gold balls? I know its rough getting your @s$ handed to u every year, but please put your efforts in to something useful, like getting some visitors stands. Go stand on the corner with a bucket or something.

What Tadvols said! Nice post!

Wow '87, you failed to mentioned that all of the Greene County schools can have any player in the county that chooses to attend...tuition free. Win a few more games and maybe a few more of the county boys will choose the Mighty Buffs!!!