Gordonsville at Smith County

croz6110

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

Bad news! You will have to hear it all this week---and all next week too!!

Your right Cat... This week......"this is our year"...."we're better, more physical"

Next week will be.......,"wait till next year"....."we're better, but made too many mistakes"....."we're a little 1A school, ya'll are supposed to win".,.....

Edited by Termite

I'm leaning the other way, obviously. I don't think the big plays that SC had against White Co will happen against Gordonsville. Smith Co better be able to keep the ball for long drives or this will be the Tigers game.

That being said, Station Camp did show the tigers main weakness on D, out of position db's on passing downs. I think Gordonsville goes 9-1 on the regular season and that one loss is a team that will pass 30 times against us, Friendship. (Thanks to a off season mvp quarterback transfer)

Conditioning for Gordonsville has never been an issue, we've always played on both sides of the ball and will be ready.

Home field advantage in this game, at eithers home field is completely overrated, IMO, because these boys are all playing in front of familiar faces.

On the offensive side: in the jamboree, Gordonsville only showed a running game against Station Camp but it was unstoppable. GHS didnt pass til the backups were in and Watson never kept the ball, considering the play action pass and watson rushing will be big parts of our offense, its safe to say that we were pretty vanilla against station camp.

GHS has the ability to grind it out with ball control or break the big play. I dont know how good SC's defense is but i can guarantee theyll be worn out by the end of Friday nights game.

I look for Ghs to take control after the original burst of adrenaline wears off and avenge last years defeat.

As in the past when Gordonsville went to the STATE in the past, they beat Smith Co., and this year will duplicate itself.

I say Tigers 26 Owls 17.

By the way, i loved beating SC in every sport when i played ball but im not a vendictive Gordonsville alum, just a Gordonsville alum thats a huge sports fan. Wish the best to both teams, hope both sides come out healthy, and hope both win out after this game.

GO TIGERS!

''As in the past when Gordonsville went to the STATE in the past, they beat Smith Co.,''...Sorry but Gville DID NOT beat SC in 83 when they went to STATE!

And who won those games again?

At no time have I argued about who won. Cant dispute facts which is for 13 years in row Carthage has won. The mistakes we have made two of the past three years came at crucial times late in the game and it cost us. Like I said before, the fewest mistakes and timeliness of the mistakes should decide the outcome this year. Both teams are very good and well coached

Somebody please get ron marshall a shirt that doesn't let the bottom of his belly hang out this year please!!! Not only do we look good on this side of the river but we play good too..go big owls

Another classless statement. Sorry we dont look like Ken and Barby like your staff does.