Gordonsville at Smith County

croz6110

I'm leaning the other way, obviously. I don't think the big plays that SC had against White Co will happen against Gordonsville. Smith Co better be able to keep the ball for long drives or this will be the Tigers game.

That being said, Station Camp did show the tigers main weakness on D, out of position db's on passing downs. I think Gordonsville goes 9-1 on the regular season and that one loss is a team that will pass 30 times against us, Friendship. (Thanks to a off season mvp quarterback transfer)

Conditioning for Gordonsville has never been an issue, we've always played on both sides of the ball and will be ready.

Home field advantage in this game, at eithers home field is completely overrated, IMO, because these boys are all playing in front of familiar faces.

On the offensive side: in the jamboree, Gordonsville only showed a running game against Station Camp but it was unstoppable. GHS didnt pass til the backups were in and Watson never kept the ball, considering the play action pass and watson rushing will be big parts of our offense, its safe to say that we were pretty vanilla against station camp.

GHS has the ability to grind it out with ball control or break the big play. I dont know how good SC's defense is but i can guarantee theyll be worn out by the end of Friday nights game.

I look for Ghs to take control after the original burst of adrenaline wears off and avenge last years defeat.

As in the past when Gordonsville went to the STATE in the past, they beat Smith Co., and this year will duplicate itself.

I say Tigers 26 Owls 17.

By the way, i loved beating SC in every sport when i played ball but im not a vendictive Gordonsville alum, just a Gordonsville alum thats a huge sports fan. Wish the best to both teams, hope both sides come out healthy, and hope both win out after this game.

GO TIGERS!

Tiger tradition dont know who you are but I am so glad for the last paragragh you put!!! These echo my sentiments exactly!!!!!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger tradition must have played during the mayfield or Anderson era because that's the only time they won every game they played against SC!! Plus I love the fact that I have never lost to the little boys in blue!!! Oh and congrats the boys in blue for winning a state title back in the 80's how could we ever forget that you won that back then!!! I am sorry but nobody cares what you did back then!! Live in the present not in the past!! The present is now!!! Oh and by the way I have more state titles under my belt than Gville does!! I have been to the show I know what it's like!!!

I wish they would just stop playing! All that happens is talk about 1983 when Gville won a title and how SC never has! And how this is the year!! Well every year now for 14 years has been the year and it has yet to happen! Don't you people in blue get tired of saying the same old stuff every year?

I wish they would just stop playing! All that happens is talk about 1983 when Gville won a title and how SC never has! And how this is the year!! Well every year now for 14 years has been the year and it has yet to happen! Don't you people in blue get tired of saying the same old stuff every year?

Don't you have a defense to coach in Sparta?

Look, some people do mention the whole state title thing, I don't. I was 3 years old, so it wasn't like I was there to see it.

However, talking about saying the same thing every year? "I wish they would just stop playing." I hear that from several posters, but they don't mean it. SC needs to play Gville for the rivalry and the gate, and very seldom is it a non-competitive game. Now, some will say that SC can get games with better gates. I highly doubt it. There are some teams that may bring big gates, but you have to look at the context of the game. The only games that may be bigger gates are playoff games or region championship games against a rival.

Why yes, i do get tired of saying that this is our year. Which is why I'm so looking forward to Friday, when i wont have to say it anymore.

Gordonsville fans have always been optimistic about the teams chances; winning a championship will do that to you. Fyi, its not so much about rubbing it in the faces of teams who've never won, id guess youd still hear about it if Smith Co had five trophies in their trophy case.

That being said; our optimism has been cast toward this season for quite some time. Yes, we shouldve won numerous times over the years when we've had better teams but blew it. Hey, it happens, my ball career in school isnt the only time ive failed. Id like to think it helped with me being successful now.

With 19 to 23 seniors (reports have varied) we have NO excuse this year.

Im counting on them leaving everything on the field this year. (Swaim already has) and as long as they do that, then im proud to be a Tiger.

In the previous post, i was misunderstood about loving when i was on teams that beat Smith Co. Of course with the overall record between the schools in football, it would be all but impossible to have never lost to Smith C., If that were the case, it probably wouldnt have meant as much to beat up on big brother. However, when i was in school (and i only went 4 years, lol) we did beat Smith Co in football, baseball, and both basketballs; not everytime but we did beat them.

Its strange to say this backwards but our goal this year is a state championship so beating Smith Co would just be icing on the cake.

It must suck for the owls to play us every yr and it not matter in whether or not we make the playoffs. The old gold trophy can still say Gordonsville even if its 14-1. Go Tigers!

Guest Termite

idiotgator....you went for the big guns on that one. you get that out of a children's book? and i bet thats how you got your boyfriend huh

POST #2..........WOW again.......man where do you come up with this stuff.icon_lol.gif

theIDIOTgater....well........... if fits better than the self proclaimed "the instigator"...........you can't be "theinstigator" with this lame arse stuff.

Don't you have a defense to coach in Sparta?

Look, some people do mention the whole state title thing, I don't. I was 3 years old, so it wasn't like I was there to see it.

However, talking about saying the same thing every year? "I wish they would just stop playing." I hear that from several posters, but they don't mean it. SC needs to play Gville for the rivalry and the gate, and very seldom is it a non-competitive game. Now, some will say that SC can get games with better gates. I highly doubt it. There are some teams that may bring big gates, but you have to look at the context of the game. The only games that may be bigger gates are playoff games or region championship games against a rival.

Yea I do but I was in my planning period eating lunch!! Lol...I wasn't talking about you croz IMO you are the only one over there with any sense that is not completely blinded with blue goggles! Lol I have said my piece do I am done you guys have a lovely rest of the week!

Guest Termite

Nursie, you are the one sane fan posting lol, even Termie ia borderline these days, too much baseball sunshine l'm guessing. BTW TigerTradition, WELL SAID!

Borderline?????? I still got a little sense.....not much but enought to be considered sane... I think..........

Guest Termite

i just hope the game is better than this thread... bored.gif

Go comb you whiskers snowy.........and get ready for them ridgerunning rednecks coming to COSMOPOLITAN Trousdale Co..