Maryville vs. Alcoa (Official ESPN2 Game Thread)

Red Rebels

Numbers are skewed somewhat as Alcoa dresses freshmen.

Murvil, normally does not.

Thanks for the answer. Now, another question. Where is the visitors locker room this year at MHS? I noticed the Tornadoes came from the corner of the Don Story Athletic Center. Were they just using the shade when I saw them? I'm sure the shade was cooler than a locker room.

Before Scott Meadows came to Alcoa, the Tornadoes had not won a state championship since 1989. Dating back to 2000, they've now won the championship every year but 4.

Not to disparage anyone, but half the posters on this site could have won with the team Meadows had. IMO it was John Reed (sp) who set the table for Rankin by installing discipline and conditioning. Coach Rankin has done a terrific job since.

Thanks for the answer. Now, another question. Where is the visitors locker room this year at MHS? I noticed the Tornadoes came from the corner of the Don Story Athletic Center. Were they just using the shade when I saw them? I'm sure the shade was cooler than a locker room.

I think they dressed in the Aux gym because of the number of players they had...plus it's air conditioned.

Another great game between these two teams.

Some observations:

- Turbyfill (I think that's his name), the safety for Alcoa was EVERYWHERE. What a stud.

- Koko is a stud. I don't look forward to seeing more of him in the future.

- Was that yet another Tyson in the backfield for AHS (the guy with the dreadlocks hanging out of his helmet). Only a sophomore? Geesh.

- The AHS qb was on the money with those bombs

- AHS will win out from this point forward if they stay focused. They were better than their record last year as evidenced by the fight they gave the Rebels.

I was nervous for most of this game. I thought GQ was calling it too conservatively with all the ineffective run plays that he kept calling. It's always a wake up call for me when I sit back at the end and see 42 points on the scoreboard and wonder how I ever could've thought the offense should've been run differently. It felt like he was protecting the QB a little bit but it also served to make the passes so much more effective when they were called. Why do I ever doubt that man???

The turnover on the kickoff was a backbreaker.

I thought this was a great demonstration of high school football in East TN and I'm really glad for all involved that they got this opportunity. Very cool.

Congrats to the " Young Greyrider " on a very well played game ! It's a lot of fun to see this new group of Young Rebels growing up right in front of our eyes . Mr. Nick Myers has made huge strides since last year , and I love the toughness he is now showing . That's the best thing about Coach Quarles , not only are these young Rebels turning into fine Football players , he's turning them all into fine young men also .

FYI

24 hours later after celebrating a marvelous game with this historic event. One item may need to be addressed. The large amount of announcements made during yesterday's game. I can assure you every single announcement was directed from upper management. Even the superintendent relayed an important announcement to be made. Lost articles, vehicles to be moved, safety concerns,health and advertisement announcements are just a part of today's way of doing business and putting on this kind of show for the entire country to enjoy! I do this same job on a different level of sports and I can assure you it can become a bit tedious!

I understand the new and improved stadium has updated speakers which may be a little louder, but our announcer is only doing as he is told. He does a fine job and is a professional. The next game will not be as large of an event with less announcements.

Another great game between these two class schools. I wish both teams well and perehaps this game will be on national television over at Alcoa next year?!

As mentioned, I do not sit in the stands. But, if the speakers are too loud, one can contact the Athletic director and share your concerns with him.

Nick Myers has turned into a good quarterback. He won that game for Maryville. Cody Carroll and TJ Kimble came up big also. On defense Haden Townsend was the man. Maryville showed a lot of guts. Brian Coulter is a headhunter.

Alcoa is a great team. They are very physical. #55 and #74 are monsters that are mean. I knew Alcoa was holding back in the Webb game. Alcoa looks much better passing the ball.

Another great game between these two teams.

Some observations:

- Turbyfill (I think that's his name), the safety for Alcoa was EVERYWHERE. What a stud.

- Koko is a stud. I don't look forward to seeing more of him in the future.

- Was that yet another Tyson in the backfield for AHS (the guy with the dreadlocks hanging out of his helmet). Only a sophomore? Geesh.

- The AHS qb was on the money with those bombs

- AHS will win out from this point forward if they stay focused. They were better than their record last year as evidenced by the fight they gave the Rebels.

I was nervous for most of this game. I thought GQ was calling it too conservatively with all the ineffective run plays that he kept calling. It's always a wake up call for me when I sit back at the end and see 42 points on the scoreboard and wonder how I ever could've thought the offense should've been run differently. It felt like he was protecting the QB a little bit but it also served to make the passes so much more effective when they were called. Why do I ever doubt that man???

The turnover on the kickoff was a backbreaker.

I thought this was a great demonstration of high school football in East TN and I'm really glad for all involved that they got this opportunity. Very cool.

Trenton Schular should be getting 20+ carries a game especially against teams like Alcoa with all that size.

Congrats to the " Young Greyrider " on a very well played game ! It's a lot of fun to see this new group of Young Rebels growing up right in front of our eyes . Mr. Nick Myers has made huge strides since last year , and I love the toughness he is now showing . That's the best thing about Coach Quarles , not only are these young Rebels turning into fine Football players , he's turning them all into fine young men also .

BUMP!

Thanks PEPVOL & REBELRON, We are very proud of him thank you for the compliment. looking forward to Friday. I am very proud of them all , it was freaking hot down there and not a single one of them showed it. Nick Myers , you son are the Field General now ... I want to tell you again what a great job you done under tremendous pressure , I know your family is proud. Bear ( Logan Winders) all I can say is Dah-Nuh-Nuh , Dah-Nuh-Nuh! Great game son and congrats on the brainiac award too.icon_e_geek.gif

Another Pistull Creik Battull inn tha books......

1. Totully differunt stiles......And rilly hit come down two tha teem tha maid tha fewust mistaiks......

b. Alcouh iz so fizzicull and shood win out.....

3. Eye wood like two know what tha purcintige iz ov Mairvul puttin' points on tha bored inn tha GQ era when thay git a stop rite befour haiftime.....(off tha charts)......

4. Luved tha littull slant passes off tha qb-wb read inn tha seccund haif that Myers ran....

e. Eye thawt both MLB's played thair tails off......wif Crenshaw pullin' dubble dooty.......and Townsend maid a lot ov plays givin' up a hundred lbs. agin those big ole AHS linemen.....

popcorneater.gif

I think you could of used me to jump start ol nelliebell , p s tell momma I'm sorry for not saying high because I wascool.png