Livingston Academy @ Smith County

originalSC3

DeKalb-SC and DeKalb-LA will both be very good games. When DeKalb plays their best ball they are going to be dangerous. They have routed teams so far with lots and lots of mistakes. When we clean it up it should be interesting. Last year we had Giles in the first round and were up in that game before losing by a td in the 4th. The LA game last year was awful the weather was awful and the players came out flat and never got into it. This year will be much better.

Remind us again who you played? Sisters of the Blind and The Celina K-8 Team? Get real with that talk there. If you hadn't have blown them out, you'd be a laughing stock. I'm not buying the hype into you beat a team that is even close to relevant. And the weather? HA! I guess all HS stadiums should be equipped with a retractable roof if they DeKalb County is playing.

As for this game, I hate that I will miss it. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at one. However, the keys for LA are simple: can they somehow find the holes in the SC defense and can they limit mistakes? If so, this may be a very fun game to watch. Manning will get chances, the question there is can LA limit those chances?

No predictions though, just hoping for a LA win.

Edited by King21

Remind us again who you played? Sisters of the Blind and The Celina K-8 Team? Get real with that talk there. If you hadn't have blown them out, you'd be a laughing stock. I'm not buying the hype into you beat a team that is even close to relevant. And the weather? HA! I guess all HS stadiums should be equipped with a retractable roof if they DeKalb County is playing.

As for this game, I hate that I will miss it. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at one. However, the keys for LA are simple: can they somehow find the holes in the SC defense and can they limit mistakes? If so, this may be a very fun game to watch. Manning will get chances, the question there is can LA limit those chances?

Last time I checked, I didn't see Stone Memorial in any Top 10 polls.icon_e_wink.gif

Point being we have rested the starters for about as much as we have played them so far. Alot more depth. What team has LA beat thus far that everyone should be convinced of, anyway? Stone Memorial? We will just see what happens later in the season. As for this game it will stay close. Little mistakes will most likely decide it.

SC is a very talented team they have experience in some places and not in others. While LA on the other hand has veterans all across the field. Livingston is supposed to have one of their best teams since '05. LA has 2 good runners in McCoin and Hayes, but not real sure about the passing game. Can't wait for the match up. Go Big Owls

It's gonna be a long night this Friday if SC plays like they did against Gville, especially in the secondary. #27 needs to come out and make a statement this week cause I can guarantee after watching last weeks film LA knows who they are gonna come out and pick on. Gville's strong suit is their line so hopefully this week there will be more pressure on McCoin than there was on Watson in passing situations. If SC can get #25 going early and can prevent the big play on defense I see them winning this one by 10+

Edited by blackandgoldforlife

This should be a good one. LA is very good...and experienced. SC has to limit the mistakes they have made in the first couple of games. McCoin and Hayes are tough. LA is a very physical team as always. I am expecting SC to have a break out game soon. Maybe this wil be it. I think both of these teams and communities have a lot of respect for each other. I enjoy seeing this game every year. I know it will be a tough clean hard nosed slobberknocker of a game.

I think this SC team has the chance to be special. Trying to remember on defense that coach is having to plug in alot of new talent. I was critical of the secondary but we are in the middle of two pretty tough games. When not too many weeks ago, we were expecting to be down this year, we are in the mix once again. The D will continue to improve. The offense seems to be one step behind and needing a direction. We need some balance for sure. I'd like to see the minutes the defense has spent on the field this season so far in two games. Think they will end up good, but hard to call.

It's gonna be a long night this Friday if SC plays like they did against Gville, especially in the secondary. #27 needs to come out and make a statement this week cause I can guarantee after watching last weeks film LA knows who they are gonna come out and pick on. Gville's strong suit is their line so hopefully this week there will be more pressure on McCoin than there was on Watson in passing situations. If SC can get #25 going early and can prevent the big play on defense I see them winning this one by 10+

Secondarys work as a unit. Depending on defensive call the coverage and responsibilities change. Not fair to call out one member. I agree many mistakes were made, but believe me they all weren't by #27. Regardless, I'm sure the situation will be addressed this week. Go owls.

Edited by originalSC3

The hogeyes are not that good. flower.gif

maybe not..but they will be good enough to take care of MC. Just not this week. Night hawks is this week's main course!cool.png

This should be another great game! LA has the potential once again just gotta get it done on the field. Looking forward to it!

GO HOG-EYE!!

Edited by BigDaddy_1