Livingston Academy @ Smith County

originalSC3

SC not only has a running threat with Manning but I think we tend to forget the other back that opens up the run for Manning. Stevenson is a good perimeter runner he really makes the defense respect the sweep. To top that is the throwing ability of Givens. SC has players on the perimeter that can catch and make plays that come through the air. SC by 14. Go Big Owls!!!!!

Edited by OleOwl94

SC not only has a running threat with Manning but I think we tend to forget the other back that opens up the run for Manning. Stevenson is a good perimeter runner he really makes the defense respect the sweep. To top that is the throwing ability of Givens. SC has players on the perimeter that can catch and make plays that come through the air. SC by 14. Go Big Owls!!!!!

Mr. Stevenson catches quite well too, just didn't get the chance to last week. We used half of what we had last week which was frustrating. We played what I think is the best team in 1A and beat them, if we want to go farther in the playoffs we need to do that to top 3a teams, just saying...

If you mean wasting my time with a Hemphead.......your right.

I don't learn much from Miles.......heck, I lived it. It brings back memories. It's the only reason to buy a Courier, that and make sure I ain't in the Obits..

What's your take on this game snowy? I think SC wins, but a close game. ( I'll take a Sc by 7). I'm beginning to think Sc is your #2 team.

Where you going? TC and a supposedly improved JC( TC wins by 14-21), G-ville and FC ( I think FC wins 7-14) or coming to the hole. I'm guessing G-vile, but you do have the Maynord sideline pass......

i don't know enough about livingston to make any type of educated guess. sc is well rounded, the only real critique i could offer is for that strong safety to float over a bit and for the cornerback to open his hips a lot quicker. as far as a score goes, who knows? not me. huh.png

i only really care about 2 tc regular season games. not terribly interested in the livingston game. would probably go watch friendlyship and g-ville but the vols are playing. vfl. gbo.

and you know i can't throw my weight behind sc until i get some good cold weather games, that's a snoballs natural habitat. rolleyes.gif

Jab? I see some of the same things from LA that I saw from G-ville last week...........right down to the colors and mascot.

A QB that can be dangerous, a good RB and a good line. LA has has usually played us tough. I don't expect anything different.

As I understand it, LA is returning a lot from last years team.

You spoke the truth...So did I!

LA plays???? Lets see?? Agood program with a Great coach. A good football atmosphere to play in. Wore Gold uniforms. BUT....

how many years has it been since LA beat SC? Oh yes, WE BEAT LA the year LA won the gold ball. Oh yeah.. we play LArolleyes.gif

A long time since last LA win...too long scoot. SC should have played up in 05 icon_mrgreen.gif While this is a big game, it does not affect either come playoff time!

GO HOG-EYE!!

Edited by BigDaddy_1

I will be suprised if this s not a good game down to the end. Both teams have a great front seven on both sides of the ball. Manning is a great power back. Hayes is a great scamper and ou tof the back field back. Both qb's are very good. I think the difference might be the Linder kid from LA is the best offensive or defensive lineman in the game. Plus SC is run heavy while LA is more of a ballanced offense. The more i think about it, LA 28 SC 17.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I will besuprised if this s not a good game down to the end. Both temas have a great front seven on both sides of the ball. manning is a great power back. Hayes is a great scamper and outof the back field back. Bot qb's are very good. I think the diffrence might be the Linder kid from LA is the best offensive or defensive lineman in the game. Plus SC is run heavy while LA is more of a ballanced offense. The more i think about it, LA 28 SC 17.

The Carter boys as well as Rankin from SC are very dominant on both sides of the ball. SC is able to throw the ball but hasn't needed to because of the dominance of the run game which in turn goes back to the line play.

Mark my words, close game, but the Linder kid will be the best OL and DL on the field. He is legit.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Zac Carter was

named to the preseason all-state team for his position on the offensive line. Zac along with Jalen Manning was named to the preseason all state team for running back. Keep in mind this is the same classification as teams such as CPA, CAK, Alcoa, and Milan. I didn't see Linder's name on any of the preseason all state teams.

Edited by brutal

Mark my words, close game, but the Linder kid will be the best OL and DL on the field. He is legit.

This is not intended as a jab at Gville folks but they said the same thing all week last week about Coen, but when game time rolled around he was nearly non existent except a few plays here and there. I distinctly remember #64 of SC whipping him and driving him 5-8 yards off the ball multiple times. All I am saying is lets watch the game Friday be fire we come to the conclusion of the best OL/DL in this game.

Edited by blackandgoldforlife

The Carter boys as well as Rankin from SC are very dominant on both sides of the ball. SC is able to throw the ball but hasn't needed to because of the dominance of the run game which in turn goes back to the line play.

Where is the beef? Taylor Carter - 257 lbs, Zac Carter - 293 lbs and Matthew Rankin - 305 lbs. All three very quick and physical and strong. Don't know anything about the Linder kid but I do know about the three mentioned above. Bring it on !!!!!!