Top 5 1A schools as of now?

TheNewGuy

It could be a possibility that Gville and SP don't play this year, depending on how the brackets turn out.

If SP goes to Quad 1, it will be tougher for them to get by Greenback this year. GB returns more.

I'll be honest, I've seen SP in person. Johnson is still exceptional, as is Lankford, but a person can tell he's not as happy this year sharing the load with Johnson and Hale.

The line has dropped off as has the defense. The line is athletic and big, but they're young.

They're still a top 4 team and when it gets to that, anything can happen.

If there was a way to put SP, Gville, Greenback and Coalfield in 4 different quads, they would be the last 4 standing.

But at least 2 of these teams will be put out in the quarters, which is a shame.

As for Gordonsville beating FC this year, they would've beat Marion as bad as SP did or worse, and TC was about even with Marion, and it's possible that those two play in the playoffs. That will be a good un.

Either way, we can argue about this forever, and no one's going to win the argument til the teams play.

Signal will be SP's toughest test yet by far...Let's see how we do against Signal, Polk, Boyd, and Knox Grace. Those are 4 tough teams. If we do well with them then we can play with Gordy. Honestly though, their is A LOT of football left to be played. I agree with the Gordonsville poster though who said send them out west and hope for a SP Gordy showdown in the finals.

Edited by powerp

I would argue that neither play any "good" 1 A competition til the 3rd and sometimes 4th rounds of the playoffs. The cream always rises and its usually only 4 or 5 out of 1A.

SP played at Greenback last year in the 2nd round. GV may not have been able to beat Greenback in Greenback last year if they were up for the game like the were for SP.

That a what we have all said we haven't played anyone. But I guarentee you we will be peoples worst nightmare in the playoffs. We don't care who we play. How many other teams can honestly say that

All the 1A teams in the state have nightmares of the Pirates when they lay down at night.

You don't care who you play, but ya'll sure complained about where you played last year, and there's been several that said ya'll would've beat Wayne Co. if ya'll hadn't had played Gville the week before.

Either way the best team won state last year and the best team will win this year.

I can guarantee that most of the teams in the state don't care who they play, even if it is the mighty Pirates.

If traintracks was on here, he'd tell you that you got diarrhea of the mouth. geesh.

Edited by croz6110