GREENEVILLE vs Alcoa

BillyBobby

well last year Scott county played like a flag football team at the local YMCA club so Alcoa wins BIG and the Devils wins BIG also

But come the 21st it's going to be a heck of a game! GO DEVILS !

Nice, real nice, I know there are fans like you everywhere but really? Taking pokes at Scott, a team that can't match either Greeneville or Alcoa in terms of physical ability, but still are in there digging & trying to do what they can. How many kids on Greeneville's roster do you think would still be going to 6:00 AM's & 2 a days, off season workouts, & everything else that these kids do if they were on a team that was in the situation Scott or some of these other schools are in. Can you say you have a signifigant number that would continue to play if trying to go .500 or better is an accomplishment? Or deep down do you think a lot of your talent would either quit to play another sport or transfer somewhere else?

Success is a fickle thing, it can bring out the best or the worst in people, what has it done to you. That is a question only answered by each individual. It kinda reminds me of the old coaches phrase, act like you've been there before. Best of luck to the Devils & Alcoa, I hope both play to the best of their ability & stay injury free.

Nice, real nice, I know there are fans like you everywhere but really? Taking pokes at Scott, a team that can't match either Greeneville or Alcoa in terms of physical ability, but still are in there digging & trying to do what they can. How many kids on Greeneville's roster do you think would still be going to 6:00 AM's & 2 a days, off season workouts, & everything else that these kids do if they were on a team that was in the situation Scott or some of these other schools are in. Can you say you have a signifigant number that would continue to play if trying to go .500 or better is an accomplishment? Or deep down do you think a lot of your talent would either quit to play another sport or transfer somewhere else?

Success is a fickle thing, it can bring out the best or the worst in people, what has it done to you. That is a question only answered by each individual. It kinda reminds me of the old coaches phrase, act like you've been there before. Best of luck to the Devils & Alcoa, I hope both play to the best of their ability & stay injury free.

Crow, you will have to overlook Greeneville fans. I live in Blount County and for the most part, the Maryville fans and the Alcoa fans have handled their success with class. Greeneville, on the other hand, not so much.

Crow, you will have to overlook Greeneville fans. I live in Blount County and for the most part, the Maryville fans and the Alcoa fans have handled their success with class. Greeneville, on the other hand, not so much.

I came very close to making that comparison but didn't want to bring them into my statement as I'm sure it will not go without response. I do agree with your statement though.

Unfortunately a few bad apples can make an entire town look bad. Each team has its own trolls some more then others. 90% of them on here are high school brats that just don't know any better the other 10% just like picking fights. The football program itself at Greeneville is first class though.

This is why everyone loves it when Greeneville loses. The same is true for Signal Mountain and Lexington. They have some fans on here that just can't be classy. Alcoa will try to beat them as badly as possible after last year's contest. I'd say Tornadoes 42-14 when these 2 teams meet next week.

Class are eating fine dining or we playing football?

Can't both be done with class? If you are a superior program & everyone can see that by the level of success you have had then is it necessary to belittle an obviously less successful program that has not or will not be trash talking about how they'll take your team to the wood shed. Scott & similar programs know the odds with them against an Alcoa or Greeneville, they're not proclaiming they are gonna slay the giant. If the conversation is between closely matched programs or a game that has serious play-off implications then sure I can see a little good natured smack talk back & forth between fans but really with the team Greeneville has I just see making comments about programs with less talent very much lacking in class or character. There are programs that are vastly more successful than Greeneville that handle themselves with much more of both than the post you made earlier exibited. Obviously I'm not alone in my thinking but unfortunately you, also, are not alone in yours. No "girl feelings" were hurt by your comments, I just think it displays bad taste & poor character. I apologize for coming onto this thread & hijacking it with this issue. I will leave you all to discuss this topic as you see fit & will keep my opinions elsewhere. Best of luck to both teams.

Edited by crow

Can't both be done with class? If you are a superior program & everyone can see that by the level of success you have had then is it necessary to belittle an obviously less successful program that has not or will not be trash talking about how they'll take your team to the wood shed. Scott & similar programs know the odds with them against an Alcoa or Greeneville, they're not proclaiming they are gonna slay the giant. If the conversation is between closely matched programs or a game that has serious play-off implications then sure I can see a little good natured smack talk back & forth between fans but really with the team Greeneville has I just see making comments about programs with less talent very much lacking in class or character. There are programs that are vastly more successful than Greeneville that handle themselves with much more of both than the post you made earlier exibited. Obviously I'm not alone in my thinking but unfortunately you, also, are not alone in yours. No "girl feelings" were hurt by your comments, I just think it displays bad taste & poor character. I apologize for coming onto this thread & hijacking it with this issue. I will leave you all to discuss this topic as you see fit & will keep my opinions elsewhere. Best of luck to both teams.

Look like I said someone posted the south Greene was a middle school so in a kind about way was taken up for them so if I offended you or your school I am SORRY . And while I was posting this my pinky finger was raised in hope of being CLASSY !

Crow, I agree with your opinions. Every school will have a rude or classless few...but of all the teams, Greeneville definately has the most. Thats not to say they dont have some posters with class and good opinions...cause they do have some. However, there are some on here that make the good Greeneville fans seem really scarce. Trust me though, its not worth the arguement or time with them!