Maryville @ Oak Ridge

tnchad1980

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still dont think Oak Ridge is ready for this game... OR played well against Powell but Powell is not last years team. If you only scored 21 against Powell I dont see OR scoring more than 7 against Maryville if that many...

Ignorant comment. Before the AC game Powell's first team defense had only given up 4 TD's on the season in 4 games. Their defense has been very tough this year. Just because Powell's defense was sleeping against AC does not determine how good Powell's defense is this year. Also, lets not forget Powell's leading tackler who also has 10+ sacks on the year got kicked out of the game in the first half. That makes a difference. Ridge has a good offense and a very good defense. This game will be close unless Oak Ridge decides not to show up or gets intimidated by the name on the opposing teams jersey (I don't see this happening by the way). The team that wins this game will be the team that executes better offensively and defensively, which is usually Maryville, but execution wise Oak Ridge has mirrored Maryville this year. Should be a good game.

Edited by basketball1234

I haven't seen OR play this year, but everything points to them having their best team in several years. The big key, IMO, will be mistakes, and can OR run the football. I thought Alcoa had the perfect recipe to beating this years MHS squad, run the football effectively and mix in some passes to keep them honest.... The best way to defend GQ's offense is keep them on the sidelines. Everything was working fine for Alcoa until.........they made a mistake, then MHS made them pay. If OR can stay away from the big mistake and muster a running game, I think they will keep this one close.....I think for the full four quarters, this will be the best defense Maryville has faced so far this year. I will save prediction for later in the week.

I cant wait for this game and I will be there in person to watch...Both these teams are so well coached and I have respect for both programs...

Any word on prevo? Havent heard anything in a while...i see oak ridge playing tough for three quarters but I think maryville wins by 10..

Prevo did not play at all this past Friday vs. Heritage. They felt no need to risk further injury by playing him in a game that they really didn't need him in. He should be ready to go against the Wildcats.

This game, IMHO, could be Maryville's toughest game this year. OR has to play mistake free football, or else it could end the same way the previous meetings have. I have a feeling that this could be decided by one score, or less.

20-14 Maryville

Gentlemen,

Is there any common opponent for OR/MV that can give us their insights. Did Alcoa scrimmage with OR? I know Maryville scrimmaged AC and CAK and Grace, just hard to get a true read on this match-up.

Anybody have some insights into specific match-up problems for either team? I know Maryville's secondary was questioned early on. I thought West showed what could be done against the Rebels secondary. Yet Maryville prevailed. I guess I am thinking this will be similar to the West game, except Oak Ridge has a better defense, I think?

The breakdown against Farrugut gives this Rebel fan some hope that the Cats can be scored on.