Greenback verses Grace

orngnblk

Don't go away this early. I know some of this stuff is hard to take, it is for us too. You sir, have some of the best posts about GBack. Your kids play, you attend practices. Give us some insight on how GBack can make this years matchup closer than last years. We've got basically the same core teams back, what makes this matchup better than last years?

I'll start, on our side: Last year McKamey ran nuts and wild in the secondary. HUGE game for him. Our line is getting to the same point as last years line, so something BIG is going to have to have changed on GBacks defense, what has changed?

Second: our defense is just as impressive as last years. No, we won't shut out the district this year and keep everyone from scoring a single point on us, Rockwood settled that one n week 3. But, we are solid on defense. I know you guys now have the passing game added to the spread option, that will slow down some of the pursuit, but I'm not sold that its enough. Your thoughts here, please.

Last: your coaching comment was out of line. You can't stand us, and I understand that. The feeling is mutual, I assure you. BUT, Ridge has his skeletons in the closet as well......I have several if you want to go there, but I don't.

If you could give your comments on the football topics I've layer out above, and share your thoughts on GCA this year as well, I would like to hear what a true fan of the program has to say. And I mean this, thanks for being so loyal to your team and community.

Pride,

Thank you for finally bringing it.

GB does NOT like GCA.

GCA does NOT like GB.

Why fight it? At 10:00PM Friday, when GB is looking at a scoreboard reflecting yet ANOTHER blowout loss to GCA, the team, the coaching staff, and most of all, the fans, will understand their place in this rivalry.

Note: I use the word, "rivalry", VERY loosely in reference to the GB/GCA game. The closer we get to Friday, the more I am feeling a high level of comfort about this game being another wood shedder. As I have said from the outset, this game is OVER by halftime.

Bank on it and book 'em, Danno.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't go away this early. I know some of this stuff is hard to take, it is for us too. You sir, have some of the best posts about GBack. Your kids play, you attend practices. Give us some insight on how GBack can make this years matchup closer than last years. We've got basically the same core teams back, what makes this matchup better than last years?

I'll start, on our side: Last year McKamey ran nuts and wild in the secondary. HUGE game for him. Our line is getting to the same point as last years line, so something BIG is going to have to have changed on GBacks defense, what has changed?

Second: our defense is just as impressive as last years. No, we won't shut out the district this year and keep everyone from scoring a single point on us, Rockwood settled that one n week 3. But, we are solid on defense. I know you guys now have the passing game added to the spread option, that will slow down some of the pursuit, but I'm not sold that its enough. Your thoughts here, please.

Last: your coaching comment was out of line. You can't stand us, and I understand that. The feeling is mutual, I assure you. BUT, Ridge has his skeletons in the closet as well......I have several if you want to go there, but I don't.

If you could give your comments on the football topics I've layer out above, and share your thoughts on GCA this year as well, I would like to hear what a true fan of the program has to say. And I mean this, thanks for being so loyal to your team and community.

Oh and by the way-our coaches have more class and dignity than Grace's staff(other than coach Brewster) could ever muster.That wasnt on your comparison list was it?

I don't think his comment was out of line at all.

2 years ago knowing he was coaching against a injury riddled group that was starting a freshman qb 2nd team soph tailback and 3 2nd team db's he kept his foot on the throttle up by 35-40 so and I quote " we had a kid that was close to setting some school records I hope greenback understands this". Why not set them the next week coach? and again last year up 34 with 2:30 left in the game he is throwing it deep not once but twice and just to be sure the world knows he has a severe case of little man syndrome he agrees to a scrimmage with MHS this year assuring them that grace ran a 4-3 defense because that was what MHS see's most of the time and that was what they wanted to work on, gca comes out in a 3-5 and when GQ asks about it the reply was well that is what we run. I will give him this, he spreads it around Greenback and their fans are definitely not the only ones that think his personality is equal to the the bullseye of the south end of a north bound Ram.

Pride, I get that you support your school and Idk if you have kids there now but from my perspective and probably from a lot of peoples around the state, he is just not one that I would want influencing my kids.

Idk if the Cherokees can win it heck I don't know if they can stay in the game but it will be fun to watch one way or the other.

Football- I don't think your line is anywhere near last years but the only time I've seen them play is against CAK

GCA- 24 is a great back but 20 impressed the heck out of me also. I was impressed with #10 as well I believe he plays wr/safety he is a big strong athletic kid. Some people on here have mentioned that gca struggles throwing the ball I think that they don't have to throw it very much and are more than capable if need be.

I think if I had to answer the question as to why this game will be different its because gca will have to defend more people than last year. GB has 3 backs and 3 receiving targets that will have to be stopped and they will all be in the game at the same time most of the time. Also last year on any given Friday night GB started 4 sophomore O-linemen they and a few more are back and are much better than last years bunch.

Edited by matback

Its called working as a team.Crow good luck this week,i have read enough of these silly post that do not require an answer.This should be embarrasing to some of these childish people acting this way trying to get a rise out of some high school kids.I will go watch my boys play their butts off friday night win lose or draw and will be proud of these young men(and girl)no matter what the outcome.This will be my last post on this thread it has went sour pretty quick!Good luck Greenback and hope no injuries to either team.This is something we havnt done all year and thats spout off at the mouth,these boys so far have just taken care of business on the field.I do expect the same come fri.God bless you other Christian folk!Oh and by the way-our coaches have more class and dignity than Grace's staff(other than coach Brewster) could ever muster.That wasnt on your comparison list was it?

Class, Grace and Sportsmanship.... Coach's , players and fans..... This is what Greenback shows and Grace lacks. I truly hope that not only do the Refs let the boys play without being one sided but that Grace does not show its classic "Graceless-ness" . Well said Orngnblk.... It is sad that some just feel the need to "spout" to build themselves up and behave in a childish and bullying manner. Go 'Kees!!!

Oh and by the way-our coaches have more class and dignity than Grace's staff(other than coach Brewster) could ever muster.That wasnt on your comparison list was it?

I don't think his comment was out of line at all.

2 years ago knowing he was coaching against a injury riddled group that was starting a freshman qb 2nd team soph tailback and 3 2nd team db's he kept his foot on the throttle up by 35-40 so and I quote " we had a kid that was close to setting some school records I hope greenback understands this". Why not set them the next week coach? and again last year up 34 with 2:30 left in the game he is throwing it deep not once but twice and just to be sure the world knows he has a severe case of little man syndrome he agrees to a scrimmage with MHS this year assuring them that grace ran a 4-3 defense because that was what MHS see's most of the time and that was what they wanted to work on, gca comes out in a 3-5 and when GQ asks about it the reply was well that is what we run. I will give him this, he spreads it around Greenback and their fans are definitely not the only ones that think his personality is equal to the the bullseye of the south end of a north bound Ram.

Pride, I get that you support your school and Idk if you have kids there now but from my perspective and probably from a lot of peoples around the state, he is just not one that I would want influencing my kids.

Idk if the Cherokees can win it heck I don't know if they can stay in the game but it will be fun to watch one way or the other.

Football- I don't think your line is anywhere near last years but the only time I've seen them play is against CAK

GCA- 24 is a great back but 20 impressed the heck out of me also. I was impressed with #10 as well I believe he plays wr/safety he is a big strong athletic kid. Some people on here have mentioned that gca struggles throwing the ball I think that they don't have to throw it very much and are more than capable if need be.

I think if I had to answer the question as to why this game will be different its because gca will have to defend more people than last year. GB has 3 backs and 3 receiving targets that will have to be stopped and they will all be in the game at the same time most of the time. Also last year on any given Friday night GB started 4 sophomore O-linemen they and a few more are back and are much better than last years bunch.

I get the fact that Greenback is still mad about that game 2 years ago. They did have a couple of injuries, but, you can't come to play what could have been the final game of GCA's season and expect GCA to feel sorry for a school that hates us. Ridge chose to rest most of his starters to protect them for the playoffs. You asked why Coach McKamey didn't wait until the next week to try to get a couple of kids over the 1000 yd mark. Greenback was our final game of the season in 2010. We were still waiting for approval from TSSAA to host a bowl game at time of the GBack game, so there wasn't a "next week" for those kids.

Good insight on the game. Almost felt like a couple of productive posts.

I used "signees" because "prospects" is nearly impossible to quantify. Anyone can be a "prospect" if his parents say he is. The only way to verify, is to look at signees, and see how that compares. If a team claims to have multiple "prospects" one would think there would be at least one "signee," at least occassionally. Since there are rarely signees that come from Single A, then it's also fairly safe to say there are also very few legitimate D1 prospects.

See?

The real point I think you're trying to make is that Greenback doesn' t have any talent. If that's what you're saying, then just come out and say it. This whole "D1 prospects" thing is your way of trying to be snarky, isn't it?

I get the fact that Greenback is still mad about that game 2 years ago. They did have a couple of injuries, but, you can't come to play what could have been the final game of GCA's season and expect GCA to feel sorry for a school that hates us. Ridge chose to rest most of his starters to protect them for the playoffs. You asked why Coach McKamey didn't wait until the next week to try to get a couple of kids over the 1000 yd mark. Greenback was our final game of the season in 2010. We were still waiting for approval from TSSAA to host a bowl game at time of the GBack game, so there wasn't a "next week" for those kids.

Good insight on the game. Almost felt like a couple of productive posts.

Feeling sorry for and having an inkling of class are two different things.

As for the question about D1 prospects GB don't have any and I have no idea if gca does or not. Pride where did the big DE that played a couple of years ago go? and also the wr/db from last year #4?

Feeling sorry for and having an inkling of class are two different things.

As for the question about D1 prospects GB don't have any and I have no idea if gca does or not. Pride where did the big DE that played a couple of years ago go? and also the wr/db from last year #4?

DE went to Yale and Minga #4 went to University of the Cumberlands

Edited by bigdaddykane34

Talking to the Cloudland boys and they were really impressed with the Kees.Not only in they're ability to play football ,but in the ability to show class while doing so. Greenback made some fans. Hats off to the Greenback Coaches ,parents ,fans and kids.

Thanks for the great post pujo, you're a good man.,I am impressed by posts made by the teams that Greenback has played this season, all positive.Last year at Cloudland, Home and visitors all sit together and got along great.Greenback managed to win,but it could have been anybody's game.The Cloudland boys are great kids and the folks that live in that area are my kind of people ,being a native of the Cosby area I can relate to them.Coach Ridge was a winner as a Wrestling coach ,now as the head football coach,My Grandsons has great respect for Coach Ridge as a coach and as a Math teacher ,all the coaching staff at Greenback are doing a great job.