South Pittsburg against Whitwell, Reclassification and Consolidation

Roy Dillard

If SP is little brother to MC with more wins in series and more state champ appearances as well as titles then the little brother was just blessed with better genes over the past 50 years.

Lookout Valley is little brother to Howard then. You get more players from there than SP has ever gotten from jasper. Welcome back btw icon_e_wink.gif

Thanks

Guest Purplepastry

Pastry you aren't familiar with the situation I was referring to. But that's ok. Lol. Actually yeah I do know what I'm talking about as far as a few threats go. It concerns a couple of Tigers and a Pirate whom I know very well. So it's not a widespread team thing. I expect it'll be handled on the field. Like I said I hope both teams come through without injuries. Whitwell doesn't have much depth due to a small number of players, but they actually have more seniors than I realized because all I've been hearing from some of them is how many freshmen they have. They seem to have struggled with finding stability at the quarterback position so far this year between Tate and Havis. They need to let Ben Petty get a few boys out of the hallways and onto the field playing football. And our Pirates don't need any injuries going into the latter stretch of our schedule. And btw, it should be an interesting game to watch there in Jasper tonight, Purp.

I hear ya. All I was saying is that there are always these kind of threats and usually they come to nothing because they are coming from weak sisters. Players and their team around them know how to protect themselves from threating sissies and I expect nothing different in this game.

You mentioned the WHS quaterback shuffle. If a coach can't see that 5 is the better of the two then God help, him. I thought it smelled fishy that they moved him from QB.

You mentioned the WHS quaterback shuffle. If a coach can't see that 5 is the better of the two then God help, him. I thought it smelled fishy that they moved him from QB.

I dont think there was anything fishy about it.... I think they were going to try to rely on their RB's mostly and let the young guy develop this year. He is either Freshman or Sophomore. Havis is clearly better at this point but still not where you want your QB to be. I think the whole idea made sense for the long term but it finally came down to them having to go back to Havis b/c the running game isn't enough to carry the offense.

Jashawn has arrived!!!!

... Honestly I'm excited about the game tonight, but it's more of a general football excitement. I think everyone on both sides of the field knows what to expect out of tonights game.

Whitwell just seems to always lack all the pieces to the puzzle. I can say that they finally put Havis back at QB last week and I could clearly see an improvement in the balance of the offense but it's still not "really good" by any means. I hate talking bad about my team but it's just the way it is. The Tigers just haven't had enough talent for so many years. We'll have a few really good guys out there but not enough to play as one whole "good" team. I finally like our head coach and think he's got a really good idea of how to run this team, but I'm frustrated that he can't really do a lot with what he's got. Dont get me wrong, I'm not bashing the players. It's not that I think they just aren't good, because some of them are really good (especially our RB's), we just dont have the numbers plus the talent.

Anyway, I'm getting too negative here.... Official predition... SP 64 WHS 0

Whitwell will get discouraged after a few scores and it will get ugly.... Here's to hoping I'm wrong

Maybe those good rbs will come ten miles down the road

Hey sportman...can you or PP text me updates on the score? Me and PirateMike are going up to watch Grace and Greenback.

Yes I'll get powerp or pegleg to keep you updated. I'm to slow on the phone and by the time I get thru typing one score I'm sure we'd already have scored again!!!Yall keep us updated to. I'll be around those guys allnight. BTW I don't have your number. I hope one of those other ones do.