Westview vs Milan

Rellim51

Not trying to start a big fight or argument, but I doubt that the main reason that USJ went D.II is because they "couldn't beat Milan in football". In almost all other sports, USJ would own Milan year in and year out (girls/boys basketball, soccer, baseball, softball, tennis etc)... I highly doubt because they got beat down by Milan in football is the main reason they went to D.II. If they were playing in 13AA still, people would be complaining that they should be in D.II.

They never played in 13AA.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to start a big fight or argument, but I doubt that the main reason that USJ went D.II is because they "couldn't beat Milan in football". In almost all other sports, USJ would own Milan year in and year out (girls/boys basketball, soccer, baseball, softball, tennis etc)... I highly doubt because they got beat down by Milan in football is the main reason they went to D.II. If they were playing in 13AA still, people would be complaining that they should be in D.II.

So your saying that they were dominate in every other sport but football, so why would they move to Div ll.

Because we all know football is not the most popular high school sport in west tn.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you will not get a call to be a campaign strategist.

Football drives the bus, maybe not at GC, but most other places.

usj does not have a football championship yet...BPM...i do not wish to "trash" ur boys...i have never heard of anything blatantly awful about any one of ur players...95% of ur fans are courteous...a lil over the top...but usually respectful...game day smack is always allowed...has south gibson even played a true 4A school yet??? they have yet to play covington either year right...SG scrimmaged liberty...did not go SGs way...and liberty is playing some pretty bad ball right now...so tell me once again why it would make sense for SG to go to 4A ball...SG this year is like Chester Co was last year...the question is...can they sustain and even excel from this point fwd...i hope they do...but im tired of some joker raggin on another school because hes jealous for one reason or another

swing dont go around knockin other divisions that u dont have a clue about...i would venture to say the champ in any division no matter the class would end up with a W against any other team in west TN that didnt play for a gold ball...usj has 320 students...how many does milan have...just curious

and finally...alcoa absolutely destroyed 4AA 2 time defending champs and 3 time repeat finalist greeneville...and greeneville will most likely make it back to the ship this season...alcoa did beat knox webb 14-7...now...please...oh pretty please...tell me how weak that division II is...remember usj beat webb in the semis last year by 3 TDs

So your saying that they were dominate in every other sport but football, so why would they move to Div ll.

Because we all know football is not the most popular high school sport in west tn.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you will not get a call to be a campaign strategist.

Football drives the bus, maybe not at GC, but most other places.

Actually, athletic programs as a whole make very little to no extra money by the time travel expenses, coaches, equipment and all the extras that go with it are paid out. Go ask your athletic director how much money they clear each year by the time all the money is forked out to run athletic programs. You will find out that your bulldog football program pulls all the dead weight for the rest of your athletic programs as basketball pulls all the weight at Gibson. Ive never been a Milan hater, but you guys are making it out as if you knocked USJ to division 2. Possibly USJ saw an advantage by playing in D2. Like I said, if they were still playing in a public school system, then you guys would be complaining that they recruit. It's obviously a no win situation for USJ, huh? Lol

Actually, athletic programs as a whole make very little to no extra money by the time travel expenses, coaches, equipment and all the extras that go with it are paid out. Go ask your athletic director how much money they clear each year by the time all the money is forked out to run athletic programs. You will find out that your bulldog football program pulls all the dead weight for the rest of your athletic programs as basketball pulls all the weight at Gibson. Ive never been a Milan hater, but you guys are making it out as if you knocked USJ to division 2. Possibly USJ saw an advantage by playing in D2. Like I said, if they were still playing in a public school system, then you guys would be complaining that they recruit. It's obviously a no win situation for USJ, huh? Lol

Money is not an issue at USJ and you should tell the clown, that you jumped in here to

help out, that USJ does have a football state title in Div. ll A.

You say "you guys"..... who are you referring to??? Only 1 person is making that arguement about Milan forcing USJ to Div 2.

usj does not have a football championship yet...BPM...i do not wish to "trash" ur boys...i have never heard of anything blatantly awful about any one of ur players...95% of ur fans are courteous...a lil over the top...but usually respectful...game day smack is always allowed...has south gibson even played a true 4A school yet??? they have yet to play covington either year right...SG scrimmaged liberty...did not go SGs way...and liberty is playing some pretty bad ball right now...so tell me once again why it would make sense for SG to go to 4A ball...SG this year is like Chester Co was last year...the question is...can they sustain and even excel from this point fwd...i hope they do...but im tired of some joker raggin on another school because hes jealous for one reason or another

swing dont go around knockin other divisions that u dont have a clue about...i would venture to say the champ in any division no matter the class would end up with a W against any other team in west TN that didnt play for a gold ball...usj has 320 students...how many does milan have...just curious

and finally...alcoa absolutely destroyed 4AA 2 time defending champs and 3 time repeat finalist greeneville...and greeneville will most likely make it back to the ship this season...alcoa did beat knox webb 14-7...now...please...oh pretty please...tell me how weak that division II is...remember usj beat webb in the semis last year by 3 TDs

Greenville is a solid team, but will not play for the title. East Hamilton or Giles Co. will be there.

I'd like to see USJ vs Milan every year. They're the most consistent, top programs in West TN from the last 20 years. Plus, USJ always has trouble in big games against great power running teams, and the same goes for Milan against good passing attacks. That game would really help both teams come playoff time IMO.

I stand corrected, I thought USJ won last year, dhstennis is still a clown!

imagine that...swingjuice spouting garbage...SSDD...please continue with the clown thing...i enjoy putting u in ur place

Kublah agreed...would be a fantastic game...usj is much improved over the last 5 years

BPM...im thinkin giles will go west this year...into quad 3...and i disagree entirely on east ham...they havent beaten anyone of merit to this point...dont get caught up in that 1st game vs signal mountain...SM is not a quality 4A school...they dont have a defense...never have...still dont...

I'd like to see USJ vs Milan every year. They're the most consistent, top programs in West TN from the last 20 years. Plus, USJ always has trouble in big games against great power running teams, and the same goes for Milan against good passing attacks. That game would really help both teams come playoff time IMO.

Id go to that game every year for sure