Dobyns-Bennett vs. Sullivan Central

LGVol

04 - Same for Sullivan South?

I would think so. I couldn't see the TSSAA putting Central or South in the BRAC playing Greene Couny schools when they have several 3A schools located closer to them. Although it is the TSSAA.

Provided they drop down and all of the other schools stay in the same class it would look like this:

4A Central, South, East

3A Elizabethton, North, Johnson County, Happy Valley, Unicoi County

I've heard from other posters on here mentioning Greeneville possibly moving over to the 3 Rivers. I have no idea if they intend to do that or if TSSAA would even allow it if both Central and South drop to 4A.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think so. I couldn't see the TSSAA putting Central or South in the BRAC playing Greene Couny schools when they have several 3A schools located closer to them. Although it is the TSSAA.

Provided they drop down and all of the other schools stay in the same class it would look like this:

4A Central, South, East

I've heard from other posters on here mentioning Greeneville possibly moving over to the 3 Rivers. I have no idea if they intend to do that or if TSSAA would even allow it if both Central and South drop to 4A.

It would be more competitive for Greeneville to come to the Three Rivers and it would help the BRAC be much more even top to bottom, but I dont see it happening. Who would the Greene County schools complain about then? icon_e_wink.gif kidding.

If Sullivan South joins the Three Rivers, there would be a power shift in the conference. North is having a good run now but I dont see them competing with South on a regular basis, even though I'm sure some people believe differently and may voice it. They believed in '08 as well. I remember the game in 2008 when there was a good bit of pregame "talk" as North rolled into South with a 6-1 record (losing only to TN High by 3. Wins over Crockett, East, Central, and a couple SW VA weaklings). It was pointed out to me then that the Raiders were fired up, believing, and wouldn't shake hands at the coin toss. Big mistake with the 2008 Rebels and Coach Carter. 48 points later, attitudes were changed in a couple hours. To me it looks like it will be South and Betsy fighting for that top spot year in and year out, with North a solid third. Interesting. I don't see Central making much impact but they certainly will have more opportunities to be competitve and to win some games. Cougars need the move the most.

I'm guessing Cherokee would move east to the Big whatever it is or would be and Region 1.

Edited by Pudding

I bet this thread will be on page #2 by Wednesday. But, congratulations to some of the bottom dwellers of the conference for unexpected improvements this year. Its good to see Volunteer and Central getting bettet. And Crockett put 52 on the board last Friday. ROLL TRIBE

You were 100% correct. I had to wait 'till Thursday to bump this thread back to page one so as not to rain on your parade.

4A Central, South, East

rumors round here is that greeneville would be moving to the 3 rivers, and that they would get South and central, while we picked up GP. That would stack the 3 rivers tho with Betsy, Greeneville, South, and North. Off season around the TSSAA should be interesting.

DB will score 60 plus. They can't hold back in this one even with continuous clock. DB 63 SC 7

Man I hate this. Games like this really hurts DB. Theres no way you can improve your team playing in a game like this. And then they got David Crockett. No offence to these two teams but DB would learn more by staying home on Friday night for practice.

It would be more competitive for Greeneville to come to the Three Rivers and it would help the BRAC be much more even top to bottom, but I dont see it happening. Who would the Greene County schools complain about then? icon_e_wink.gif kidding.

If Sullivan South joins the Three Rivers, there would be a power shift in the conference. North is having a good run now but I dont see them competing with South on a regular basis, even though I'm sure some people believe differently and may voice it. They believed in '08 as well. I remember the game in 2008 when there was a good bit of pregame "talk" as North rolled into South with a 6-1 record (losing only to TN High by 3. Wins over Crockett, East, Central, and a couple SW VA weaklings). It was pointed out to me then that the Raiders were fired up, believing, and wouldn't shake hands at the coin toss. Big mistake with the 2008 Rebels and Coach Carter. 48 points later, attitudes were changed in a couple hours. To me it looks like it will be South and Betsy fighting for that top spot year in and year out, with North a solid third. Interesting. I don't see Central making much impact but they certainly will have more opportunities to be competitve and to win some games. Cougars need the move the most.

I'm guessing Cherokee would move east to the Big whatever it is or would be and Region 1.

Wow...that description sounds eerily like my memory of the '06 DB vs South game...a bunch of talk coming in and then they actually kicked off . Bloodbath.

Oh yeah... DB won 44-0 :D

Game Day!!!

I am guessing the Indians offense will not be stopped much, if any ...and not stopped at all in the first half. Central's defense does blitz non stop so they could make a big play or 2 on Defense and the Cougars Offense may score a time or 2. THE DB DUO will continue their highlight reel season tonight.

DB has scored 5 TD's in the first half of 3 Games and 6 TD's in the first half of 2 games, so I say they even that out and lead 42-07 at halftime. The clock runs and DB may get a couple of other scores, but you have to hurry with that clock getting into gear late.

KINGSPORT 56

BLOUNTVILLE 07

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

Cougars looking forward to the enrollment reclassification fo sho.

Coach Clark, play those starters a few of series and try some new ideas on O for the future, then let the non-starters and underclassmen get some minutes, please. How bad would it be if DB beats Central by 50 but lose Swafford or Foremen to an injury. Just sayin',,,, pray not.

Can't sit a guy because your scared he might get hurt. If somebodys going to get an injury their going to get a injury. It could happen walking out the front door. What are you going to do. I would like to see East at QB the entire first half though. The next two weeks would be a good time to bring him up to speed. Maybe Holt also. I have no question Forman is good to go at QB.