South Pittsburg against Boyd (Grider against this Reynolds man)

Roy Dillard

First I want to say congrats to Boyd for winning. Ya'll have a good line like I knew. Second, I question our play calling like always in big time games. We come out in the wildcat and everything but the wingT on the first series. We got guys confused and not knowing how to line up. We are fumbling balls. Definitly not playing like a number 1 team or even a top 5 team. Then it gets better. After we have tried time and time again to run it up the middle on their huge linemen and it failed several times we got a great idea. Hey, we have a very fast running back. Probably one of the fastest in 1a or 2a. Lets toss him the ball or give him a stretch play and see what happens. We could run outside on them all night long but we chose to run right into the teeth of their D. Really? Defense played better in second half. I don't know what was wrong tonight it was like we were not even there. No life in us at all and Boyd was sure energized they knew it was a big game. If we do not give any better effort than that we could very well in the regular season 6-4. Very disappointing loss. Congrats to little man he showed his great speed. Had to have over 200 yards rushing against a good bucs defense.Good thing is this team can choose what they want to do with the rest of their season. They can choose to quit and lay down and get ready for basketball or get some life in them and make a run.

Defense got you beat tonight...not offense.

Defense got you beat tonight...not offense.

True. In position just can't wrap up and tackle. My point was we could have scored with them. I knew when they got the fumbled punt on the first drive we were in for a long night. They beat us plain and simple. Boyd, Grace, or Friendship will win 2a.

We lost plain an simple. We didn't show up only little man showed up on offense and only stone on defense. I see us at 6-4 losing 2nd round

I give all the credit to Boyd's defense. It doesnt matter what our coaches called they were getting penetration all night. Im sure our players came out with the right mindset. Its hard to execute when your playing a team that is more physical on both sides of the ball.

First I want to say congrats to Boyd for winning. Ya'll have a good line like I knew. Second, I question our play calling like always in big time games. We come out in the wildcat and everything but the wingT on the first series. We got guys confused and not knowing how to line up. We are fumbling balls. Definitly not playing like a number 1 team or even a top 5 team. Then it gets better. After we have tried time and time again to run it up the middle on their huge linemen and it failed several times we got a great idea. Hey, we have a very fast running back. Probably one of the fastest in 1a or 2a. Lets toss him the ball or give him a stretch play and see what happens. We could run outside on them all night long but we chose to run right into the teeth of their D. Really? Defense played better in second half. I don't know what was wrong tonight it was like we were not even there. No life in us at all and Boyd was sure energized they knew it was a big game. If we do not give any better effort than that we could very well in the regular season 6-4. Very disappointing loss. Congrats to little man he showed his great speed. Had to have over 200 yards rushing against a good bucs defense.Good thing is this team can choose what they want to do with the rest of their season. They can choose to quit and lay down and get ready for basketball or get some life in them and make a run.

I got to disagree we had the outside shut down until SP started running up the middle. That opened up the outside for the TD. Regardless good luck to the Pirates ill will pullin for y'all the rest of the year

First I said I would man up and take my crow with BBQ! SP just got hit in the mouth. As usual this team just cant beat a physical team. Secondly I was wrong... dead wrong! I drank the Kool aid I guess...This SP team just physically got whipped tonight. Bucs are much stronger team and it showed. This SP team just looks very weak. Their linebackers try to arm tackle and got ran through by Boyd's backs. Boyd did nothing special just hard nosed physical football. Boyd was technically sound as always and our defense or lack of is just..........It just sucks...I told my buddy and he agreed that its the worst defense I can remember in over 20 years for the Pirates. They aren't disciplined at all and it looks like they just line up and play yard football and just go. Boyd is exactly what i thought they would be...I just didnt think they would slow our offense as down as much..It could've been a tight game had SP capitalized on those missed fumbles and took care of the football their self but it just wasn't meant to be. Boyd has a good chance this year IF they can beat FCS...You guys will struggle against a team with sound defense though with the lack of big play guys on offense but your defense will give you a chance.

SP...well.....There is always next year....Can't put everything on one game but this team is going to get BEAT DOWN by Gordonsville. The Ambassador has proved all (including myself) the moronic SP fans wrong...This team is not very good. It will be a accomplishment if they can split these two last games and not get embarrassed in round 2....They are just not a contender this year....Venom is served....That is all

We lost plain an simple. We didn't show up only little man showed up on offense and only stone on defense. I see us at 6-4 losing 2nd round

Yes I agree...SP is just weak and it really showed just how weak tonight. That fullback wasn't very big and just ran through guys...SP just has a pitiful defense...I say they go 7-3 and beat Polk if their main guy is still hurt..Otherwise 6-4...Still going to get pounded in the ground when they play the Gmen in 2nd round....Reality has set it....SP just isn't very good...They should just give it to Johnson every play...Hands and shoulders above the rest