South Pittsburg against Boyd (Grider against this Reynolds man)

Roy Dillard

BOYD GOT THE W THATS ALL THAT MATTERS

. BUT SP WON THE 2 HALF AND THATS ENCORAGING TO ME. BOYD SCORED ONLY ONCE IN 2ND HALF. DEFENSE EVER SHOWS UP FOR A FULL GAME AND I FEEL SORRY FOR THE TEAM THERE PLAYING. GOOD LUCK TO THE BUCS WERE PULLING FOR YOU GUYS TO ALSO GET THE GOLD BALL! HOPEFULLY A FEW TEAMS WILL OVER LOOK SP NOW THAT SP HAS 2 LOSSES. ONE MORE THING QUDOS TO THE REFS LAST NIGJT. THEY LET THE BOYS PLAY.

Dave I dont think any team with a coaching staff worth thier salt will ever and i mean never ever overlook the Pirates. Ya'll have such a strong tradition and just might be in a rebuilding mode for once. Ya'll have given out alot of whippins in the past decades so folks will be looking for a little retribution but no one will over look the boys in orange and black. Count on that.

Dave I dont think any team with a coaching staff worth thier salt will ever and i mean never ever overlook the Pirates. Ya'll have such a strong tradition and just might be in a rebuilding mode for once. Ya'll have given out alot of whippins in the past decades so folks will be looking for a little retribution but no one will over look the boys in orange and black. Count on that.

thumb[1].gif

Geno said it and was right on target. SP came out like they didnt want to be on the field. Little or no emotion. Very embarrassing fitst half!. We had some upset over traveling for the playoffs. Really they need to travel and they need to play everyweek if off weeks do that to them! But like youand yours i will still support them GO PIRATES!. Still hoping for that rematch good luck! Edited by CHICKENDAVE

Your nephews misinformed you. The team practiced Tuesday-Thursday during the off week. We then practiced every morning this week because of fall break. Thanks

your right information can be misconstrued so if thats the case i was wrong and my apolgies! Edited post to reflect that! THANKS! Edited by CHICKENDAVE

A muffed Pirate punt return led to the first Boyd TD. A fumbled Pirate snap (even though Stone recovered it) led to a Pirate punt which led to the second Boyd TD. A Pirate off-sides penalty led to a Pirate punt which led to the third Boyd TD. We picked up steam in the second half, but too little too late. Poor defense took it's toll, but mistakes is what killed us.

Don't forget about the offsides when Boyd was lined up on 4th down for a field goal. However, the defense forced Boyd to punt several times. The offense couldn't keep the chains moving because of some of the worst OL play I have ever seen from a Pirate football team. The backs had very little blocking.