South Pittsburg against Boyd (Grider against this Reynolds man)

Roy Dillard

Somehow, someway this team has to regroup and pull it together. They still need to get better and work hard each week. Bottom line is even after getting whooped they will still have a shot at winning the ultimate prize although it will very tough. Getting beat like that in a weird way might actually help us somehow.

Powerp, what kind of mess is this? I tried to tell you that Reynolds man was going to doubleteam that Stone boy since was the best tackler in the area and Grider did not listen. We have played 2 good teams this year and got beat both times. I garuntee you that Marshall man and that Ridge man will get this tape and run the same plays this Reynolds man did last night. You think im joking but im not.

Tough luck Pirates. Too much stress at Marion/CB game for me to slip away to watch any of this game live. Did anyone else notice in paper yesterday that 8 of 9 TFP sports gurus had the Pirates, a once beaten 1A team, picked to beat Boyd, an unbeated top ranked 2A team. Just shows what kind of respect this SP team commands locally and statewide. That hasn't changed. Boyd was simply better and bigger this year. Regroup, refocus and get ready for these two upcoming games, both huge. Pirates can win both but it'll take a total team effort to get it done. Schedule was no friend to SP this year.

Tis the day after this ballgame

And all thru my house

We're all eating crow

Especially my Spouse!!

HaHaHa

Congratulations to the Boyd Bucs.Yall got a mighty fine team.

I do believe yall shall bring home the 2a Gold ball.

Not because you beat the Pirates but because I believe you are the best team in 2a.

I've said it before and I'll say it again

Your Redemption Draweth Nigh!!

Ya know what I mean?!?!!

We got whooped plain and simple.

Just manhandled up front on lineplay.

Buc players were playing in our backfield all night long.

SP it's gut check time..whatcha gonna do? I still have faith!Let's get back to work!

Still lots to play for and lots to accomplish!We can do it!

I enjoyed the banter on this thread, reaction,Buc55 and all the Boyd faithful.

Yall excuse me while I go throwup!! LOL!

Tis the day after this ballgame

And all thru my house

We're all eating crow

Especially my Spouse!!

HaHaHa

Congratulations to the Boyd Bucs.Yall got a mighty fine team.

I do believe yall shall bring home the 2a Gold ball.

Not because you beat the Pirates but because I believe you are the best team in 2a.

I've said it before and I'll say it again

Your Redemption Draweth Nigh!!

Ya know what I mean?!?!!

We got whooped plain and simple.

Just manhandled up front on lineplay.

Buc players were playing in our backfield all night long.

SP it's gut check time..whatcha gonna do? I still have faith!Let's get back to work!

Still lots to play for and lots to accomplish!We can do it!

I enjoyed the banter on this thread, reaction,Buc55 and all the Boyd faithful.

Yall excuse me while I go throwup!! LOL!

+1

Old Pirate says "CONGRATS" to the Bucs on the "W".....It wasn't too difficult to predict a Buc win with them returning the majority of what OP still considers the best in 2A last year. The Buc line was the obvious difference on both sides of the ball. OP would like to send a special congrats to # 15 who was the work horse for the Buc offense and rarely if ever failed to not get positive yardage after contact- Great effort youngun!

The Pirates have work to do and hopefully a whipping like they got will somehow help them down the road. The game for the Pirates was a major case of ear holing by the Bucs and the poor execution by the Pirates with multiple fumbles & senseless penalities. This feud was won by the superior team and for the Pirates to win they needed to play as well as they could and not give up anything cheap and failed. Enough of the negatives and on to the positives. The Pirates after falling behind in the 1st quarter 21-0 continued to fight for a full 4 quarters and had chances to make the score closer. OP says "CONGRATS" to the Pirates for not quitting and as you all have seen the sun came up this morning even after a huge loss. The road for the Pirates ahead ain't going to get any easier with the Wildcats from Polk and hosting them Grace folkes from Knoxville. The focus needs to be the Wildcats and work to eliminate the senseless mental mistakes that continue to haunt the team in close games.

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Boyd exposed SP tonight, but yeah that should have been a TD. Its normal for him to have runs like that believe it or not. Your are right on the money with he cant do it alone. We are going to have to find a way to keep the defense honest with some QUICK passes and I mean QUICK. Jake doesnt have much time to throw back there.

Bingo................NC2, The Pirates need a real passing game and putting Littleman in a slot and throwing to him 99% of the time don't take a genius to figure out where it's going. The spread in previous years did keep opposing teams more honest. The Blevins youngun # 22 & #24 could be real forces as receivers and #24 is tough to tackle. There is going to be a time when every team needs a 2 minute drill and the Pirates ain't had one since D. Wilson, not that it would have mattered much in this one but could have come in handy on the last drive of the 1st half. Point here is simple, teams are going to be able to slow the running game down and a passing game and in our case a quick passing game is a must to be successful! Edited by OLD PIRATE

A muffed Pirate punt return led to the first Boyd TD. A fumbled Pirate snap (even though Stone recovered it) led to a Pirate punt which led to the second Boyd TD. A Pirate off-sides penalty led to a Pirate punt which led to the third Boyd TD. We picked up steam in the second half, but too little too late. Poor defense took it's toll, but mistakes is what killed us.

A muffed Pirate punt return led to the first Boyd TD. A fumbled Pirate snap (even though Stone recovered it) led to a Pirate punt which led to the second Boyd TD. A Pirate off-sides penalty led to a Pirate punt which led to the third Boyd TD. We picked up steam in the second half, but too little too late. Poor defense took it's toll, but mistakes is what killed us.

Old Pirate says the terrible........OL play was once again displayed similar to the WHITWELL game was the major problem with the offense & then throw in the miscues you have the recipe for failure. The D performed well enough (265 total yds) considering their situation with field position. Botttom line.....the OL performs poorly the majority of the time. Edited by OLD PIRATE

BOYD GOT THE W THATS ALL THAT MATTERS

. BUT SP WON THE 2 HALF AND THATS ENCORAGING TO ME. BOYD SCORED ONLY ONCE IN 2ND HALF. DEFENSE EVER SHOWS UP FOR A FULL GAME AND I FEEL SORRY FOR THE TEAM THERE PLAYING. GOOD LUCK TO THE BUCS WERE PULLING FOR YOU GUYS TO ALSO GET THE GOLD BALL! HOPEFULLY A FEW TEAMS WILL OVER LOOK SP NOW THAT SP HAS 2 LOSSES. ONE MORE THING QUDOS TO THE REFS LAST NIGJT. THEY LET THE BOYS PLAY.