Farragut at Maryville

MHS82

Jake, are you kidding me? Farragut play calling? Farragut just hung 41 on Maryville, 34 against their ones. I'd say the play calling was pretty spot on. Farragut doesn't change their offense much, they may adjust the way their blocking scheme some but the coaches know what the team does best. I'm no Vince Lombardi but I know enough to know the guys that do it for a living and work with the kids everyday know better what the teams strengths and weakness' are.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake, are you kidding me? Farragut play calling? Farragut just hung 41 on Maryville, 34 against their ones. I'd say the play calling was pretty spot on. Farragut doesn't change their offense much, they may adjust the way their blocking scheme some but the coaches know what the team does best. I'm no Vince Lombardi but I know enough to know the guys that do it for a living and work with the kids everyday know better what the teams strengths and weakness' are.

Think whatever you like. Probably why you are 3-5. I agree that the coaches around the players should know their strength and weaknesses, so why, with the O line they have, and 2 backs like #1 and #20, would you come out and kill three or four of your drives trying to throw the ball on first and second down? FHS passing game is less than stellar, from what I saw last night, so all I am saying is from what I saw last night, a big aggressive O line, 2 good RB that ran tough, I thought their best option was to run the football, I rarely saw MHS stop them when they did run it.

I expect a high scoring game.

I do not expect a high scoring game. Farragat will make some key mistakes and MHS will do what they always do. 34-10 MHS.

I too miss the posters of old. But what is there to post about?

One of you had to be right.

Great job Rebels!

Might we see the Admirals again this season?

Maryville started with a five man front then went back to the 4-3. Maybe someone can fill us in on exactly what happened. I am assuming Gaylor & Co. saw something in the film room that made them feel the 5 man front could slow down the run. It seemed like the Admirals changed what they normally ran out of certain formations. Thus, the adjustment. I also noticed the Rebels brought Coulter up on one of the plays they burned us on for a TD deep over the middle.

I find it interesting that teams seem to recognize Maryville's ability to prepare so well for their offensive tendency, that they will change hoping to catch the Rebels off guard (i.e. Catholic running the I ). As usual Maryville's staff makes adjustments so well. But, this game exposed some clear weaknesses, I suspect D-B will like what they saw in this game.

Hats off to Myers for his accuracy in throwing on the run. Very impressed with Garrett's shut down corner play. The Rebels fundamental tackling skills are impressive.

I had no idea you were such a humorist old hick. Run that post past Wacojaco and see what the tribe faithful think. I think good win Rebels.

c. Onlee pepvol showed upp two hear big bruvver on tha JumboTron tell abowt tha Mairvul Champeenship inn 1976....'78 wuz outta state and RebullRon (formerlee #1 Mairvul fan) wuz two tarred orr couldn't git a yard pass....

popcorneater.gif

That was worth the price of admission to Hear Fry talk about our " Fair " team ... lol .... and I'd have to go with the " yard pass " on RiverdanceRon .... icon_mrgreen.gif

I was spoiled all these years having fridays off from work. About the game. What can you say about Nick Myers? If there is a team MVP it is him. We all knew Prevo,Shuler,Carroll,Winders were going to be outstanding. We all thought Kimble had a chance to be outstanding. Myers has blown me away how good he is playing.

Defense went up against a very talented offense. But! They need to get better if Maryville has a chance to go to Cookeville.

Really impressed with Fain and Barret. Those 2 big boys up front were road graders. Reminded me of the Alcoa monsters Loy and Ownby.

Watched a bit of this game on the interwebs. Woah Farragut needs some kind of seconday, or to just not bite on the play-action so hard. Also, contain! The DL was killing me going right at him like they did, leaving it open to scramble. Also, I've never figured out how no one sees a screen coming. The opposing lineman just let you run right by, think about it! (I saw this for anyone, not just specifically this game. Even in college some how they just don't see it.)

Anyways! Yeah, not all that surprising, other than the fact that Farragut scored 41 on them.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz