South Pittsburg against Polk (Grider against this Davis man)

Roy Dillard

First off let's clear up some history. Polk dominated the first half in 2009, Polk dominated the entire game in 2010, but last year SP had their way with Polk. If Polk can control the clock and limit SP's backs then it is advantage PCHS. Polk has at times struggled with the shifty backs this season. McCentral had a couple of backs that combined for about 250 yards. Polk needs to limit the big plays, make SP put together drives, increasing the opportunity for mistakes. This game is simple, play the most fundamentally sound football and you win. I do not expect a blowout either way... but I didn't expect either team to dominate in 2010 or 2011.

SP doesnt stand a chance against these wildcats. I hope they dont keep the 1st string in too long. It will be worse than the signal game last year. Man SP took a butt whipping.

Polk took a butt whoopin last year also. We didn't have any help from that Childress man like you guys did against SM. I think this is going to be a close game and it could go either way. That said, I don't think Polk is close to the team Boyd is at present.

Hmmm?...A Pirate Got Suspended For A Week And Roy Is Absent...That's Weird?

What kind of bunch a mess is this Butchie? Without Roy telling Grider how to fix his problems before the Pirates play that Davis man's team, we might get beat. That is a bunch of mess. You think I'm joking, but I am not.

Didn't yall read!?? Roy said he was looking in his book and that Davis man has still not trimmed his mustache and that it looked awful.How awful?So awful it made me sick..might have made Roy sick!! Somebody needs to check on him.He hasn't returned my text msgs!

Pegleg,you need to go check on Roy..please.Thank you

GO PIRATES!!

First off let's clear up some history. Polk dominated the first half in 2009, Polk dominated the entire game in 2010, but last year SP had their way with Polk. If Polk can control the clock and limit SP's backs then it is advantage PCHS. Polk has at times struggled with the shifty backs this season. McCentral had a couple of backs that combined for about 250 yards. Polk needs to limit the big plays, make SP put together drives, increasing the opportunity for mistakes. This game is simple, play the most fundamentally sound football and you win. I do not expect a blowout either way... but I didn't expect either team to dominate in 2010 or 2011.

GREAT POST CHARLIE!

SP you guys have one of the best coaching staffs and you have been given polks plan , READ THE PAPER ITS IN BLACK AND WHITE BOYS!. THE ONLY PERSON THEY HAVE DECENT IN THE BACKFIELD IS? MILLER-BACKUP QTR BACK IS NOW THE QTR BACK AND HE Is PLAYING WITH TURF TOE.MILLER MILLER MILLER! IF SP LOSE THEN LOSE BECAUSE ANOTHER COMPLETE TEAM BEAT YOU AND NOT ONE PLAYER! GET BEAT ON A PASS OKAY? SHOILDNT! GET BEAT BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE SLIPPED BY? SHOULDNT! BUT BY ALL MEANS MAKE IT A MILLER LIGHT NIGHT NOT A MILLER HIGH LIFE FRIDAY. WRAP HIS ARSE UP AND MAKE THE STOP! . WE SEEN THAT BIG OLE NOSE GUARD COME BACK AND HAVE BEEN WAITING ON THIS GUY TO STEP UP AND HAVE A STELLER NIGHT. ITS YOUR NIGHT #10 LETS SEE YOU MAKE A STATEMENT ! WILL THERE BE A PLAYER OR PLAYERS OF THE WEEK THIS WEEK?

no i didnt say polk was a one man team . they do have other threats also . but miller has away of wearing down a def. and if or when they key on him then the BACK UP qb is a threat turf toe or not . beside the other backs . if miller gets a step he will get 3 to 5 yards every time .and yes the o line is opening holes and all he needs is some day light . no as fer sp speedsters yea they will wear a def. also but they gotta have some holes to hit . aint taken anything away from sp there are respected by polk . and we know the sp o is a threat any time they have the ball . bottom line is miller does not get worn out that easy its almost like he gets better as the game goes . but good luck to both teams and not have any injuries

polk 26 sp21

Just came from the funeral of the grandfather of two of our players....one of them a starter. I know they'll be a little shook up, but I have confidence that it might make them play a little harder.

There's a lot of things going against us, but nothing that can't be fixed. If the boys can get in the right frame of mind there's no reason we shouldn't win. It'll take four solid quarters of football to win any game from here on out.

Lets hope it's a good game. If SP plays the way they did last week they will get drilled. if they play to their capabilities they have a chance. I enjoy talking with Charlie Murphy. Polk is my second favorite team. They play good hard nosed football.

I pull for Polk and since my little brother was a senior on the 2010 team that was one of the best times in my life watching him and his friends play. Watched those boys since little league. But on to this game I expect this game to be close and hard fought the whole game. Miller will be hard to stop the kid is a work horse but SP has two very good backs to what I've seen and heard that Polk will have to stop. Polk's defense will have to make sure tackles as well as SP on Miller. Also I'm glad to see we all can get along since the first time we played a couple of years ago these boards got a little crazy. Hope all the SP fans have a safe trip up to Benton friday night and all the players come out injury free with the playoffs coming up. Also to TheAmbassador I pull for SP when they ain't playing against my Wildcats and expect to see you guys in Cookeville again I enjoy making that trip every year adn SP is always there good Luck to you guys.