South Pittsburg against Polk (Grider against this Davis man)

Roy Dillard

What kind of question is this. I SAID they started only 4 seniors. I didn't say anything about the line!

It wasn't a question. It was a statement. Actually, it was an exclamation reinforcing the point that while the backfield is as good as they come, the line is young since you didn't mention the line.

Size and youth on the line hurt us against Boyd and like many have said they just seemed to be in another world Friday night. How in the world can you not get up for a game against Boyd? Or another perspective, how do you get the big head and think you can just show up and win against a quality opponent?

We will see if the Pirates learned a lesson Friday night…..good fundamental football wins over talent almost every time. You can’t make mistakes against good teams. Polk is a solid team under Coach Davis and I expect them to be as physical as always. The Pirates have their work cut out for them but if they play hard and don’t make mistakes they have a chance to win this game. Stopping Miller will be a tough task but I also see Polk having issues stopping our backfield unless again we don’t block well. The O-line and D-line need to step it up now since the season is almost over. Excuses that we are young on the line don’t carry as much merit this late in the season.

Pirates can rebound & win!!! They showed a lot of heart when they never quit even when they got down 21. I was proud of them for that! Yes, they were in a hole but never gave up. They cannot let the game get away early at Polk or they will struggle to catch up again. It will be a great game on Polk's field. Go P!!! This game helps us get ready every year - that is why I love playing them!!