2. Seymour 1,239

3. Cocke County 1,225

4. Volunteer 1,177

5. Tennessee High 1,144

6. South Doyle 1,138

7. Cherokee 1,109

8. Sullivan Central 1,017

Edited by ImClueless

Real question is can we get a re-vote on all this mess. It was so much easier with 8 Regions and top 4 go to the playoffs. With top 2 getting home games. Rotate each year Regions 1-4 and Region 5-8 playing each other in first round thru quarterfinals. Works nice for surrounding states, why not Tennessee. Getting a true schedule would be so much easier for all without overall record being so important. Why we make something so simple , so hard?

When I asked some coaches at Coffee County what they wanted to do, their preference would be to stay in 6AAA. If Stone is added, then that would make a six team district. That would be much better than the five teams currently in 6AAA.

I also heard that Rhea County would be in favor of moving into 6AAA, but that brings in the time zone issue during disrict play, which is a headache. TSSAA stated during the last classification that they did not want schools crossing time zones during district play.

TSSAA is a Joke!!! It is about MONEY and not about the KIDS! Something needs to be done! Someone (maybe me if I knew how to go about it) needs to fight for the kids and get these rats out of never ever land and back to reality and what it is truely about: KIDS

Here is my feelings.....I have nothing to do with Sullivan Central. I don't know their football coaches name, basketball coach, or any sport for that matter. As a fan of high school athletics, here is what I see wrong with this cluster:

In this current bologna format, I understand that someone has to be the small guy. But something needs to be done so it can be somewhat LOGICAL. This current system makes no sense except a little bit in football.

1. Sullivan Central enrollment is 1017. In EVERY sport but football, they are being asked to compete against schools such as Science Hill (2200), DB (1900), if they happen to beat these two in the region they face: Jefferson County (2150), then in sectionals HVA (1800), Farragut (1800) Bearden (1900). There is no way that this school can compete in any way in all the other sports at this school besides football!

2. If every sport is done like football and there is 6 classifications then I can see them competing with schools like Ootlewah and Rhea Co with (1400). I understand football makes money!! I understand that if you go 6 classifications in everything it waters it down. But if it is truely about the kids, SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!!!!

3. My case that I would love to see happen: 4 classifications in every sport!

Class A: Low enrollment schools: 0-499

Class AA: Low - Med enrollment numbers: 500 - 899

Class AAA: Med - High Numbers: 900 - 1300

Class AAAA: High enrollment numbers: 1301 - Blackman (2300)

P.S. I'm not even going to start with the privates and how that CIRCUS is going with the multiplier. I need to go to church and ask for forgiveness before I do that.

Knoxville Catholic High has 695 kids, we were forced to play 5a in a mostly 6a district, our kids go out and compete agaist these same schools, at least you guys have real 1000 kids to compete with.

I couldn't see any school choosing to play in 6A rather than 5A, or 4A from 3A and 2A from 1A for that matter. The regular season would be the same either way, because your district wouldn't change. The only difference would be in the playoffs. Schools do choose to move up when it involves a change in their initial class (1, 2 or 3), to maybe get in a district that has schools closer to them, county or city rivals, etc.

Knox Catholic has 80 football players out of 340 boys in school according to Meadows. The majority of schools up to about 1500 students,don't have that many players. That's only football. I would venture to say that 60-80% of the males at Catholic play sports. I would also venture to say that 30% of males playing sports at the average AA or AAA school would be on the high end. Numbers work in a variety of ways.