CAK @ Alcoa

FootballDad

Tadvols,

Cant argue with ya on the refs...seems like they just want to be apart of the game. That wasnt very good either way! Good luck to you and your falcons the rest of the way.

Hopefully there will be Knoxville area refs at the next game. SR should be ashamed of himself......it is so, so obvious. Great game and I honestly don't see either team as the favorite in three weeks other than Alcoa has the home field but that's it....very evenly matched. Each team's strengths are offset by their own weaknesses which happen to be the other team's strength.

Great game by two great teams,both with numerous play-makers will meet again in playoffs....I thought Alcoa's D got tired near to half time,but showed up again in 4th qtr....Alcoa 's Tyson is a bull...CAK's Rathbone played a stellar game as did 15? (Tn commit )..IMO High didnt impress with his passing Tonite..man his O line is huge ..both teams laid it on the line for sure..those hogs were tremdous for both teams..

on refs calls xtra point was good, interferemce calls except for 1 were legit to me..Glad to witness online

Stars were you there or still on the garbige pick-up and rectrooin duty ..

The refs were terrible. The blown PAT call was the worst ever. The guy on Alcoa's sideline had no clue. The 1st interference call that he made 4 seconds after the play had ended was comical. The 2nd interference call was legit. The Alcoa DB held both of the receivers arms down. Both teams got huge breaks with the hard count. The onside kick was a great call by CAK. I thought at the time it may have won them the game but Alcoa's defense held. CAK had 8 or 9 sries with the ball tonight and got 4 scores. 1 of those scores was thanks to the bogus interference call on the initial 3rd down play. Alcoa's defense made High get off of his point in the pocket in the 2nd half. That's why he compelted just 50% of his passes in the 2nd half. Even Charlie High can be rattled by pressure. The risk that Alcoa took to start bringing extra defenders paid off and was the difference in the game in my opinion.

The refs were terrible. The blown PAT call was the worst ever. The guy on Alcoa's sideline had no clue. The 1st interference call that he made 4 seconds after the play had ended was comical. The 2nd interference call was legit. The Alcoa DB held both of the receivers arms down. Both teams got huge breaks with the hard count. The onside kick was a great call by CAK. I thought at the time it may have won them the game but Alcoa's defense held. CAK had 8 or 9 sries with the ball tonight and got 4 scores. 1 of those scores was thanks to the bogus interference call on the initial 3rd down play. Alcoa's defense made High get off of his point in the pocket in the 2nd half. That's why he compelted just 50% of his passes in the 2nd half. Even Charlie High can be rattled by pressure. The risk that Alcoa took to start bringing extra defenders paid off and was the difference in the game in my opinion.

Very good summary imho thanks. Didn't realize the 4 out 8 series stat for CAK. Gosh it seemed like they had 500 yards in O.

Hopefully there will be Knoxville area refs at the next game. SR should be ashamed of himself......it is so, so obvious.

If trying to make a difference in games with 9-12 year old KIDS doesn't make one ashamed, I don't think anything will. I could not look at myself in the mirror if I purposely tried to make a difference where a 9-17 year old kid was involved.

I forgot to mention the "false start on the defense" and "holding on the offense.....automatic 1st down" calls that the head official made tonight. Those were priceless. I was seriously imagining a kid's grandfather officiating a little league game being better than that garbage. Even my girlfriend knows that the defense can't commit a false start and that an offensive foul doesn't translate into an automatic first down for the offense lol. Maybe "#### McGhee" from Sevier County had the officials distracted by the purple blob tonight.

I recorded the game so i want to watch the replay before i comment on SR. After the pass interference call in the Maryville game a few years back though, i doubt there is any call he could make to be worse than that...even the extra point! Lol - It just seems like he needs to be seen so bad instead of just calling a good clean game...guess he just likes attention.

I recorded the game so i want to watch the replay before i comment on SR. After the pass interference call in the Maryville game a few years back though, i doubt there is any call he could make to be worse than that...even the extra point! Lol - It just seems like he needs to be seen so bad instead of just calling a good clean game...guess he just likes attention.

First, congratulations to the victors thumb[1].gif Alcoa played tough and made the plays when they had too. Kudos to Coach Rankin for the 2pt conversion game plan. Maybe he was forced to go for 2 by an injury or something, but the PAT that Alcoa did kick looked like the kicker was quite capable of doing that all night. Ultimately the 2 pt conversions accounted for the winning margin. CAK had opportunities to stop the 2pt attempts on a couple of occasions but just didn't get it done. #2 for the Tornadoes runs just like his brother and he was a load tonight.

Now for my Warriors: this game is something we can build on. Disappointed with the L, but we played with a lot of heart and passion and I'm proud of the effort they gave tonight. The defense did an admirable job overall vs. what we have done the previous 9 games. Playing the offensive players on D certainly helped tonight and it is encouraging to see just how much difference that can make. I thought it would make a difference, but just wasn't sure how much. We had our opportunities to win this game but just didn't take advantage of them. #32 Rathbone played an excellent game on both offense and defense, #25 Smith played well but the 5 weeks of missed playing time due to injury cost him some conditioning and he was cramped up at the end of the game, #16 D.Howell had some real nice catches also and played injured most of the game, and overall the offensive line did an excellent job of handling the variety of blitzes that Nix was throwing at them. C.High has had much bigger games, but I thought he handled the pressure and big game atmosphere very well and had a good game overall. He had his team poised to win late in the game but just couldn't convert on the 4th down at the end of the game.

Overall: great atmosphere (felt like a state championship type of game), lots of fans screaming and yelling for their team, good food, unbelievably good weather, nice field conditions and the top 2 teams in 3A going head to head. I'm sure Alcoa was glad to win the District and get a seeding advantage for the playoffs. CAK didn't wilt under the fabled Tornado aura and represented themselves well. I believe CAK and Alcoa will meet again, as always, in a few weeks. But until then, good luck to the Tornadoes. I believe CAK still has a legit shot when/if that occurs. Again, I tip my hat to all of those players tonight on both sides for a very enjoyable evening of football and to the coaching staffs for having their respective teams ready to play thumb[1].gif

Edited by FootballDad