1st Rd Science Hill @ Oak Ridge

SweetScience

If Oak Ridge can put some pressure on Reed Hayes and contain him most of the time and at the same time keep coverage on the receivers they will beat Science Hill. DB put pressure on him and contained him about half the time while letting the receivers run wide open. That and the four turnovers is what almost got DB beat. I want to think DB and Science Hill both have good teams and we're getting ready to find out for sure starting Friday night. Its BIG BOY FOOTBALL from here on out.

How is SH's run game? Besides Hayes scrambling everywhere? Do they have a hint of a run attack, besides that? Just asking.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is SH's run game? Besides Hayes scrambling everywhere? Do they have a hint of a run attack, besides that? Just asking.

SH was able to run the ball with some success with their RBs. Of course, the bulk of their offense comes from Hayes' ability to get it to the WRs or scramble to extend the play or tuck it and run.

If OR commits to the run, Hayes will burn you deep. If you commit to the pass, SH has a couple of talented RBs, or Hayes will just keep it himself.

Science Hill has a respectable run game. They are very deep at tailback but their horse is Will Adams. I don't know his final numbers but he shared the load this year because of the weapons all over the field for the Hilltoppers. Adams is very elusive and strong. He isn't Foreman elusive but he is great on cutbacks and in the open field you will not catch him. He didn't get the ball much against DB, therefore he wasn't much of a factor. Not sure why? I probably just worked out that way with SHHS falling behind early. But don't underestimate Adams.

Science Hill has a respectable run game. They are very deep at tailback but their horse is Will Adams. I don't know his final numbers but he shared the load this year because of the weapons all over the field for the Hilltoppers. Adams is very elusive and strong. He isn't Foreman elusive but he is great on cutbacks and in the open field you will not catch him. He didn't get the ball much against DB, therefore he wasn't much of a factor. Not sure why? I probably just worked out that way with SHHS falling behind early. But don't underestimate Adams.

Ok, thanks gents.

It could of been that Science Hill was commited to their passing game against DB because our pass defense is our weakness, but I don't think their running game was very effective in that game.(excluding their QB). I cant remember their rushing total, somewhere between 60 - 80 yrds. I think. Also Will Adams limped off the field in the last part of the forth quarter holding his hamstring. I don't remember him returning.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Hope Will is OK. He's definitely the Toppers #1 RB but like someone else said, they are deep at that position. The other two that usually get a bit of playing time are Chance Pierce and Will's brother, Addison. You usually just see Addison on goal line plays though. He's a little bigger than his brother.

Tough crowd. Hard to compare us going up against probably the best offense in the state in Maryville to SH's offense, which i'm sure is good, but i seriously doubt on the level of Maryville's. Maryville has the pass game and run game down pat. Ya'll may be right, but i have a feeling we are gonna me em work for it, if they do beat us. Again, i may be wrong, too. We shall see.

SS, I actually give the coaching edge to Blade. Homefield advantage, O.R. This should be a good one. I am still not convinced about how good the NET is. D-B win over Farragut looked good until WB beat them? I quess we will know Friday considering the match-ups with Bearden and Oak Ridge.

Edited by oldhick76

That's for sure . . .

Will was having some cramping issues in the DB game. Got to have those fluids. Guys with low body fat will cramp sooner.

Edited by The Hill

Hope Will is OK. He's definitely the Toppers #1 RB but like someone else said, they are deep at that position. The other two that usually get a bit of playing time are Chance Pierce and Will's brother, Addison. You usually just see Addison on goal line plays though. He's a little bigger than his brother.

Addison is not wills brother. Aaron Adams and Jamar who played last year are, Addison is SHs greatest running back, Gary "shorty" Adams son

Just went by the ship and the endzones are looking good.Roll Wildcats Roll.Blade ready to turn it up and make a playoff run.Under Coach Blade Oak Ridge looks like a new team when the playoffs start and I cant wait to see Blankenship at its best Friday night.If Oak Ridge can catch the ball they win a close one.Fight till the gun and get Atomic city pumped.All the way turned up

Alls i gotta say is Friday night OR is gonna lay it all on the line. This is our first home playoff game since 2005, which is a long long time by OR standards. Science Hill may win, but the Oak Ridge boys will leave it all out on the field Friday night. This is far from one of the best teams we have had in The Ridge, but we still got alotta pride in this small town for our football team and tradition. Hoping to make a bit of a splash this last postseason in 6A before we move it on down to 5A, where we really shoulda been this year, to be honest. I wish the Toppers the best.

Edited by SweetScience

Alls i gotta say is Friday night OR is gonna lay it all on the line. This is our first home playoff game since 2005, which is a long long time by OR standards. Science Hill may win, but the Oak Ridge boys will leave it all out on the field Friday night. This is far from one of the best teams we have had in The Ridge, but we still got alotta pride in this town for our football team and tradition. Best of luck Toppers.

WILDCAT PRIDE.Rian Hall and Normand have to much heart to go out like a punk.And the one nobody talks about Ethan GRUNK is looking for sack 15 b4 Friday is over.He could be huge in the outcome of this game