Meadows is out at Knoxville Catholic

ExSpartan

The thing about Rankin is he doesn't do anything fancy. He just gets his kids big and strong and they block your butt and run the ball. How he do dat?

Good recruiting...........and with the unlimited resources he will have at Catholic, look out, he will have a powerhouse program there, if he comes. However, I think Alcoa may sweeten the pot and try to keep him. Alcoa raised sales tax to fund a new school, they may raise it again to pay Coach Rankin, I don't think they want to lose him.

I heard that Brian Nix also applied for the Catholic job, anyone know if that is true?

Good recruiting...........and with the unlimited resources he will have at Catholic, look out, he will have a powerhouse program there, if he comes. However, I think Alcoa may sweeten the pot and try to keep him. Alcoa raised sales tax to fund a new school, they may raise it again to pay Coach Rankin, I don't think they want to lose him.

I heard that Brian Nix also applied for the Catholic job, anyone know if that is true?

Where's he from? There are several head coaches that have applied/interviewed from out of the area and state.

fury, I'm just sayin, he's a smart guy. Nobody would turn down Bearden and Alcoa for an opportunity to coach Karns. get real. If he actually did that then he's not near as smart as I thought he was. Nice guy and a good coach though.

He didn't do these at the same time. He turned down Alcoa long before he applied for the Karns job.

fury, I'm just sayin, he's a smart guy. Nobody would turn down Bearden and Alcoa for an opportunity to coach Karns. get real. If he actually did that then he's not near as smart as I thought he was. Nice guy and a good coach though.

I'm not going to even say it has anything to do with his intelligence. I know for a fact that the Alcoa job was due to salary. Bearden don't know. My original statement for even mentioning these things was due to someone saying he deserves to be a head coach. Well he's had chances so that is on him. Things like that have a way of making it around and can affect you in the future. May be that is why Karns turned him down.

Edited by extremefury