Meadows is out at Knoxville Catholic

ExSpartan

Wow. Alcoa must have really sweetened the pot to keep Rankin.

I highly doubt that. Alcoa has never "given in" to coaches demands before.

You would really need to look no further than the roster to see why GR would stay at Alcoa.

We are getting ready to rip off a few more titles...I am sure he would like to be around for it.

I highly doubt that. Alcoa has never "given in" to coaches demands before.

You would really need to look no further than the roster to see why GR would stay at Alcoa.

We are getting ready to rip off a few more titles...I am sure he would like to be around for it.

I have no doubt that Alcoa is primed for some more championships, but I also think Rankin could be competing for 4A titles at Catholic as early as 2014. Plus he would be making his public school pension and the Catholic salary and not have any other duties other than being called a PE teacher.

It is no secret to anyone that if there is a stud that wants to attend Catholic, they will find a way to get the tuition paid, ( I have heard it straight out of parents mouths that have kids there), and having those resources are right up Rankin's alley.

I could even see another scenario that with Rankin there, they could just go D2 and give scholarships, and he could compete with Ensworth, BA, MBA, etc.....Man you let Rankin be able to recruit who he wants, he could take some of the Blount County elite to go with what he already has at his disposal, and he could easily compete with the bigger D2 schools.

I hope he does stay at Alcoa, he has done a great job there, and will no doubt continue to do a great job, but if he was ever going to leave, I think this is a perfect fit........the school gets a great coach that will draw a lot of the top talent in Knox, and the coach gets to make double salary, and have unlimited resources at his disposal.

I think this is a perfect fit........the school gets a great coach that will draw a lot of the top talent in Knox, and the coach gets to make double salary, and have unlimited resources at his disposal.

jake ole buddy ewe sed hit wif tha "unlimmited reesources"......

Cathlick haz added a nice terf feeled (even tho hit onlee haz a 3 leef clovur) ...and a big ol' speekur bildin' att tha end ov tha feeled (that tha Gov-Man wood bee jellus ov).......

Tha laist time eye wuz ov thair thay haid these fellers which looked like a mix betwist Zorro and Navin Johnson wif these fancee uneeforms and big long peacock feathers hangin' out ov thair hats (sortee like Navin's hat hangin' out of his T-Top).....and evun moore empressive iz these parties these fellers haz, which, inn my opinyun, wood attrack a lott ov good stewdunt / af-leets......Knott two menshun thays all vurry good daincurs..... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

People are wondering 'if' and 'when' Rankin is going to take this one, Also folks are speculating as to the 'secret' of his success and his teams ability to run, run, run both at and around you.

His main 'secret' is his ability to put together great staffs that compliment him and HIS system. Part of this is usually a great strength coach and his getting his way about his players being able to use their PE Class time to lift. This has two advantages. The first is uniformity in his weight program and the fact NONE of what most schools practice time is wasted in the weight room. ALL of his practice minutes are spent running plays over and over and over. He also has ALL his players working the entire practice time either under his eye or one of his assistants. This also allows him to devote at least 30 minutes EACH day with special teams and their plays.

His second 'trick' is usually a great DC so he can concentrate on offense. Along with this is the fact he tries to keep at least two seperate teams. One offense and the other defense. Add to this he usually has multiple O-lines with little drop off between the first and second.

Now as to whether he is going to take it, I speculate it has to do with the amount of assistants he can bring with him, and which ones want to come. This is usually accomplished by him promising ALL of them that he will reccommend them for the HC job if/when he leaves. Just ask folks like Ron Crawford, Steve Britton, and Greg Wyant about this.

Lastly he has to have a good assistant that does nothing else but hold his clipboard and be in charge of the actual 'recruiting' so he can keep his hands clean.

Also look for his to his wanting to be in charge of things like picking the uniform supplier and the fact he wants HIS (football) Booster Club to be in charge of the concession stand (and PROFITS).

When administrations balk at things like this, the talks usually break down.

BTW Publics, stand by to lose ANY talented QB's/RB's you might have.