Board of Control NOT much Balance

coachfoozeball

Well let's see. We have an organization that let's the Board of Control do the voting for the largest money making tournament (that being the T$$AA Football State playoffs) and we have a HUGE problem. First off, they send surveys and then report that the coaches/schools, maybe overall in close margins but overwhelming in many areas, wish for the old 5 class system for football. Well this board then votes 5-4 to keep 6. Well let's take a look at how we call ourselves a 3 class state for athletics (D-I) and two for (D-II) but then we divide into 6 for the D-I. So, if we were going to make real decisions then I would assume that ALL classes would be represented in the vote. Well: According to who is listed today as the Board of Control members there are 0 -6A, 3-5A, 1-4A, 3-3A, 0-2A, 1-1A, 0 -DII . One area (area 7) was listed as vacant.

So we made a vote for the ENTIRE state but only had representation allowed to vote from 4 of the 8 divisions (50%). And on top of that six of them come from 5A or 3A schools. This is very interesting INDEED.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to mention they have a clause to ballance the 1a and 2a quads a little better but haven't invoked it. If last year and this year didn't trigger them using that option, it isn't going to happen. Just looking at quad 1 and quad 4 in 1a last year and Quad 2 and Quad 3 this year is just ridiculous.

The TSSAA and the majority of the schools wanted the 5-class system. It was the BOC that voted in the 6-class system. My solution is this: Eliminate the Board of Control and the Legislative Council. With the technology we have today, each member school gets to vote online on all business matters. Only the principal or AD's have access to this. A school or TSSAA can make a proposal and the schools vote. The majority wins (example: if the there are 300 members, a 151-149 vote wins). The TSSAA can gather enrollment figures every four years, draw up classes, districts, and regions. The schools vote for approval. Class A votes on class A matters, class AA on class AA stuff, and class AAA on class AAA stuff. Only football playing schools vote on football matters. Same for the other sports also. Public/Private split can be voted on by entire membership. That's my two cents worth. Anybody else like to tweak my proposal, say I'm nuts, or what not. LOL!

The TSSAA and the majority of the schools wanted the 5-class system. It was the BOC that voted in the 6-class system. My solution is this: Eliminate the Board of Control and the Legislative Council. With the technology we have today, each member school gets to vote online on all business matters. Only the principal or AD's have access to this. A school or TSSAA can make a proposal and the schools vote. The majority wins (example: if the there are 300 members, a 151-149 vote wins). The TSSAA can gather enrollment figures every four years, draw up classes, districts, and regions. The schools vote for approval. Class A votes on class A matters, class AA on class AA stuff, and class AAA on class AAA stuff. Only football playing schools vote on football matters. Same for the other sports also. Public/Private split can be voted on by entire membership. That's my two cents worth. Anybody else like to tweak my proposal, say I'm nuts, or what not. LOL!

I agree with you in part. There still needs to be a sort of "Tribunal" to deal with issues that come up regarding violations.

A Democracy, wow whoever thought of such a thing. The way it is now ,we just have a few smart fellers telling all us dummies whats best for us.

Well let's see. We have an organization that let's the Board of Control do the voting for the largest money making tournament (that being the T$$AA Football State playoffs) and we have a HUGE problem. First off, they send surveys and then report that the coaches/schools, maybe overall in close margins but overwhelming in many areas, wish for the old 5 class system for football. Well this board then votes 5-4 to keep 6. Well let's take a look at how we call ourselves a 3 class state for athletics (D-I) and two for (D-II) but then we divide into 6 for the D-I. So, if we were going to make real decisions then I would assume that ALL classes would be represented in the vote. Well: According to who is listed today as the Board of Control members there are 0 -6A, 3-5A, 1-4A, 3-3A, 0-2A, 1-1A, 0 -DII . One area (area 7) was listed as vacant.

So we made a vote for the ENTIRE state but only had representation allowed to vote from 4 of the 8 divisions (50%). And on top of that six of them come from 5A or 3A schools. This is very interesting INDEED.

All CLASSES are not supposed to be represented. All areas are. TSSAA divides the state into athletic districs by county. District one being upper east TN counties, District two being the valley around Knoxville and the upper Cumberland region, etc. Each representitive on the board should represent the same number of schools. I have never done the math to see how close it is. One vote per athletic district is never going to make both large and small schools, not to mention privates, happy.

This is really getting old hearing you all cry. We have 6 class for 4 more years get over it

you use social media to cry constantly and then when some one else voices a dissenting opinion from your own, you cry even more by calling them "cry babies."

do you not understand the hypocrisy of that, or are you just willfully that obtuse?

Edited by snoball5278