Round 2; Oak Ridge @ Maryville

tnchad1980

Bingo!! That's why it's so gosh-darned bizarre that, after all that winning, you pass yourself off as a victim, having, as you said, gone through such trying times and all what with those mean old verbal jabs from the big boys. Go figure. Anyhow, I won't respond further (ha, you get the last word) because it just wouldn't be fair, not to mention that I'm woefully off topic.

your moniker says it all.

Here is your point.....OR is moving down...correct? We will see if the decide to remain in 6A. See the correlation? Maryville was hammered for years for staying in the class that their numbers represented. The "Big Boys" got what they requested. How did that suit you?

A very good point. OR, Farragat, Bearden and several others said they couldn't wait for Maryville to quit hiding and step up to the so called "Big Boys". Maybe you can get the T$$AA to change the rules to championship limit MHS. In that way your team might get a better shot.

To me the first game didn't seem like much of a slobber knocker in the first half. Has OR gotten that much better or were they having a bad night.

2 Key plays that helped Maryville big time was the interception by John Garret. If the OR QB throws the ball earlier it could have been an OR touchdowm. The next key play happened a few plays later when Shaun Prevo runs 94 yds for a TD. Instead of a tying touchdown OR finds themselves down 14-0. I don't think they ever recovered from that. A lot of people think Maryville will kill Oak Ridge. I think this game will be much closer than the 1st game.

2 Key plays that helped Maryville big time was the interception by John Garret. If the OR QB throws the ball earlier it could have been an OR touchdowm. The next key play happened a few plays later when Shaun Prevo runs 94 yds for a TD. Instead of a tying touchdown OR finds themselves down 14-0. I don't think they ever recovered from that. A lot of people think Maryville will kill Oak Ridge. I think this game will be much closer than the 1st game.

Are you freaking kidding me? If he had thrown the ball earlier there would not have been a receiver there to catch it besides he was too busy trying not to get sacked. And I guess that Prevo was just lucky and it was a fluke.? How long have you been watching Maryville play football? This stuff is what they do? They make you pay for your mistakes with sound fundamental football ... OR was never in the game. Wait , if OR had done this it would be great football! Edited by weaklink

Those 2 plays were very key plays in the game, i agree RR. But, great teams recover from those mistakes, and we didn't. Here's hoping to a more competitive game this time around.

Well in the first game OR didn't appear to be in the game in he first half. Their QB threw that crazy int. straight up in the air, and the offense couldn't move the ball at all. Their defense couldn't stop Prevo or the pass. Maryville's line looked superior in almost every play. Now I know OR scored in the second half ,but it looked like GQ called off the dogs.