DeKalb Co @ LA, ROUND 2 OF PLAYOFFS (Rematch)

Stealer007

I was on the '05 state championship team, and Danny mccoin helped me so much as a player. I train with Brock now, and I'm telling ya guys, you just don't realize the arm he has. But I guess you wouldn't know about his arm all your used to seeing is the back of his jersey

I don't doubt mccoin he has a cannon probably out throw Phillips no problem, but we haven't got to see his accuracy , "we. I mean DC " ...but I hope DC stops the runso Brock does have to throw then you will be able to validate an argument, but I warn you even if he does throw it well someone on here will still disagree lol

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't doubt mccoin he has a cannon probably out throw Phillips no problem, but we haven't got to see his accuracy , "we. I mean DC " ...but I hope DC stops the runso Brock does have to throw then you will be able to validate an argument, but I warn you even if he does throw it well someone on here will still disagree lol

Brock's time to throw will come. Might not be this Friday but it will happen eventually

I was on the '05 state championship team, and Danny mccoin helped me so much as a player. I train with Brock now, and I'm telling ya guys, you just don't realize the arm he has. But I guess you wouldn't know about his arm all your used to seeing is the back of his jersey

How many teams do realize the arm he has? His arm may be as golden as his wheels but few have seen it. What is the most number of completions he has in a game for his career? A couple bombs a game does not make for a great passer. It doesn't make for a poor one either!

He just has not been asked or forced in his career to my knowledge to drop back 25+ times in a game. Can he do it and do it well? Probably so but who really knows? That is why Tech would give him a "chance" at QB instead of stating he "is" a QB.

We all know he is a great athlete. He seems to be a good leader. He very well may be a fantastic young man. I only saw class come from him while others would have rubbed our noses in it two weeks ago every time they reached paydirt.

I wish Brock all the success in the world in college and in life. I just hope for one game, he has less success than his competition. Honestly, if I were the coach and had that line; I wouldn't put the ball in his hands to throw until I was forced to either.

That same decision is empirical evidence that risk/reward the coach has always trusted his legs more than his arm. Who wouldn't? It leaves the question in observers minds; can he throw with the big boys at the next level? Also, will he ever have to at this level?

How many teams do realize the arm he has? His arm may be as golden as his wheels but few have seen it. What is the most number of completions he has in a game for his career? A couple bombs a game does not make for a great passer. It doesn't make for a poor one either!

He just has not been asked or forced in his career to my knowledge to drop back 25+ times in a game. Can he do it and do it well? Probably so but who really knows? That is why Tech would give him a "chance" at QB instead of stating he "is" a QB.

We all know he is a great athlete. He seems to be a good leader. He very well may be a fantastic young man. I only saw class come from him while others would have rubbed our noses in it two weeks ago every time they reached paydirt.

I wish Brock all the success in the world in college and in life. I just hope for one game, he has less success than his competition. Honestly, if I were the coach and had that line; I wouldn't put the ball in his hands to throw until I was forced to either.

That same decision is empirical evidence that risk/reward the coach has always trusted his legs more than his arm. Who wouldn't? It leaves the question in observers minds; can he throw with the big boys at the next level? Also, will he ever have to at this level?

I could not have stated it better myself, both teams are talented. Its just a matter of who comes to win.

It's amazing how people can assume that DeKalb would try to hurt McCoin or Hayes if they had the opportunity considering that there was no sign of any foul play on DeKalb's part 2 weeks ago. As much as these teams and their fans go back and forth at each other, I don't think either side would intentionally try to cause a serious injury to the other. It's football. It should be played clean and with integrity. If an injury happens, chances are that it is not intentional.

Good post! I appreciate the fact that you noticed his demeanor on the field. He doesn't celebrate after a big run or beat his chest after making a three on the basketball crt. You wont see Creed doing any of that nonsense either. They definetly handle themselves with class. Phillips also seems to be a classy young man!