Faking a punt up 35 with 4 minutes left in the game!

automatic

Anyone who has ever played CAK or has scouted them knows that CAK has a rugby style punter and that if you don't cover him on defense that the CAK punter will run for the first down. This is basic stuff.

Seems to me the real question that needs to be asked of the Loudon coaches is why did they not defend the play that they knew was coming. They could have and forced the punt but they choose not to and the CAK punter smartly ran for the first down (not touchdown) and CAK continued to run the clock out.

I'm throwing an unbiased flag on the Loudon fans for making a big deal out of this.

I think he shoulda run for the TD.

This whole asinine bunch from cak, scsports (or whatever) mountain mole or troll are just a bunch of morons! the kid should have just punted plain and simple. let someone announce this on sportscenter and see what response u get "team up 35 with 4 min left in game uses their all state wide receiver to fake a punt!" back in the old days wouldn't be any whining from other team just plain ole payback and don't worry it will be back! were young and unless cak can get some outstanding recruits in over next few seasons we will get ours!

This whole asinine bunch from cak, scsports (or whatever) mountain mole or troll are just a bunch of morons! the kid should have just punted plain and simple. let someone announce this on sportscenter and see what response u get "team up 35 with 4 min left in game uses their all state wide receiver to fake a punt!" back in the old days wouldn't be any whining from other team just plain ole payback and don't worry it will be back! were young and unless cak can get some outstanding recruits in over next few seasons we will get ours!

Mountain troll is not from CAK... And I doubt Loudon will even come close to CAK for a while unless the coach leaves....anybody know anything more about that rumor?

I'll be honest, I didn't read all the posts in this thread so forgive me if someone has already said this. I don't want to get into name calling. I will say one thing in support of the fake punt. In the first round there are going to be a lot of blowouts when you let so many teams in the playoffs. So, it makes sense to me that a team would use these games to work on trick plays (fake punts, double passes, onsides, whatever) in these games so that they can see how they work against live competition. Plus the film from these first round games won't be swapped if a given team makes it to semi-finals because most teams swap two weeks worth of game film. I know it doesn't make the teams that are being blown out feel any better about it, but I don't see it as a huge slap in the face.

Sad that this thread has garnered enough attention for 15 pages. Get over it and move on!! Surely you don't want to teach your kids to whine and moan about someone doing them wrong, so what example are you setting for your kids by getting on here and whining and moaning. So another team did something you did not agree with, thats life, these kids are going to be faced with much worse in the real world, are they supposed to lay down and cry about it? If they follow the lead of some on here, that is exactly what they will do.

I have never seen anyone cry as much as chief. Wow dude i just dont understand how this angers u so much. If u dont like football dont watch. I dont see penalties,any rules broken or any unsportsmanship. Kid just got a first down and let jv return to play. Grow up and realize there is no pity in football. If u dont like him running the first down its very simple solution TELL UR TEAM TO TACKLE HIM BEFORE HE CROSSES THE SECOND RED STICK.

Do you think they were trying to score more, or run out the clock?

hummm...interesting thread here on a football board. as for the question asked in the title....the defense is on the field to stop the offense. if the offense chooses to punt the ball, regardless of time left on the clock, the defenses job is to stop them, whether they kick or fake. that fake might be the turning point in another game down the line, OR stopping one might be critical for someone down the line. it's football. just do your job, regarless of score, time left or who's in the game ( 1sr 2nd or 3rd stringers are all asked to do the same thing...execute).

I think he shoulda run for the TD.

I will agree with Troll on this one. I go back to the old adage.....well if you dont like it then stop them. If you can score then score. Of course a Signal Mtn fan would think this way or a South Pitt fan.....Signal ran the score up on us a time or two but I was thinking then as I think now. If the shoe was on the other foot we would run it up on them too. Its just football in my opinion.

I will agree with Troll on this one. I go back to the old adage.....well if you dont like it then stop them. If you can score then score. Of course a Signal Mtn fan would think this way or a South Pitt fan.....Signal ran the score up on us a time or two but I was thinking then as I think now. If the shoe was on the other foot we would run it up on them too. Its just football in my opinion.

After he run for the TD, he should o' gone over in front of the other team's coach and spiked the ball. Then we'd all really have somethin' to yak about. thumb[1].gif